• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Recently I beated again Link's Awakening DX, and something got me wondering: If it is the Wind fish's dream, why is link on it?
And better: Why does everything look like memories of link?
How would have the Wind Fish acknowledge that Link fought Aghanim and Ganon, and how they behave in the battle..? Well, Dehtl knew that...
In my opinion, the Wind Fish is a metaphorical "I am asleep and must wake up" in Link's head...
I hope people don't start goofing around

J

Joey Kazooie

Could this mean that Phantom Hourglass happened before Link's Awakening and the wind fish is one of Link's memories of Oshus? Same goes for the nightmare form of Dehtl, which looks alot like Bellum.

Could this mean that Phantom Hourglass happened before Link's Awakening and the wind fish is one of Link's memories of Oshus? Same goes for the nightmare form of Dehtl, which looks alot like Bellum.

No, LA takes place after AlttP. Also The whole thing was Links Dream, The Wind Fish was like the end of the dream, The Nightmare was all of Links fears, he faced his fears and woke up.

No, I think the Wind fish was real in LA, not just part of Link's dream. It appears at the end of LA, after Link has woken up (I think). I think the Koholint was the Wind Fish's dream, but Link came along and influenced it with his own memory, due to having a lot of empathy or something. So yeah, as for PH relating to LA, I'm not really sure, but LA's Link is not the same as PH's Link, because yes, LA is a direct sequel to ALttP.

Here's what I believe and will always believe because it makes sense. The Wind Fish is a real being, not something Link dreamed up. We find this out at the end of the game when Link sees the Wind Fish flying overhead while floating on the piece of his boat.

The Wind Fish, being put into a seemingly eternal sleep by the Nightmares, pulls Link into his dream of Koholint Island whenever Link is knocked out by the storm. Its like theres the real world, and the dream world, and both Link and the Wind Fish entered the dream world. The Wind Fish, being of some power, was able to bring Link, who he apparently knew or felt was a Hero and able to vanquish the Nightmares, into his dream.

So even though it is mainly the Wind Fish's dream that Link is apart of, dreams, which are what a person thinks while they are asleep, will be influenced by whoever is having them. The Nightmare, taking on the form of Ganon and Agahnim, is part of Link's fears or thoughts.

Hmm...I think perhaps Link went to sleep or became unconcious, and telepathically, somehow, joined- would that be the right word? His mind with the slumbering windfish. But the windfish needed to wake up, and, upon joining with the windfishes unconciousness, he acted, not nessacarily intentionally, as the windfish unconcious, making it, and because there minds were joined, link, wake up. The nightmares, if my above theory is true, Could be a virus or illness that got into The fish while it slept. Link could have been also acting as An anti body, fighting the viruses / nightmares. Like a mental way of fighting an ilness. When he beat the nightmares, the virus as gone, the fish awoke.

Not sure if his makes sense, but it does to me.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i think that it is most plausible that the wind fish was having a nightmare brought on by some higher being (maybe Ganon). the Wind Fish knows of Links adventures in ALTTP and when he feels Link near him he draws him to the island and ultimately in his nightmare. because Link is in the Wind Fishes Nightmare and because the Wind Fish knows of Link, things from Links past start to haunt the nightmare as well. it is all a dream that is indeed real. if you think about it from PH, in the end of the game only Link and Tetra had any knowledge of their adventure during the game and the only reason they know it was a real adventure is because Link has the phantom hourglass with him at the end of the game much like at the end of LA, we know it was a real adventure because we see the Wind Fish at the end when Link wakes up on the drift wood.

i personally think link boat gets destroyed in the storm which knocks link out and starts sleeping well because the wind fish is powerful when he sleeps all who r sleeping around him get pulled into his dreams. of course no normaly does cuz the wind fish sleeps in the middle of the ocean so it just kinda bad luck that puts link there and the person cant leave until the wind fish wakes up sadly for link the nightmare was present so yeah and then the game happens

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i personally think link boat gets destroyed in the storm which knocks link out and starts sleeping well because the wind fish is powerful when he sleeps all who r sleeping around him get pulled into of course no does cuz it sleeps in the middle of the ocean so it just kinda bad luck that puts link there and the person cant leave until the wind fish wakes up sadly for link the nightmare was present so yeah and then the game happens

sounds like a solid idea.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I still think that the Wind Fish either is a metaphoric "I" for Link, or the Ocean King(due to numerous similarities between LA and PH)

R

rinku12

time line

i seriously think links awakening wing waker and phantom hourglass are in the same time period lets see links awakening hes sorounded by water and according to ocarina of time and twilight princess hyrule has no ocean only laki read somewere that link acually dies in the beginging of links awakening and when he has the nightmare of ganon was it a old memory or the future showing link whst his generstions and resurections of link are in for

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Link's awakening is after the Oracle series... in the ending of the series, you see Link going away in a boat similar to the one in LA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom