• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Vs. Cloud

Link. Judging by the size of Cloud's blade, in a real time battle (which we never witness Cloud in) he must be awful slow, and Link is ninja fast, and also he's Link, so yeah, insta-win. Plus, Link has much more tricks up his sleeve. He could end cloud in a real battle. If we're talking about an unreal FF, turn based battle, then Cloud has the advantage, but that's just silly.

Last edited:
Cloud. Knights of the round, link doesn't have a hope in the world

cloud also has materia, and summons like knights of the round, which could EASILY destroy link in a heartbeat. After link is stunned, he could go in for the kill. and there have been several real-time games with cloud in them, like dissdia final fanatsy and a fighting game i cant remember the name of. Cloud would destroy link 99/100 times.

I would think Link... I have played much on the lines of FF however I do know that FF is a turn based games... and I think that (no problem with turned basica games, I love them), turn based games don't take as much skills to do ( in general) there are of course just a different way of battling... one including leveling up in the game however the other is leveling up (I guess you can put it) of the player, where the player has to get better and better or else they would do poorly in the long run... :D

Link. Equip Hawkeye and Bow and Arrow and then shoot from a distance. Or he could use the Magic Cape and sneak attack him. Or he could transport them to the dark world and since only Link has the Moon pearl, Cloud would be changed into a defenseless creature and Link would easily win.
You guys are just forgetting all of Link's awesomeness.

Cloud seriously has like no defenses beyond cure. Link has defense and offense through all his tools and arsenal, link would also be much faster then cloud.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Cloud; if he can wield that Buster Sword with ease...and he's playing fair sword on sword, it's easily Cloud-favored.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Ok first off, to those saying Cloud is SOILDER (spoiler alert) He isn't actually SOILDER. He thinks he is and did end up genetically altered like SOILDER ops, but he isn't actually SOILDER. The reason he thinks he is, us because he possesses the memories of Zack Fair along with his own. It's why he falls in love with Aerith instantly when he sees her. Zack was in love with her.

Now that said, who would win in a sword fight. I think this would assume they can't use any additional items yes? But I think link would be granted his shield. Although it might not help. Cloud would just have the normal old buster blade, not the ultimate version of it. They can't use any healing abilities or magic, no summons, just straight fighting. In this situation, I say it's probably like Link fighting an OP Iron Knuckle. Op because of the blade, and he gets some extra speed. I honestly think the fight would be close but it would end up with Cloud on top

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I think it would be Cloud. Link is strong, he's the hero of time, but he has no formal sword training. Not only that but his sword is about 5 feet shorter than Cloud's:lol:

Meanwhile cloud has the buster blade and a very good amount of training in SOLDIER. He took down Sephiroth, the man with the freaking huge 10 foot katana.

Cloud would win easily. Sorry Link.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I think it would be Cloud. Link is strong, he's the hero of time, but he has no formal sword training. Not only that but his sword is about 5 feet shorter than Cloud's:lol:

Meanwhile cloud has the buster blade and a very good amount of training in SOLDIER. He took down Sephiroth, the man with the freaking huge 10 foot katana.

Cloud would win easily. Sorry Link.

He wasn't ever in SOILDER. I explained this in my post above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom