• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Vs. Cloud

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Yea probably Cloud he's had some training in SOLIDER so I expect he can completely decimate a boy from the woods or a skyloft knight initiate

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
Sorry but cloud would win this fight, he can use magic spells and he can do crazy amounts of damage with his level 4 break limits.

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
Final Smash from Brawl is somewhat similar to Cloud's OMNI-Slash. It's a tough one. Link battles in real time while Cloud has to wait on the ATB.

Cloud would definitely beat Link. No offense to Link, but Cloud at level 99 equipped with the Ultima weapon and no materia, using Omni-slash (a combination that can take out nearly 75% of Safer Sephiroth's health) would easily win. Like, no contest. Then again, there is no way to accurately gauge Link's strength versus Cloud's... Still, if Cloud's strength in Advent Children is fair play as a reference point, I think it makes it pretty obvious that he has the edge. I mean, the last fight in that movie against Sephiroth had Cloud jumping off the sides of buildings like some sort of Frenchmen, so yeah.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
If they both had their complete inventory from all the games it would be a very balanced match. However I'm pretty sure Link would destroy Cloud, with no Help either.

Link has Light/Fire/Ice arrows. The Spin Attack, He has the Biggoron sword/master sword/Great Fairy Sword, the Triforce Final Smash, the Zora/Deku/Goron/Fierce Deity masks, He has Dins fire, the mirror shield. Whatever Cloud throws at him Link would find a way to counter it, watch.

If they both had their complete inventory from all the games it would be a very balanced match. However I'm pretty sure Link would destroy Cloud, with no Help either.

Link has Light/Fire/Ice arrows. He has the Biggoron sword, the Triforce Final Smash, the Zora/Deku/Goron/Fierce Deity masks, He has Dins fire, the mirror shield. Whatever Cloud throws at him Link would find a way to counter it, watch.

SWORD fight.

It's apples vs. oranges really. At first blush I'd say Cloud, but Link has some items at his disposal that have no equal in the FF7 universe. Nayru's Love, Cane of Byrna, Magic Cape, etc. Also, while Cloud is clearly powerful (in the same league as Sephiroth, who could summon a meteor to critically damage the planet), the Zelda universe is not without similar foes (like Skull Kid + Majora's Mask who summoned the moon to destroy the world) who were bested by Link. I'd say they're both the most powerful protagonists in their respective universes, but like most fictional characters in separate fictional universes, there's just no way to conclusively compare them. (Goku vs. Superman anyone?)

In a sword fight, I would have to go with Cloud since his Buster Sword is superior, plus I believe his sword weighs 500 pounds (or something like that) so he is strong as hell. He is also a soldier so he is very experienced in combat. But if both of them were able to use all of their items, weapons, powers, ect, then I would have to go with Link since he has a truckload of items and weapons that can defeat Cloud. Link could just use the Fierce Deity Mask and the battle will be over. I like Link more so I still hope Link does win in a sword fight, but I like Cloud too. It would be pretty cool to see these two fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom