• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Age in Ocarina of Time

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Ten and seventeen. I assume they call him "Adult Link" not because he's over eighteen, but because it's easier than saying "the Link that is now seven years older, yet still an adolescent". Fits better on a trading card, doncha think?

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I like to think that he is older than 9 in OoT but it seems to me to be the most believable. I would much rather believe 11.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I always thought it was 10 & 17. He looks 10 as kid Link, and then seven years pass, and it would be 17. I'm not sure it really matters though, whatever helps you with having a good experience with the game pretty much works. ^^

I have always thought that Link was 10 as young Link and 17 as adult Link. I think Wind Waker Link is about the same age, maybe 11 or 12.

I always figured he was 10, making him 17 as an "adult".
LoZ obviously doesn't take place in modern times, and the age that defines "adult" could be different.
But 17/18 soulds about right, so I always assumed about 10 for his childhood age. 12 just seems too old...

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I've always looked at Link being 11, cause if he turned 18 it made more sense to me since that's the age of an adult.

R

Rethromil

I remember when the game came out in 1998 and i believe that they told us that link was 10 and 17 in the game.

wasn't there an official statement about his age?

Yes, there is an official statement. I posted it earlier in this thread, but here it is again:

Link's age in Ocarina of Time has actually been confirmed by Miyamoto in a recent interview with Satoru Iwata. This is what Miyamoto said in the interview: "Link growing up from a 9-year-old child to a more mature 16-year-old". The interview also mentions Link's age in the original Zelda game and in Zelda 2. Here is the link to the interview: Iwata Asks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom