• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Age in Ocarina of Time

W

Whirling Blade

If the game went by medieval society than adult link should be 16 because in medieval times people were considered adults at 16 years of age.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

omega59

You know what I find wierd? If you have the debugger's version of OoT Master Quest (I've got a ROM) the map selection puts Young Link at age 5 and Adult Link at age 17. Tell me their models don't match these ages. I wonder why they took away 5 years from the age difference anyway...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I could've sworn I saw somewhere that child Link is 10 making adult link 17. But clearly, everyone has their own idea of his age.

Nintendo should really get on that...

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
I believe Link is 14. Yes 14.

The reason is because Kokiri gropw until 7 years....so if Link (who was not a Kokiri) was 10 or 11 (or any ohter number greater than 7) he would be bigger than all kids. And also wouldnt make sense that the deku tree didnt tell Link what was going on until he was about to find the hard way (growing up without knowing).

He was locked 7 years so 7+7= 14 :P

Where does it say this? I've always assumed that Kokiri are forest spirits that can choose their form. ie Koroks and i've seen some theories that also say that Kikwis and monkeys from MM and TP are Kokiri forms. BTW I haven't played MM or TP yet so don't quote me, and I think Oot Link is 10-17.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Iwata Asks

Miyamoto said:
When we decided to handle Link growing up from a 9-year-old child to a more mature 16-year-old, I wanted lots of characters to fulfill various roles.

There you go. Young Link is nine, adult Link is sixteen.

However, when describing Toon Link in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl guide, this is what it says:

His green clothes were worn on his 12th birthday and are the lucky outfit of the hero of legend.

In TWW, Link wears the hero's clothes because he is supposedly the same age as the Hero of Time. That's why I'd always assumed he was twelve before. Even so, I'd take a quote from Miyamoto over a guide for a different franchise any day. Besides, legends can be obscured over time, which might be the reason for the incorrect age of TWW Link.

Case closed! Yay!

Ten and seventeen. I assume they call him "Adult Link" not because he's over eighteen, but because it's easier than saying "the Link that is now seven years older, yet still an adolescent". Fits better on a trading card, doncha think?

18 isnt the legal/adult age everywhere though, some places are 16+

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
When he's adult Link I usually think of him around the age of 17 or 18 so I woild say as a kid he is about 10 or 11 but am not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom