• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Link to the Past Remake

Crayk

The invisible crab
Sigh.. I never played the games like that on a REAL console... I only have a NDS Lite and 3DS so I'm waiting for new Zelda titles for the consoles I have.

M

moep0r

I've played the GameBoy Advance version of A Link to the Past, and I found the controls actually very smooth to play, even on my DS, with "R" being the action button (boots, pick up objects, etc.), "L" being the map, "A" being the secondary weapon of choice, and "B" being the sword.

I just played it a few minutes on my GBA to check if it works (I bought a used copy from ebay), maybe I can get into the controls after some time.

S

ShinyFlitwick

Yes, for the people, like me, who never played the original.

Why would you want to remake A Link to the Past, though? What could possibly be improved and what could possibly need changing on that game? Particularly, what could you change that wouldn't redefine the game and make it not even the same game anymore? A Link to the Past is one of the most pointless games in the series to remake, because there's absolutely no reason to and arguably no real benefit to doing so. Porting it makes sense, but actually remaking it?

Yes, I would LOVE to see a remake of A Link to the Past. In my opinion it is still the best Zelda game in the series, so a remake would do wonders for it and introduce it to newer Zelda fans.

As much as I love Majora's Mask, I would much rather see A Link to the Past 3D instead of Majora's Mask 3D

Why would you want to remake A Link to the Past, though? What could possibly be improved and what could possibly need changing on that game? Particularly, what could you change that wouldn't redefine the game and make it not even the same game anymore? A Link to the Past is one of the most pointless games in the series to remake, because there's absolutely no reason to and arguably no real benefit to doing so. Porting it makes sense, but actually remaking it?

I agree that the original version still holds up well today, but you could still add some new things to it to improve it. A complete remake is not necessary, but you can add things that were introduced in the Zelda series after ALttP, like different music in different dungeons.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
With talk of ALttP3D, I would say that the game could be remade into 3 Dimensions. That's what "remake" means, to make something again. Of course things are going to be different, otherwise you're looking for "port".

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
Quoting Andy Scott from The Gossip Stone

"Yo, A Link to the Past, man. I remember when that game came out! God I love that game, I'd love to play that game again, dude!"

Except I've never beat it and it came out before I was born. Currently working on it on my Wii Virtual Console though. :D

Alright guys...let's get ALttP to 3DS...commence...OPERATION DEAD UNCLE!

are we talking like a direct port like for the e shop if so i would if a whole redone thing i would be not so thrilled with the idea

S

SlurpeeTigger

I would love to see a remake, but not just a port, I would love to see this in a 3-d enviorment.....more of a challenge, a 3rd person view instead of a overhead view....that would make it more challenging.

The remake should be like the GBA version and include Four Swords Anniversary Edition, if not a remake of that as well.

I have heard rumors of not a Link to the Past remake, but a game based off of it. I do not know if they mean based off the storyline, gameplay, or what, but that it what has been said. An exciting premise, I think. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom