• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Birthplace?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
i wasn't born in the NES or SNES generation, so I don't know ALL of Link's history...

But I want to know where Link's actual birthplace. As memory serves, Link was born in some town in Hyrule...it might have been specific...I can't remember...but then he was put into Kokori Village by his mother, and sadly, his mother dies.

But where was Link's ACTUAL birthplace? I'm dying to know!!!

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Isn't this a mystery, a mystery that belongs in zelda mysteries? Well in OoT, I've always thought and still do, that links parents were the queen and king of Hyrule, so in OoT, I think Link was born in Hyrule. In Twilight Princess, I think Link was born in Ordon Village. Even though we don't have any idea of who his parents could be in that game. He grew up in Ordon, so I'm guessing he was born in Ordon. Most of the othe games, I either haven't played enought, don't have, or just don't play 'em much any more.

Well, it is a widely known fact that there are many Links. So there isn't one spot where Link was born. It seems you're specifically talking about the OoT/MM Link here. In that case, well, we really don't know his birthplace. We know he was taken to the Kokiri forest as a very small child, but that's about it. We really don't know much about the birthplace of any of the Links, although it's safe to assume most of them were born in Hyrule (where else, lol).

BoxTar

I'm hoping that Nintendo will finally end this silly guessing game in the next installment (the one after spirit tracks)

D

Dane

I'm hoping that Nintendo will finally end this silly guessing game in the next installment (the one after spirit tracks)
I don't think they will, unless they know that Zelda will have a last game.

And no offence to the Link bloodline, But in every game, Link's mother doesn't exist. In the Wind Waker, It's the Grandma taking care of him.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
In the Wind Waker, It's the Grandma taking care of him.

True, and it's his Uncle in ALttP.

I always just assumed he was born in Hyrule in general, but I never thought of a specific place. I assumed on Outset Island in WW, and in Ordon in TP.

When I was younger, and only LoZ and AoL were released, I assumed he was born in the town at Hyrule Castle. This was mainly because of the cartoon, and how he was more of Zelda's personal bodyguard rather than one of the green-clad people who only comes when it's his time to be the hero.

D

Dane

There is no place for sure, because there are so many different timelines of Link.

Everyone would assume Link lived on Outset in WW, But something really puzzles me. If Link's "mother" died or something, She MUST have brought him to his grandmother. Because as far as we see, there is NO house on Outset that is his known to be his mothers. Therefore, his grandma must have picked him up from his home on another island. Unless of course, Link was born, but his mother left him at his grandma's.

Well, it depends on which game you want to know this about. LoZ and AoL had the same Link, which either never said exactly where he was born. I believe there is a manga out there that takes place through one or both of those games which talks about Link being born in Calatia, and area which is off to the west of Hyrule on the world map from AoL. But mangas can never be considered canon, of course, so those two games are still up in the air. The best actual guess would be Hyrule.

As for the rest of the games,

ALttP - Born in Hyrule, obviously
LA - Same Link as in ALttP, so Hyrule as well
OoT & MM - Born in Hyrule, taken to the Kokiri Forest to grow up
OoX - Hyrule apparently
WW & TP - Same Link, on Outset Island apparently
MC, FS, and FSA - Hyrule apparently
TP - Ordon Village apparently, which is a part of Hyrule

Now many of those I have "apparently" out from "Hyrule", because it has never really been talked about in the games about where he was actually born, but it is apparently Hyrule judging by the fact that Link seems to have not really gone anywhere else in his life. Nothing seems to have ever happend to Link out of the ordinary in ALttP, WW, or TP other than him living with a relative in the same place. Going to Hyrule Castle or any of the other locations in Hyrule is new to Link in these games, so it can be assumed that he has never been out of the locations he begins his journey in.

Last edited:

BoxTar

And no offence to the Link bloodline, But in every game, Link's mother doesn't exist. In the Wind Waker, It's the Grandma taking care of him.
I realize that his mother isn't in the game anywhere, but in the story of OoT, a cutscene told by the Deku Tree tells link that his mother was caught in the middle of a war, and she came to the Kokori Forest. After she came she (supposedly) died. Then, Link believed he was a Kokori.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
The Interesting aspect about this matter is that as there are Multiple Zelda's throughout the franchise. There is also multiple Links. This opens the idea that each Link could be re-born (if that's how you want to put it) in different towns. As we see Link starting each game in a different town or village.

There are many Links. Very few of them have definite information stated about their past.

Twilight Princess Link was likely born in Ordon Village, although it's not proven.

Wind Waker Link was probably born on Outset Island. Nothing else would make much sense.

Minish Cap Link was raised by his uncle in Hyrule Castle Town. It's hard to say if he was born there or not, though.

And OoT Link was raised by the Deku Tree, but his birthplace and past are unknown. Like bellum, I've long suspected that his parents are the King and Queen of Hyrule, so I suspect he was born in Hyrule Castle.

As for other Links... no idea. I don't think the other games ever detailed Link's past or home at all.

Well, the Hero of Time Link was hylian, so i'd say he was probably born in Hyrule Castle Town before or during the wars.

Link, the Hero of Winds was born in Outset Island probably.

TMC Link is never called hylian in the entire game, so all we can say is that he is hyrulean (his uncle is, at least, and he lives with his uncle), so I'd say he is hyrulean too in TMC.

FS/FSA Link and LttP/LA Link are also only said to be hyrulean, as they are never called hylians in any of those games.

In OoX, it is stated that the hero (Link) comes from Hyrule.

As LoZ/AoL Link (I think you were referring to this one, right?), in the Valiant Comics he is said to come from the neighboring kingdom of Calatia. Maybe that is said in the manuals too, but i'm not sure. So LoZ/AoL Link isn't hyrulean (even though his title in those games is Hero of Hyrule :P), but calatian...

EDIT:
Oh, as for TP Link, he was hylian too, unlike the rest of the population of Ordon (ordonians have round ears), so I'd say he comes from Hyrule Castle Town as well...

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
There are many Links. Very few of them have definite information stated about their past.

Twilight Princess Link was likely born in Ordon Village, although it's not proven.

Wind Waker Link was probably born on Outset Island. Nothing else would make much sense.

Minish Cap Link was raised by his uncle in Hyrule Castle Town. It's hard to say if he was born there or not, though.

And OoT Link was raised by the Deku Tree, but his birthplace and past are unknown. Like bellum, I've long suspected that his parents are the King and Queen of Hyrule, so I suspect he was born in Hyrule Castle.

As for other Links... no idea. I don't think the other games ever detailed Link's past or home at all.

With TP Link, i think he isn't born in Ordon at all. And the following reason for that is because of the Manual Prologue.

Now my manual isn't english but this is the translation:
"Link has gained the thrust of the villagers and has become a sort of leader of the children"
"On a day, he want to become the major of the village"

Now I assume that he moved to Ordon. Besides he also doesn't exactly live in Ordon Village but just outside of it.

With OOT, is safe to say that he is born in Hyrule. Because the Deku Tree Sprout explains that to you.

G

Gokou

LoZ/AoL Link - Calatia. Of course the only proof of Calatia's existence outside the comic book is the map showing North and South Hyrule.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
As far as TP!Link being born in Ordon Village... I have to doubt it. Not only does he live right outside the village, but he's also the only Hylian there. I assume that his parents, whoever they were, ended up dropping him off for whatever reason, just as OoT!Link (who's birthplace is also unknown) was dropped off in the Kokiri Forest by his dying mother during a war.

TWW!Link was more than likely born on Outset Island. His grandmother is there, well, being a grandma... she's old. She seems to have lived there for quite a while, so I figure that Link's parents would have lived there, too.

Smertios makes a point when saying that not all Links are referred to as Hylian. However, it just goes without saying. The ears, plus the fact that the Hylians are the chosen people pretty much makes it clear, regardless of whether or not they are Hyrulean.

As far as each individual Link's birthplaces... never given to us. That's part of the whole "Player is Link" thing that Nintendo has going on with the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom