• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the Oracles could be placed after AoL, but you never know. Those games seem like they can fit almost anywhere. But yeah, it seemed Link and Zelda already knew eachother in ALttP...

Wait...maybe the Oracles do place after LoZ and AoL...that would explain why Koume and Kotake are reviving Ganon/dorf (since he was killed by Link in LoZ).

Then to explain why Link and Zelda seem to know eachother in ALttP, we can fit TMC and FSA right before ALttP and LA.
So the Links in those 4 games would be the same...and I think it makes more sense, because if you recall in LA, one of the Windfish Nightmares ressembles Vaati, and the Windfish Nightmares are supposed to be enemies that Link has already fought.

Yeah that makes more sense due to the recent ALttP remake with the secret four sword dungeon. I still dont think TMC can be the first Zelda.

I don't think TMC is the first Zelda either.

But wait...I think we've ran into a problem. If the Split Timeline is true, then LoZ and AoL place in the Adult Timeline, while TMC, FSA, ALttP, and LA place in the Child Timeline...thus it would be impossible for the Oracles to go with TMC, FSA, ALttP, and LA if they come after LoZ and AoL, which are in the other timeline...

EDIT- wait...nvm...I confused my self a little there...

I don't think Zelda knew Link that well in ALttP.

Think about it, Link's uncle also got the telepathic help plea, so perhaps she was sending a cry for help from anyone related to one of the Hylian Knights of old.

If she knew Link that well, she wouldn't say "I am a prisoner in the dungeon of the castle. My name is Zelda."
Arguably, she does address the green-garbed one as Link once he disposes of the Ball and Chain Trooper.

that could easily be seen as he had answered telipathically as well, as it is implied in severla of the zelda games (OoT notably) that he can see things like zelda, maybe speaking back wouldnt be too difficult.

he's gotta speak somhow xp

L

linksocarina

I think that Link's Awakining is a game with no other connections.How could the two games connect?I see no same story.It can't be possible.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I think that Link's Awakining is a game with no other connections.How could the two games connect?I see no same story.It can't be possible.

Err, witch two are you talking about? And if you didn't know... spoiler... the whole story in Link's Awakening was just a dream. So the only thing that is needed to place LA in the timeline is that Link was in another land before... witch he have been several times.

What are you talking about? Links Awakening takes place directly after ALttP, it is proven (try reading a storyline once in your life people!), Im done saying it to all the newbies...its annoying.

Quote:
"Originally Posted by Jirrup
I don't think Zelda knew Link that well in ALttP.

Think about it, Link's uncle also got the telepathic help plea, so perhaps she was sending a cry for help from anyone related to one of the Hylian Knights of old.

If she knew Link that well, she wouldn't say "I am a prisoner in the dungeon of the castle. My name is Zelda."
Arguably, she does address the green-garbed one as Link once he disposes of the Ball and Chain Trooper."

that could easily be seen as he had answered telipathically as well, as it is implied in severla of the zelda games (OoT notably) that he can see things like zelda, maybe speaking back wouldnt be too difficult.

he's gotta speak somhow xp

Lets not forget that link hasnt met Zelda yet in that timeline, Jirrup.
He went back to being a kid at the end of OoT and then MM happoned, So like has no idea who zelda is.

I have played halfway through LA but couldent it be placed anywhere, he is taking a boat by himself, storm, link gets knocked out, LA, link wakes up on driftwood.

Also I Can easly see it being placed right before LoZ, why else would he have gone to hyrule w/o any equips

Last edited:
Lets not forget that link hasnt met Zelda yet in that timeline, Jirrup.
He went back to being a kid at the end of OoT and then MM happoned, So like has no idea who zelda is.

You may need to watch the ending of OoT again. Link goes to the courtyard after he returns to his kid life and meets Zelda. Its the very last scene of the game. Majora's Mask didn't take place as soon as Ocarina of Time ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom