• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I have quite a few questions concerning the main character, Link, and his past. Hopefully someone can answer them for me.

• Why was Link entrusted by King Rhoam as Zelda's personal knight?
  • Why doesn't Link speak?
  • Why does Revali have a rivalry with Link?
  • Do any of the female characters (Zelda, Mipha, Riju) have a crush on Link?
  • Did Link and Zelda have a relationship?
  • Is Link a descendant of the Sheikah race?
  • Did Zelda put Link to sleep for 100 years, or did she just wake him when she needed him?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I know some of your answers
Why doesn't Link speak?
Says in Zelda's diary somewhere that he took a vow of silence
Why does Revali have a rivalry with Link?
That's just his personality, and he's jealous of Link being higher ranked
Do any of the female characters (Zelda, Mipha, Riju) have a crush on Link?
Pretty sure Mipha does
Did Zelda put Link to sleep for 100 years, or did she just wake him when she needed him?
I think you need to do more memory hunting

I know some of your answers

Says in Zelda's diary somewhere that he took a vow of silence

That's just his personality, and he's jealous of Link being higher ranked

Pretty sure Mipha does

I think you need to do more memory hunting
Thank you for the reply. While I have been playing the game for quite a few weeks now, I am interested to learn more about Link's backstory. I'll do some researching to see if I can find answers for the rest of my questions.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Thank you for the reply. While I have been playing the game for quite a few weeks now, I am interested to learn more about Link's backstory. I'll do some researching to see if I can find answers for the rest of my questions.
Finding memories is your best bet, as well as reading the different diaries you can find in Hyrule Castle. There's answesrs to all your questions out there in the game, I just gave you ones I was able to think of off the top of my head.

Finding memories is your best bet, as well as reading the different diaries you can find in Hyrule Castle. There's answesrs to all your questions out there in the game, I just gave you ones I was able to think of off the top of my head.
I have located 5 of the 12 captured memories so far, including one near the Kara Kara Bazaar . The only one of my questions they (partly) answered was if Link and Zelda had a relationship. It seems like they did, although of course not an intimate one.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I have located 5 of the 12 captured memories so far, including one near the Kara Kara Bazaar . The only one of my questions they (partly) answered was if Link and Zelda had a relationship. It seems like they did, although of course not an intimate one.
Have you done the Van Medoh quest yet? That'll give you more insight on Revali. And your last question is answered mainly in the last memory which you can only find after finding all the others and reporting to Impa.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I have quite a few questions concerning the main character, Link, and his past. Hopefully someone can answer them for me.

• Why was Link entrusted by King Rhoam as Zelda's personal knight?
  • Why doesn't Link speak?
  • Why does Revali have a rivalry with Link?
  • Do any of the female characters (Zelda, Mipha, Riju) have a crush on Link?
  • Did Link and Zelda have a relationship?
  • Is Link a descendant of the Sheikah race?
  • Did Zelda put Link to sleep for 100 years, or did she just wake him when she needed him?
To answer your question:
1) He showed up on time and said yes.
2) He lacks the brain cell. Breathing and talking at the same time is hard.
3) Revali's a ****.
5) Mipha seems be attracted to Link's vacant stares and Link doesn't even seem to know her name.
6) They are implied to be friends. Zelda likes to bring up how Link apparently gives great advice off screen when the viewer can't hear it.
7) No.
8) Link was beat to near death by Ganon The injuries were implied to be so severe that the regeneration chamber took one hundred years to put him back together as best it could, and its best wasn't able to restore his mind. Even by the end of the game Link isn't really remembering things the way you might recall a memory. He only ever sees the memories of a now dead version of himself from the outside.

Last edited:
To answer your question:
1) He showed up on time and said yes.
2) He lacks the brain cell. Breathing and talking at the same time is hard.
3) Revali's a ****.
5) Mipha seems be attracted to Link's vacant stares and Link doesn't even seem to know her name.
6) They are implied to be friends. Zelda likes to bring up how Link apparently gives great advice off screen when the viewer can't hear it.
7) No.
8) Link was beat to near death by Ganon The injuries were implied to be so severe that the regeneration chamber took one hundred years to put him back together as best it could, and its best wasn't able to restore his mind. Even by the end of the game Link isn't really remembering things the way you might recall a memory. He only ever sees the memories of a now dead version of himself from the outside.
Thank you. Another question I just got: Was Link able to speak before he got beaten by Ganon? Or did he never speak at all?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
To answer your first question, the Champion's Ballad DLC says in a diary that Link deflected a Guardian's laser with a pot lid, protecting Princess Zelda, and the king appointed him as Zelda's personal knight.

So that's why. He saved Zelda, thus was a good enough knight to protect royalty, which, in Medieval Times was one of the highest honors.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
The usual way then chu!!
Links a guy he cant do the multitasking of walking breathing and talking so hes just silent... :P

Something else I just thought of: Maybe Link and Zelda can communicate cognically/telepathically to each other?

I mean it's very possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom