• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Earrings

Should Link's earrings return?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I don't care.

• Total voters

Steve

5/19/13
I guess Rauru got bored over the course of 7 years and decided to hook up Link with some stuff.
I honestly didn't notice he had earrings until Twilight Princess, so I don't think I'd mind if he had them in later games, but it would be cool to see him have them in. They made him look a bit more distingushed, I guess.
"Link now that you're an adult you'll need to get that ladies so I took the liberty of, as the kids say, 'pimping you out'."

Zarom

The King
Personnaly, I never cared about his earrings. If they're there or not, it doesn't matter to me. As long as the hero stays Link. :):(

Last edited:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I never really minded the fact that Link had earrings in certain Zelda games. Although my opinion would slightly change if you consider which Link should wear them. The Links in TP and OoT looked fine with the earrings, but if you consider a Link like the one in WW, eh, no. Earrings just wouldn't look good as an accessory to his outfit. Like someone else mentioned on here before, maybe when he gets older, WW Link could wear them, but for the time being, no.

So overall, yes, I thought that the earrings were cool. They seemed to add a nice touch to Link's outfit. Although, like I said before, it would depend on which Link your talking about. I'd rather have a Link like the ones in TP and OoT to be the ones wearing the earrings.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I really never noticed the earrings before, but I was playing Oot and noticed two blue things one on each of link's ear and then I looked at them closely and saw earrings. My first reaction was OMG and then I started laughing and almost chocked on my wind while I was laughing, but I'm okay now. Sorry for laughing at your excessve jewerly link (not :lol::lol:).

I like the ear ring thing. It looked cool in Oot. I think they should stick with adult link keeping them.

The earrings don't bother me too much. I don't think they look bad on him. If anything, it adds a touch of "devil-may-care".*shrugs*

However, I don't think that the kid incarnations of Link should wear them. They just look too innocent. :)

I agree. Apparently in times of swords and that sort of thing, men who were considered warriors wore rings, either on hands or on ears.So I suspect Link has those for that reason. And aside from that, he odesnt, In my opinion, look like himself completely, without them. As young link, Yeah, he looks to young and innocent to wear earrings. Can you imagine what earrings would look like on toon link?

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I agree. Apparently in times of swords and that sort of thing, men who were considered warriors wore rings, either on hands or on ears.So I suspect Link has those for that reason. And aside from that, he odesnt, In my opinion, look like himself completely, without them. As young link, Yeah, he looks to young and innocent to wear earrings. Can you imagine what earrings would look like on toon link?

Don't even get me started there. Toon Link with earrings that would be crazy and for some time very funny. But I think they should keep the earrings on adult Link only.

Q

Quazaar

I'm making a fan made Zelda game where Link wheres earrings, theres a reason why he wheres them too. But I wont give the reason away just yet.

M

MC707

It's always been a trademark for Adult Link, so I don't see why they wouldn't. It contributes to his feminine style, anyway.
Nope, its the other way around: too much manliness has to be balanced out, hence the earrings :P

Adult Link's earrings are awesome. Just as [almost] everyone in this thread has said, adult Link=earrings. Kid Link=naw

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
link should always have those earings. i didn't go buy myself a pair to watch link stop having them. in that matter that's the only reason i pierced my ears.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I think the earrings look good on adult link, and I think that in any games that feature adult/teenage Link, he should wear them. Also, I would agree that earrings on Toon Link or any Child Link would look weird, and it's probably best to not give young Link earrings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom