• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link....Using Guns???

• Thread starter zeldamasterswor
  • Start date
Z

zeldamasterswor

Why doesn't Link ever find a gun at a temple? Wouldn't it make his quests loads easier? The long range of the arrows...the power of the Ball and Chain...so on.

But then there is the problem of Zelda going all Resident Evil 4 on us.:sick:

So is my idea stupid or not? If it is good, say why. If it is bad, say why. Discuss

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Yes, it is a bad idea. Zelda has a low technological and highly magical theme. Except for the Adult Timeline where Hyrule was flooded and they had to develop more technology to survive, and also Majora's Mask but that game didn't take place in Hyrule.
No, a gun would not make the quest any easier. To defeat Ganon, or whoever the villian is, you need a magical item such as light arrows or the Master Sword. Arrows, bombs, etc. would be just as effective if not more effective on normal enemies than a gun. Also, a gun from the Middle ages is not as powerful as a modern gun.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I have to say this is the worst idea ever if I want a gun game I'll go play COD, but if I want a adventure game with magic I play Loz. Link with a gun would just not fit into the game at all. The closest thing Link will ever have to a gun is the Hookshot.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Simply because Zelda is not the kinda game to use a gun. It would change the whole game if there would be guns used. I'm glad the way it is now. A Zelda game with guns isn't a real zelda game for me. It would be the same if Mario would have guns. This doesn't fit at all.

Zelda has alwayes been family oriented. The only way they could have it is if they put ZSS in the T-rated area like TP, which I doubt. China created the gunpowder in the middle ages, but that does not apply to zelda because they made their bombs by studeing the Bomb Flower, not gun powder.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
I think trains, and steamboats were already pushing it, but then again I think guns came into existence around the same as or a little earlier than trains. I still think it would be a bad idea since it would be too modern. Even with gun powder, but the funny thing is if you've played Majora's Mask, in Ikana Canyon there are these monsters that have the same shading and all as Gorons, but if you hit them a weapon they explode, and when you talk to Tatl about them she says that they smell like gun powder. How can she know what gun powder was if there isn't any guns in the game.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
For the short answer no. The long answer is no it would make less people play it and besides yes there are bombs but guns would make it to easy. So no I never want to see one in a Zelda game and like Toon_Link said they were pushing it with Trains and Steamboats and torpedoes.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
Termina has Gun Powder, Hyrule may not. Termina even has powder keg. And do you mean those creepy neuiron things? (Can not remember their names. Please do not post a picture....)
That's true, but isn't Termina alternate Hyrule? So it wouldn't make much sense if one dimension was way ahead of the other technologically.

That's true, but isn't Termina alternate Hyrule? So it wouldn't make much sense if one dimension was way ahead of the other technologically.
No, termina is seperate to that of hyule. That is confirmed. But termina being a oppisite hyrule with terminian couterparts is fan fiction. When will people realise they were to lazy to make new NPCs and that the what they were talking about in the quote was only Skull kid and Link!!!!!!!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
No.

Some types of tech are okay if done well but definately absolutely positively no guns. If you give Link a modern gun, everything becomes way too easy to kill and most importantly, it would completely lose that Middle Ages, sword and shield, knight in shining armor feel.

If you give Link a circa 18th century gun (you know, muskets, the kind they used in the Revolutionary War and other wars around that time), then it would become far too inconvenient to have as opposed to the Bow and Arrow, not to mention it still completely kills the Middle Ages feel of Zelda.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
I will say this (and probaly get so much lip for it, but) I think someone somewhere else, or possibly a branch of the zelda staff, could make a LoZ that's all futuristic and has guns. I would like so see link with a gun, but not in a hard core, dead set 'oh this legend of zelda has EVERYTHING to do with the plotline' game

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Guns might ruin the "resonances-like" theme of Zelda, since guns were made in the 1700s. (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been to school in 2 months) But there are bombs, which have gun powder. I'm not to keen on the whole "guns idea," but there it would kind of make sense if there were guns, but one, that would up the rating to T or maybe M, due to the violence and two, Legend of Zelda isn't a Call of Duty game, just as long as Nintendo doesn't make it to "graphic" and violent or just give Link a machine gun or something, (Yes, I'm asking for those guns that reloading takes about a minute, since that would still sort of fit the theme of Zelda) I guess I'm okay with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom