• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Best Game Ever?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I'm surprised it's in second place! I thought it would be less than that, but then again, the other games to vote for are not that special. I think it's definitely an underrated game, regardless of the choices here. The story was indeed a great one. I personally would put it at the top of the listout of these 4 titles (but then, I'm not a big FF fan).

LA is an excellent game, and it's still one of my favorite handheld games, but I don't think it's the Best.Game.Ever. I can think of a few games I've enjoyed more, and a few Zelda games that I've liked more too.

As much as I love Link's Awakening, I doubt it can be called the "Best Game Ever", as in all games ever created...ever... LA is in my opinion, one of the best Zelda titles, but it still isn't "the" best Zelda, which already puts games like Wind Waker and Ocarina ahead of it, just in its own series of games. I haven't played the majority of games out there that some may consider the best, such as the Final Fantasy games, just because I'm not real big on vast RPG titles. I find myself very bored with games like that.

So no, LA probably is not the best game ever. Best handheld game ever? That would be much more likely.

Guys, this is a 1992-1994 Best Game Ever!
FF3 & LA are for the next round... LttP as well, so keep those claws sharp, hahah.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
I'm more surprised that Sonic 3 lost to Super Mario Kart. Its a good game, but c'mon, SONIC 3!
Sorry, had to get that out of my system. :D

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I'm more surprised that Sonic 3 lost to Super Mario Kart. Its a good game, but c'mon, SONIC 3!
Sorry, had to get that out of my system. :D

That's because Super Metroid was also on the same poll, and Super Metroid was light years ahead of all the other participants of the thread.
I am not a big fan of Sonic, so, I can really understand.
Please, no more "uh, gamefaqs polls" threads, ok?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Guess I was late cause I couldn´t find LA when I checked the link :( It´s an amazing game but it would be odd to call it the best game ever, that is my opinion. I´m not a very experienced gamer but I can mention a lot of games that are more appealing to me. So you can imagine what I could say if I`d played every single game ever made.

You are right, the match for the Best Game Ever for the 1992 to 1994 already ended.
Does any one of you know what were the final results? :(

Last edited:

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Hm thats interesting. As far as "Best Game Ever", I think it is not, nor the best in the Zelda series (in my opinion although it is amazing). As far as best game ever, I don't think it would fall under it would be top MAYBE top 5-10. It could be the best handheld game ever, but not the best game ever. It is pretty great for a handheld game as well.

I actually find pretty interesting the idea of the votes for the best game ever.
Seems like every week or so they go with some gaps of years and you vote for your favourite of the day.

Check it out!

So far the results Zelda related:

1972-1988
* The Legend of Zelda

1992-1994
* LoZ: A Link To The Past
* LoZ: Link's Awakening

1998-2000
* LoZ: Ocarina of Time
* LoZ: Majora's Mask

Yet To be voted
* LoZ: The Wind Waker (2001-2003)
* LoZ: Twilight Princess (2004-2006)

Now this is not final, there will still be more voting until they come with the ultimate game, i hope one LoZ game gets a good position. :P
So we can still have some fun with this polls GameFAQs are putting on us!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Very cool to see the second round of games. It will be interesting to see how far along each Zelda title can go before they're outvoted (that is, IF they are outvoted, but I really hope they're not!) There's some great contenders up there, so I suppose it will come down to which fan base votes more.

It's too bad that AoL and PH didn't make the cut. I personally have a great love for AoL, but I know it's generally not accepted as a good game just because of it's difficulty and different style. I wouldn't expect PH to make it as such, but I would say it's in the same "good" range as LA is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom