• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Age in Ocarina of Time

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I personally believe that Young Link is 10 years old and Adult Link is 17 years old.

For some reason, I remember that's what I read in a Nintendo magazine many years ago, but I could be wrong.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I always thought he was 10 and then 17 as an adult. He seems younger but he is also the same age as Malon and Zelda and they seem around 10.

EDIT: I only just realised that Link completely skipped puberty... What a smart kid :3

Last edited:
I thought a Nintendo guide or whatever said he's 10 as a kid, and 17 when he's grown up?

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
i think as a child he was 8 or 9. i think he was kept in the temple of time for seven years so his body and soul could mature enough to be able to properly handle the blades power, not become an adult.

I have always thought that he was 10 and then 17 after. That's what I have been going off of.

I believe he is 10 as a child, and 17 as an adult, even though he is not an adult at this age. He is slightly older in Majora's Mask. I'd guess around 13.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
If it is called "adult link" then that means he is over 18. Unless Hyrule has a different age for becoming an adult. I doubt that Link is 20 or older as adult Link. So young link is probably about 11 or 12. Based on the voice acting, he sounds exactly like my younger brother's friend. Who is 12.

Link's age in Ocarina of Time has actually been confirmed by Miyamoto in a recent interview with Satoru Iwata. This is what Miyamoto said in the interview: "When we decided to handle Link growing up from a 9-year-old child to a more mature 16-year-old". The interview also mentions Link's age in the original Zelda game and in Zelda 2. Here is the link to the interview: Iwata Asks.

If it is called "adult link" then that means he is over 18. Unless Hyrule has a different age for becoming an adult. I doubt that Link is 20 or older as adult Link. So young link is probably about 11 or 12. Based on the voice acting, he sounds exactly like my younger brother's friend. Who is 12.

There were times in the past were one could already be married and have kids by his 18th birthday. Zelda seems to take a lot of it's inspiration from medieval times, which had a lot different standards for being an adult then now.

Link's age in Ocarina of Time has actually been confirmed by Miyamoto in a recent interview with Satoru Iwata. This is what Miyamoto said in the interview: "When we decided to handle Link growing up from a 9-year-old child to a more mature 16-year-old". The interview also mentions Link's age in the original Zelda game and in Zelda 2. Here is the link to the interview: Iwata Asks.

Thanks for that. Cures my curiosity. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom