• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Different Forms

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
Link through his journeys has became a kid, a zora, a goron, a deku scrub, a wolf, a fierce diety, and even a giant! What was your favorite? Should they bring back these forms in the future, so link can once again change his form during the game? If so, what would be some other cool forms, that would suit fit well?Mine was personally fierce diety, I loved his look and his power! I also really enjoyed swimming as a zora! I think they should bring it back in the future zelda games, and I think it would be very cool if Link could take the power of an enemy he kills, and transform into it using magic power! And like the masks, there would be a full menu screen of all the enemies you can get and transform in to! tell me what you guys think :)!!!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
As much as I think Fierce Deity Link is badass, Wolf Link was probably my favorite. I loved the transformation masks in Majora's Mask, I thought it was very unique and creative. As far as "should they bring them back" goes, I would say no. Maybe a different and new form change, but I would not like to see previous forms return.

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
I changed my mind, for future zelda games, there should be a mini boss for each temple like there always is. Every time you defeat a mini boss, you are rewarded with a weapon, and you take the mini-bosses soul, and store it on the collection screen. When you click on it, you could transform into that mini boss, and you would go through every temple collecting its mini boss soul and gaining acsess to transform into it through out the game, as an alternate weapon! Think how awesome that would be, turning into something like a flying Aeralfosm (the mini boss of city in the sky)

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Of the Mask transformations, Zora was my favorite. I also liked Wolf Link in TP.

And for the record...
I changed my mind, for future zelda games, there should be a mini boss for each temple like there always is. Every time you defeat a mini boss, you are rewarded with a weapon, and you take the mini-bosses soul, and store it on the collection screen. When you click on it, you could transform into that mini boss, and you would go through every temple collecting its mini boss soul and gaining acsess to transform into it through out the game, as an alternate weapon! Think how awesome that would be, turning into something like a flying Aeralfosm (the mini boss of city in the sky)
...This is genius.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
loz_transformation_idea_by_rubydragoncat-d50u35b.png

THAT is what I want his next transformation to be. Nothing cooler than a dragon...and I've had that idea for a long time, I didnt draw it just for this thread.

While the miniboss/enemy transformation thing is cool, it sounds a bit overpowered. For example, my dragon Link can't fly like an aeraflos. He can only glide, think Spyro for the ps1. Flying whenever you want without limits would make things too easy. Piece of heart on top of a mountain? Falling rocks everywhere? Why risk life and limb when you can fly...see what I mean?

And what game did he become a giant in?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I gave him a unique form once: Colossus Link by ~Shadsie on deviantART To see it in a game would require a partnership with Sony that is never going to happen, however.

I made him a coyote in one of my fanfictions - the one depicting Hyrule as a vast, wild-west style desert. He got a coyote form - cunning, small, not as "romantic" as the wolf-form but easier to sneak into places and still a tough carnivore.

I think a "Lion-Link" would be cool just because lions are supposed to reprsent courage and majesty. Just think of how many bokoblins he can take out with a big clawed paw!

I wouldn't mind seeing the rabbit-form return. I think it's cute and it could even be explored given a more realistic treatment - a timid, wary rabbit who must learn to be cunning and courageous. The rabbit form can be a speed-bonus, like the bunny hood is in Majora's Mask. If Nintendo got really creative, they could do great things with the bunny-Link.

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
Link should be a hedgehog with hover boots and the power of Chaos Control.

A HEDGEHOG I SAY.

But really, I wouldn't mind FD Link comin' back as a transformation mask, though I've always pictured him as a seperate being from Link himself. In my comics, anyway, that's how it will go.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Wolf Link. This is the only form of Link that I think actually further brought out his innocent, calm, bystander-like personality. The other forms of Link such as the Fierce Deity, Goron, Zora and Deku are all of higher-functioning life forms that know how to talk, have established civilizations and are rather similar to Hylians, humans and Terminians. Link being in the body of a more feral, instinctive being better represented his emotions and just seems to characterize him well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom