• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Earrings

Should Link's earrings return?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I don't care.

• Total voters

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I know this may sound stupid, but... Do you think Link should return with pierced ears? In many of the games, Link wore earrings, but in others, not so much.

What are your thoughts on this? Does it seem cool or stupid to you? Why?

P.S. There was a backstory to the earrings in the Ocarina of Time manga. Do you think it would be a good idea to add something such as this if you choose yes?

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
For some reason the whole earring thing kinda worked in OoT, it's definally not a staple of his outfit but it works for some of the Links.

I definally wouldn't want to see earrings on certain Links, the one that's definally coming to mind would be the WW Link. xD At least not until he's grown up!

As for the back story.. I thought was a nice little touch in the Manga. I'm not sure if that's cannon or not, but it was awesome to put a story to something that was kind of an afterthought. =D Would be neat to see personal touches in his outfit (not necessarily limited to earrings) like that incorporated into a game.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I really dident think having the earrings or not mattered that much, but ya Wind Waker Link would defiantly look weird if he had earrings :P I think only the Link from Ocarina of Time worked with them well.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I say: Why not! They shouldn´t make them to big though. Wouldn´t look that great and would give a not so serious impression. It all depends on how Link looks in general and his age I guess.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I don't approve of Link wearing earrings. Ganondorf wore them also. It's pretty stupid if you ask me, and I am dumbfounded as to why they're there.

I hardly even noticed them, until my friend pointed them out one time. I really don't see how it adds anything, besides Link having some thing on his ear >_>.

linkman8

True and Noble
It doesn't even really matter to me. I knew they were there, but I just kind of ignored them. I sort of figured they put them in the game to make adult Link appear older. I thought it was tacky, but oh well.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I don't really care.

But there is no explaination in the game, but there is in the manga.
According to the manga, Impa gives the earrings to link. Apperently its a Sheikah trademark of proud warriors.

S

Swedish Link

I read somewhere that Link wears earrings because of Hylian fashion... =P

But I think that the earrings really fit in Twilight Princess. Even if I argued forever with my little brother about whether or not he has earrings on both ears and if one dissapears when he transforms into a wolf (he won, and he's 10...) but I still haven't lost all my respect for them yet. xD

I've noticed them on occasion, namely in Soul Calibur and twilight princess pictures since them seem so huge on them there. But doesn't really matter if they're in the next game or not.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I think earrings should return for adult Link. And he will have to have a realistic look to. They worked for adult Link in OoT ^^ They would not have worked in TWW though.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
According to the manga, Impa gives the earrings to link. Apperently its a Sheikah trademark of proud warriors.

Now that's a good reason that can be justified. But sadly, they're not explained, and it just seems like a guy wearing two earrings. That doesn't give off messages......

www.zeldainmypocket.com
For some reason the whole earring thing kinda worked in OoT, it's definally not a staple of his outfit but it works for some of the Links.

I definally wouldn't want to see earrings on certain Links, the one that's definally coming to mind would be the WW Link. xD At least not until he's grown up!

As for the back story.. I thought was a nice little touch in the Manga. I'm not sure if that's cannon or not, but it was awesome to put a story to something that was kind of an afterthought. =D Would be neat to see personal touches in his outfit (not necessarily limited to earrings) like that incorporated into a game.

I pretty much 100% agree with you. It's fine on some Link's, but on others, not so much. Yeah, the manga backstory gave it some purpose, although the Mangas have been officially declared to be non-canon.

Someone mentioned something about Ganon's earrings. Yes, those are tacky. I think it would be just plain stupid to bring those back.

Now that's a good reason that can be justified. But sadly, they're not explained, and it just seems like a guy wearing two earrings. That doesn't give off messages......

Yeah, too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom