• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link will always be protagonist in main series- Sheik game discussed

Want the Sheik game to come out?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We clearly talked with the team to make a game centered about Sheik, so I cannot say it is impossible to see something of the sort in the future, but in the classic games in the series, Link is the hero and that will not change. For the rest, you have to be patient and see what happens! — Shigeru Miyamoto

So Miyamoto let on that a Sheik game was discussed and he didn't say there wouldn't be one released. I personally would like to see a Sheik game. It could be interesting playing as a ninja character in Hyrule. HW really got me thinking about playing as other Zelda characters and I thought Impa would be a good one for a game, but I'd totally be up for one playing as Sheik in a game designed around her.

He also said Link would always be the protagonist in the classic games. Link being a male character we can pretty much rest assured we will not have to endure a female link and that it is the traditional link he speaks of.

What do you think of a Sheik game. Want to see it? And what mechanics do you think would be good in such a title?

It really makes me wonder why a Sheik game, likely one with a clear placement in the timeline, wouldn't be considered a mainline Zelda game.

I could imagine a Metroid Fusionesque game involving sneaking around, finding upgrades, and avoiding things like Gerudo ninja or assassins sent by Ganondorf or something that play a similar role to the SA-X

D

Deleted member 81859

It would be a fantastic spinoff. I'd be a good release in-between main titles.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom