• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Best Game Ever?

Very cool to see the second round of games. It will be interesting to see how far along each Zelda title can go before they're outvoted (that is, IF they are outvoted, but I really hope they're not!)

Yeah, this is why I've kept an eye to this, hahah. I want to see how far LoZ games reach. I'm also surprised about PH. Unless I didn't read well xD

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I thought I'd dredge this up since the final round is nigh. I've been following this since it was posted here, and it seems two Zelda games are up against two FF games for the finale.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge09_bracket.html

I'm betting the final will be FF7 vs OoT.

It's good to see that the Zelda series got as far as it did in the polls. It seems they were never outvoted in the first round, which is great!

V

Volvox

Do I think Link's Awakening is the best game ever? No.

Do I respect the people who do? Certainly. I see where they're coming from.

Do I think Link's awakening is fun? I'm in the middle of it right now, it is absolutely amazing.

Do I think there is a such thing as "the best game ever"? No.

Do I think Link's Awakening is among the best games ever? Yes.

I think its great actually, I started it about four days ago, and i'm currently in the middle of Dungeon #3 (Key Cavern?). So far, its amazing. Collecting seashells, killing enemies, and getting "pieces of power"... its great.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I love this game! I don't know if it's my favorite or not. I love the story with the Wind Fish. It's confusing, yet it's fun to read and play about. :P

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I absolutely love LA (so much I've done fan videos) and it easily is in my top 3 for Zelda, but I wouldn't call it the best game ever. I don't really like that category since tastes widely differ, I prefer the category of most influential game ever, since that one usually can't be debated, and there definitely are Zelda games that fall into that category (namely the first one for its technological achievements and OoT for its everything).

But nonetheless it is probably one of the better games out there.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think this thread's more about the poll that GameFAQs is holding and not so much if you honestly think it's the best game ever. Besides, it's already been defeated in the polls. Luckily, other Zelda titles are pulling through!

Thanks for the chart basement, looks like things are going very well for Zelda so far.

There's no way Super Smash Bros Brawl is going to lose to Metal Gear Solid 4. MGS4 was easily the worst of the whole series for me, and I found it just as overrated and over hyped as Halo 3 was (Heh, Halo loses in the second round :)), and it really doesn't deserve to be compared to to Brawl, which I think is THE best multi-player game available right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Twilight Princess lost to Resident Evil, though. RE is a pretty good series, and I think the fourth installment can give Twilight Princess a run for its money.

As for Final Fantasy 7 vs Ocarina of Time, I think we all know which game is superior right there. ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, OoT already won the Best. Game. Ever. award. Looks like I'm a bit late. :P

Even though the Best. Game. Ever Poll is over, I will say that I loved LA as I loved the Oracles, but I got disappointed at the storyline and that the whole game is a dream, it's like in M&L SS where the whole game is really just a movie at Yoshi Theatre. >.<

I really liked this game, but the fact that it was made out to be a dream, in the end? Bleah. I prefered the oracle games- but that was the only reason. If it had ont turned out to be a dream, it would perhaps have been slightly worse thoguh- They couldn't have odne cameo appearances like Kirby in the color dungeon if it was not a dream.

B

Botar

I would say It's the best, if not 2nd best, I just beat it a week ago, the only thing that let me down was that the wind fish looked indonesian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom