• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Link to the Past Death Count

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Oh my, I can't remember exactly how many times it was that I died on ALttP when I first beat it on the SNES. I want to say that it was around or close to 100. Maybe even more than that. I know on the second time I beat it on the GBA it was around 20 or 30 times. Shows that I've gotten considerably better at beating it than I did the first time around.

I want to say it was somewhere around 30 or 40. Most of those probably came from Moldorm and/or Trinnexx, those were two of the hardest bosses I've ever faced in my life.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A good 78 deaths first run. Then 50. Afterwards, 38. Next run, a good 20 by endgame, but I was trying to kill myself in funny ways, so that totaled to 30 deaths. I'd say 20 is my best so far.

I have beaten the game a few times... I did not keep my newer files, but my first file in any game is always a keeper. I have it at 100% completion and that is where all my experimenting was... So I am laughing to say that I had *goes to double check* ....535 deaths. Woot woot! :P That means I win! So, yeah... in one of my newer files, I think I recall having only 37? Most of my deaths were in Misery Mire and Turtle Rock. Good times... ^^

Last edited:

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
None of you have had it as bad as me:
Death Count: *drum roll*...................... 361.

Yeah, Turtle Rock hated me.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Mine was pretty bad the first time.

I got 96. I guess it's okay. I guarantee over half of those were against Mothula. And then another quarter was in the Swamp Dungeon. Then they were all spread out in the Dark World dungeons. and Ganon.

Kirino

Tatakae
I had 69.(lol)LTTP wasn't as hard to me as to most people.I found the original LOZ way harder,being only halfway through the game and having 155.And TwilightMaster7:It shows you once you beat the game at the end of the credits.Refight Ganon and beat him so you can see your death count.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
When I was young I would start a new game if I couldn't figure out a puzzle, so on my way to getting back up to it I could think it out. This was never very effective though, as I usually had to have the puzzle environment at my disposal to successfully figure it out. I eventually stopped doing that once I got past the ice palace, and decided to just keep going and finish.

When I actually beat it my file I think it said 35 or 39, I can't really remember exactly. However in all honesty it was probably about a hundred more than that count. I played it was I was very little, and that coupled with it being such a hard game resulted in many, many deaths. Poor Link. :(

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I really don't remember.. that was very long ago. ALTTP remains my all-time favorite game ever, mostly because I played it all the time as a kid. I first beat it when I was 9 after literally years of trial-and-error/wandering around. I got stuck at Turtle Rock for a few months and I remember actually calling the NP Hotline for help. Useless lol. It might be a long shot but do you guys own this game CIB? In the box was a black hint-book that gave you tips on how to get past some of the harder puzzles. I had that book and ended up LOSING it >.< if I would have had it I could have saved myself days of dying over and over again.

It's possible that my death count was up to 999, but I'll never know because my original file no longer exists :(. I have done no-death runs of the game though.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Aye, I got A Link to the Past on my GameBoy Advance, so I could pretty much carry it around anywhere. This was my second 2D title, the first being Legend of Zelda, which I own on the Wii's Virtual Console. Before I tell you my A Link to the Past death count, my death count in Legend of Zelda is quite high, and I'm not even done with the game yet. I have (in Legend of Zelda) all hearts, the white sword, a red potion, the magic shield, and the blue ring, yet I'm stuck on level 9 (Death Mountain Labyrinth) with a death count of 203.

Now, as for A Link to the Past, I don't have all hearts, yet I've got all bottles (4 because it's the GBA version), golden sword, mirror shield, and just about every item in that game besides heart containers, yet I have the glorious death count of *drum roll* 145. There were some hard bosses, a few puzzles that required you to exploit the game (Such as using the position you place yourself in before you do the spin attack position to avoid getting shot at), which took some time. I think on my first run, I screwed up in the water palace and had to restart because I let the river run before I could grab a key.

So, to give you a good idea as to how much I suck at the 3D titles, my death count in my first run of Ocarina of Time, which was my first Zelda, was 8.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I honestly don't worry about the fact of death count in A Link to the Past, maybe cause I die a lot, because I use death as a warp back to the map or the beginning of the dungeon. I know the mirror works for dungeons beginning but oh well. You can die so easily in the game, that you'll always have a high death count. Especially when normal enemies are taking two to three hearts off of you with each hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom