• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Awakening for the Dsi

bellum

Gamer since age 2
linksawakening.jpg
I've heard from another member that Links Awakening will be released for the Nintendo Dsi Virtual Consle. I hope this is true. What do you think about this?

It definitely should. I expected the DSi to support downloadable Gameboy games anyway, so if it does, it won't be a surprise, but a major plus. I would almost consider getting a DSi if it starts having really good titles, but it will still be a long time before I get one most likely.

This would be an extremely smart move. I've already purchased a DSi, and it's worth its price even without the new download station, bit having games like Link's Awakening, the Oracles, and possibly Minish Cap would be a huge plus to owners of the DS lite that are thinking about purchasing a DSi. Along with that, it'll be great to finally play these old games with a background light. The SP's was okay, but the DSi supports even brighter background light.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I doubt it'll be remade or anything, but I'm sure it'll be available on DSi Shop. In fact, I think that most (if not all) of the handheld titles will eventually be available to DSi owners through the shop.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Is the "Nintendo DSi Virtual Console about downloading"? Makes me wanna cry if it is :cry: I will never be able to download games for neither the DSi nor the Wii, not technical enough. (Is it true that you first must register your Wii before you can start using Virtual Console? Why? How do I find the "registration number"?).

By the way. LA is a good one and everyone who can should get it once they get the chance!

linkman8

True and Noble
Oh yeah, it's probably a good idea. I mean, you can't play it on the DS Lite with the GBA slot, so I suppose the best thing would be to slap it on Virtual Console. It'll add some popularity to the series if they can do that with some other Zelda games too.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I don't have a DSi, but I do have a gameboy and Link's Awakining DX. To tell the truth, I just started playing it again. :P

But that's a smart move on their part. Many people loved the game, and many more people are bound to love it if they get it on DSi.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
There's no Virtual Console retro games yet, but I think it's a natural move. I'm really surprised they didn't announce the retro downloads at E3 this year. Right now, it's only new titles. And there's not that many of them. And they're not very good necessarily...

I never owned a DS system, but I got into the DSi for the main reason that I believed they were heading this way. I wonder though if there's some kind of transition they need to make from the old LCD graphics of the original GameBoy to newer screens.

I'm not a techie in this regard by any means, but original GameBoy titles might be excluded because they relied on the screen's natural green colour for some background elements. So, they may only be able to port over remakes like the colour version, but originals might be unavailable without some tooling around. Just a thought.

(Is it true that you first must register your Wii before you can start using Virtual Console? Why? How do I find the "registration number"?).

Check out http://www.nintendowifi.com/ for more info. There's tutorials and step-by-step walkthroughs. It's not as hard as it seems. I do warn you though, it's highly addicting to get starting in downloading all those retro games. They do come cheap though, roughly $5 to $10 a game, so it's not so bad! :)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That picture was taken probably using the DSi(of course) and a thing called R4i, wich is a flashcart.
Then, they probably uploaded on it the Lameboy(a DS/i flashcart) and dragged an LA DX rom.
But yes, Nintendo should released the "gold" retro Nintendo games on it, mainly because the originals' internal battery eventually dies

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
That picture was taken probably using the DSi(of course) and a thing called R4i, wich is a flashcart.
Then, they probably uploaded on it the Lameboy(a DS/i flashcart) and dragged an LA DX rom.
But yes, Nintendo should released the "gold" retro Nintendo games on it, mainly because the originals' internal battery eventually dies

I think it's just a quick photoshop job actually. If you do a Google image search for "Link's Awakening" the 3rd image that pops up is this exact screen shot. The photo of the DSi looks like one of those promo photography images.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nintendo just loves to suck away all of our money by giving us the same games over and over again. And we just keep buying them...

LoZ has been released, what... VC, Game Boy advance, Collecters Edition on GC. xD

In spite of this.... I would so get this game for my DSi. ;)

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
It'd be fantastic if Nintendo put it for the DSi for some of the younger kids to see how awesome the olds games such as Link's Awakening were. I'd actually even consider getting a DSi if Nintendo put more Zelda games on there too, such as ones I've never played (like the Oracles and Four Swords). Imagine playing Four Swords on WiFi, that'd be amazing.

As for the picture, basement24 is correct. It is the third image to appear for googling "Link's Awakening" on the Google Image Search. So they probably used a picture editing program to put it on a DSi.

Thanks to this post, I have learned more about the DSI.
I still don't have a DSI (mainly because my dad spends to much on electronics and stuff and my mom gets mad), but it's not like I care.
I would really like to see the Oracles on the VC of the DSI though.
THEN maybe I would get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom