• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Link, the Hero of Time, is directly responsible for Ganondorf getting the Triforce of Power in the Child Timeline.

I've posted this elsewhere, but it would take too long to reformat it, so I'll keep this short by just listing the points here.

1: Child Timeline portion of OoT (end credits where he goes to tell child Zelda of what would have happened), clearly shows Link has the Triforce of Courage. But the Master Sword was never removed, so the Sacred Realm is still sealed, along with the Triforce of Wisdom and Power.

2: While not perfect, since for some reason, TP switched Zora's Domain (there is a section that is clearly from OoT's Zora's Domain, so we know it is the same one) and Death Mountain's locations with each other, you can get an approximate triangulation of TP's locations compared to OoT, using them and Lake Hylia (it is the same one from OoT because the island with a lone tree on top and Water Temple underneath makes a return, with the tree being bigger, which it would be, since hundreds of years have passed).

3: The Sacred Grove, which leads to the TP Temple of Time, has what looks like the further decayed OoT Forest Temple entrance in it, and is really close to the Forest Temple of TP, which is littered with Kokiri symbols.

4: Using point 2, Temple of Time in TP is about in the Kokiri Forest/Lost Woods of OoT, thus with this and point 3, we can conclude it is not the same Temple of Time from OoT.

But how does this mean Link is responsible for the divine prank?

5: The Skull Kid in TP knows Saria's Song, and leads TP Link to the Master Sword.

6: Only one such Skull Kid knows Saria's Song.

7: This Skull Kid owes MM Link a life debt (at end of MM, Skull Kid says Link smells like the kid who taught him "that" song, and then Saria's Song plays. In OoT, child Link does in fact teach a Skull Kid Saria's Song).

8: Only one person at the time of Ganondorf's execution could pull the Master Sword, thus unsealing the Sacred Realm, and freeing the other Triforce pieces, that being the Hero of Time Link.

9: Only one person would have the approval, even if slightly shakey, of the Kokiris, to have Hylians enter the forest to build a new Temple of Time. That is The Hero of Time Link.

10: Word of God says the execution happens several years into the war. Link would factually be leading the final fight, since he is the only one who has the experience of beating Ganondorf, yet he is mysteriously absent from the execution, suggesting another threat of great significance demanded he deal with it instead.

When you put it all together, Link, the Hero of Time, unsealed the Master Sword, to deal with some unknown (to us, not him) threat, right as Ganondorf was being executed, thus allowing the Triforce of Power to go to him, had a new Temple of Time built in the forest afterwards, then cashed in on the life debt to have Skull Kid lead the next hero to it.

At least, that's my theory.

This is absolutely facts. Though I don't think it was that he unsealed the Master Sword in the CT, I think it was that he split the Triforce initially, which is why he has the ToC in the post-credits of OoT. This means that, much like Ganondorf getting the Triforce in OoT being Link's fault, Ganondorf getting the Triforce in TP is also Link's fault.

Maybe don't play with the most powerful object in the universe and give it to the embodiment of all evil in three separate timelines? Might be a good idea.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Yeah this is true, the Hero of Time getting sent back in time is the reason the Triforce on the Child Timeline splits, Hyrule Historia confirms this. Something about the Triforce of Courage existing on this timeline interfered with the Triforce that was already there. There was a delay in the right person getting the piece with the virtue they best personified though, at least the Triforce of Power, which wasn't immedietly given to someone. Whether it was just Ganondorf's pure rage in the moment of what looked like his death, or something else, that moment proved in some way he was meant to have the Triforce of Power.

My theory has always been that an equivalent to the battle in OoT for control of the Triforce between Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda is a predestined event that cannot be prevented. There is multiple instances of dialog in OoT that says the events that are taking place have been predestined. Zelda tampered with time to create a timeline where Link was able to prevent Ganondorf's attack on Hyrule and access to the Sacred Realm, but ultimately it only delayed that showdown, making it the problem of a completely different generation that otherwise may not have had any turmoil.

Anyway, by this logic, Ganondorf couldn't be allowed to die which is why he was given the Triforce of Power in the moment of his death. Basically this force of predestination made it so he got the Triforce of Power if my theory is correct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom