• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening - Saving on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Driorianos

Okay, this is almost embarrassing to admit, but... Well, I just beat Link's Awakening, and I was totally all okay, reset, lets see how things are... and I realized, I only used that weird 3DS method of saving using the touch screen for the entire game. Literally, my file is at three hearts. What on earth, yeah?

So, I suppose it's not all that big of a deal, though since I saved INSIDE the Wind Fish, it shows up there, and I can't exit. But, I guess what I'm getting at is, is there a way to save to the actual file, not just the feature save? I'm guessing that you can when you die and hit 'save and continue' but hitting all four buttons (or just x and y) brings up that save screen.

It doesn't really bother me all that much, but if I want to start a second game, I won't have all that data, unless I die, and then poof, there goes my non continuance. Has anybody figured something out?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I tried pressing L, R A + B and L, R, Start + select. one of them worked!

They tell you somewhere in the game that you have to press A, B, Start, and Select all at the same time. If you do it right, a screen with the options "continue" and "save and quit" shows up. That's how you would have saved it if you played it on the original GB: however, for some reason it's kind of a pain to do it just right on the 3DS. You have to hit the buttons exactly at the same time, or it will just give you the item screen.

This is how I've been saving it myself, because I don't like using restore points. If you're having too hard a time with it, you can just die: I'm pretty sure you have the option to save when that happens.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I completely have no idea first off because I don't have a 3DS and second off I haven't played that game in so long I forgot over half of the game I only remember the beginning of the game. Sorry but I can't help you one bit but I would take advice from Celeboy if you want to figure it out.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
They mapped the Select button to the Y-button, holding Start, Y, B, and A will bring up the save screen. A lot easier than the actual Select button. I skipped through the screen that says how to make a restore point. I looked online, no one says how, just mentioned the touch screen. But that isn't a restore point. I may have skipped through the screen, but it said that restore points were through the buttons. But from what I heard they're too glitchy anyway, and you're better with the in-game save. You can also just close the game by returning to the home menu, when you come back it'll be back at exactly the point you left.

D

Driorianos

Goodness, that helps a lot. And haha, yes it works! And that also explains why when I was trying to figure things out and the use of all buttons would bring it to the restore screen, as apparently the x+y would bring it up as well as the touch screen.

I suppose then, that the way of thinking should have been, put myself back in the Gameboy, what buttons for "press all to save" would you press? a+b+start+select.

Thank you all. The input about the y as a secondary select also does make things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom