• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Earrings

Should Link's earrings return?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I don't care.

• Total voters

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
I love it when link wears earings!^^

But it is hard to notice them until near the end of the middle in the game except for OoT. I feel like the earrings symbolizes him in a way. Besides he looks nice in earrings:p
I don't really care but I would rather have him keep his earrings.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I never saw them in OoT but everyone must have reconized them in TP, or theyre blind.but anyway I don't care about links earings I really dont care if he wore a dress as long as the gameplay is good and the earrings dont effect links battling

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I voted for I don't care, but, in all truth, I really don't know. It might add to the coolness of adult Link a little bit, but would look rather ******** on young Link.:P If I were Link, though, (more so than the player is) then I wouldn't get my ears pierced. I don't see a place for that in any of the games, though. In Ocarina of Time, it's sort of unexplained how he actually got the earrings. They're a part of the graphic for Adult Link, but not Young Link, which means that, once you get to the future, Link magically has his ears pierced. Maybe Rauru did it.:hmm:

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Yes, it is very odd. The manga explains it, as I said before, but Nintendo has officially labeled those as non-canon.

Actually, it seems really creepy thing about a guy piercing your ears while you're asleep. *shudders*

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Personally, I think it's cool they gave Link earrings. Of course, like other have said, it would only work on certain Links (Adult), and not on others (Child). I probably wouldn't notice if they're weren't in the next game, but I would like it if they were.
I didn't notice them at first, but I think they just makes Link seem cooler - as cheesy as that sounds.
And althought the Manga isn't canon, I think that's a pretty good reason/explaination as to why they're pierced.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I always found the whole situation curious.

Who groomed Link after all that time? He was given ear piercings, haircuts and shaves, an undershirt and pantyhose. Who took care of all that?

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
It really would make no difference to me. If they did make a point of including earrings, they should go a step further and they should give a benefit, kind of like the rings in the original Zelda? Extra defense? Attack power? Breakdancing?

I always found the whole situation curious.

Who groomed Link after all that time? He was given ear piercings, haircuts and shaves, an undershirt and pantyhose. Who took care of all that?

Isn't it obvious? Rauru is a dirty old man.

I don't particularly care. I think earrings would be a cool addition to Link's character design, but I don't think it matters a lot.

Each Zelda goes with different character designs for Link. Since all the Links are different people (except for a few cases,) I think it just depends on the game or what the designer was going for.

If they do have them, I don't think they should have any backstory... unless they were the theme of the game, like the Wind Waker, or the Ocarina of Time. Though I suppose you could do what the Oracle games did with the rings (or something similar,) and do it with earrings instead. That could be interesting.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
It really would make no difference to me. If they did make a point of including earrings, they should go a step further and they should give a benefit, kind of like the rings in the original Zelda? Extra defense? Attack power? Breakdancing?

Isn't it obvious? Rauru is a dirty old man.

I kind of like the idea of breakdancing...

I do think that rings should make a glorious return. I really see no reason as to why not.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
He looks more edgy I think with the earrings. I liked them but it's not like all Hell is going to rise if he returns earring-less :P

I honestly don't care either way, but I am leaning towards no. Really, the only reason is that they seem slightly feminine to me, but otherwise, I don't care either way, it's Nintendo's decision, not mine.

Shnappy

derp
I could care less about Link's earrings. It's not something that makes a big difference in the games, as it's just a ring through his ear. Sure, it will look a bit weird with them off, but that's only because we're used to him having earrings. If he never had earrings and all of the sudden, in the next game, he had them, would that be weird? The answer is yes.

R

RupeeBlue

I wouldn't mind Link having huge golden hoop earrings. It'd make things interesting to say the least. I really want to see Link as chav now. That would be the epitome of EPIC.

But seriously, I don't mind them being a subtle feature on the adult/young man Links like OoT and TP, but on WW Link? Perhaps not.

B

blhand26

But seriously, I don't mind them being a subtle feature on the adult/young man Links like OoT and TP, but on WW Link? Perhaps not.

Personally I think the earrings make him look a little edgy and awesome. Like RupeeBlue said, On TP or Oot the adult/young man Link wore earrings that were subtle and I think that is just the right amount they should do of earrings for Link. Any more and he'd look .... well let's just say he wouldn't look like Link. But putting earings on the WW Link that would sorta ruin the kid look. :):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom