• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Link Will Be Link

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur

We won't be able to change Link's name. This is an interesting change as it is Nintendo solidifying the idea that link is his own character and at this point not purely a blank slate. Personally I like this.
What do you guys think of this?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link has never been a real blank slate but that's okay, dab, I'mf ine with this change. I can smell the butthurt over LINK, Right handed, and more though. dab dan dab

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I kind of expected this when I found out about the voice acting. They can't possibly have a line prepared for every possible name.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'm kind of saddened by this. It was so much fun naming link something inappropriate just because of the added humor when his name gets used, though it was usually later playthroughs that I'd do it. I typically used my name or a variation of it during a first playthrough just so that I would be part of the story. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to play as myself in the game.

Though, Link has been his own man for a while now, so it makes sense in its own way.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Link has always been a character and even more so in recent times. I have no problem not being able to name him, especially so since the reason they have had to do this is almost certainly due to the inclusion of voice acting. Voice acting is something I have wanted for so long and is something that will increase immersion and bring the story telling up to a greater level than ever, therefore it is a small price to pay not being able to name Link.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I never named Link anything other than Link, so it doesn't really matter to me. I was never against being able to name your save file though, I'm sure we'll still be able to do that. But Link is Link. He has always been Link. He has always been a character to me, never a blank slate. He always dressed the same, looked the same, sounded the same. Now finally, that all comes together.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I am OK with this decision. I usually named my character Link, but recently have been having more fun with coming up with unique names for different incarnations of the green guy. That is just a hobby, though, so I'm OK with this game not having that option. Especially considering the difficulty the voice actors would have with unique names for every hero. Link deserves a game where everybody gets to know his real name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom