• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

LinkDescendant's Timeline Theory

L

LinkDescendant

From everything that I've gathered so far I have come up with this opinion on the storyline of what OoT tried to show and didn't by just minor flaws:

The Forest Temple was originally the Temple Of Light. After many years it was abandoned and the Sages created the new Temple in a realm only accessible through the Temple Of Time. Ganon(dorf) in his search for the Triforce led him to the "Forest Temple" which he thought was still the Temple of Light. There he found nothing to special but left Phantom Ganon there just in case. Since the original Temple of Light had become the Forest Temple he went to the Deku Tree to try to at least get the spiritual stone and failed. After that he had no choice but to search every temple. After searching and finding nothing in all of the temples and failing in getting the spiritual stones for the Temple Of Time, he had no choice but to wait. Link now equipped with all three stones goes to the Temple Of Time only allowing access for Ganon. Then from here basically the rest of the game. Then because Ganon can never truly "die" he becomes a mere spirit. then in the time line that goes into TP he finds Zant who helps him come back into being. Then follows the TP story. Meanwhile in the other time line (MM) as a kid, link is looking for Zelda when in Termina he stumbles upon Majora's Mask and lskjdhlkjsd happens there. Whew, well that's it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good, but I think Nintendo's main objective was just to give a back story to the series. See I've heard that the Forest Temple was the Temple of Light, but one thing is for certain is that the Water Temple's design is that of what the Temple of Light was originally meant to be, proven by hacking the game in itself to find leftover Temple of Light data in the Water Temple (plus the fact its leveled with the Triforce symbols and you fight Dark Link as a mini boss, I'd say he is a pretty damn important character just to be a mini boss in a random temple when his last appearance was in AoL as the final boss.

L

LinkDescendant

Wow, I hadn't known about the Water Temple originally being the Temple of Light. I wish they were able to make the full game that they were wanting to make, it would definitely be the best Zelda Game. Oh and as for Dark Link, I see what your talking about. I mean going from being the last boss in Adventure of Link, to being a Mini Boss in one of the many Temples. By the way what data was left over in the water temple?? I'd like to get to where I know the whole story behind what OoT was originally planned to be.

Well the proof itself would be way too complicated for one to comprehend that doesnt understand any sort of programming. But physical proof is the temple itself. If you wish to find in game proof, learn how to hack roms.

This is interesting, but I have one question. If the Forest Temple was supposidly the Temple of Light, then why do we have a Light Sage and a Forest Sage in OoT?

Well in beta OoT, Im guessing the Deku Tree was the original Forest Temple seeing how Link already had the Forest Medallion when playing it and he was also an adult.

M

Mr. Guffey

Non existent time line is non existent.

Nintendo keeps making Zelda games with different stories. Sometimes something is here or there, and sometimes it isn't. That's your only basis for finding a time line, when there isn't one..

Non existent time line is non existent.

Nintendo keeps making Zelda games with different stories. Sometimes something is here or there, and sometimes it isn't. That's your only basis for finding a time line, when there isn't one..
Nintendo (or rather, Ejji Aonuma) has confirmed the existence of a timeline.

It was never confirmed, but it was mentioned. And it was from Aonuma, but I dont trust what he says since he didnt even start working with Miyamoto on Zelda until Ocarina of Time. But he did mention the split timeline which is the one that makes the most sense. I dont see how anything is falling into place, if anything its getting worse with eveyr new Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom