• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening: Original or Remake?

Which version of Link's Awakening is your favorite?

• Link's Awakening for Gameboy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link's Awakening DX for GBC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Played it on Gameboy, and the eShop version on 3DS, and I must say - I like the color version the most.

I haven't played the original version,but the DX version have colors and the color dungeon so I dont see how the original could be better

I prefer the DX version for many reasons. The original was on the Gameboy so the hardware limited it to only black and white. That threw off the mood of the game. Everything else was great though. The DX version could've had better graphics. The Gameboy Color had almost as much power as the SNES, so why didn't they give it A link to the Past type graphics?
So here are the differences between the versions...
1. DX has color
2. DX has 1 new side quest, the photograph one
3. DX has the color dungeon
Another thing in the original that bugged me was the color switches. They were in black and white and you couldn't tell if you raised or lowered certain blocks within the dungeons. I know in Turtle rock i had to go back to the switch so i can get the dungeon item and they were both on opposite sides of the dungeon.

I have never played Links Awaking before, but I've seen videos of both versions so I would have to say the remake.

Really DX added another dungeon, colour, and pictures in which stickers could be printed with old game boy printer. The only thing the original has that dx does not have is the extra ending at the end with marin. You could play dx on original or color game boy too so ya dx is better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom