• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Raised Volvagia.

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
zeldas-universe.piczo.com/?g=45592675 . This might be the right one.

This is in no way related to the game stroy itself but it was in one of the comics.

It is said that Link raised Volvagia as a baby in the begining of his journey. He agve Link company and Link loved him. He eventually got old enough to go on his own way so Link let him go. he was then found by gannondorf who changed him into an evil monster, and distorted his thoughts.

This is not part of the game but I wanted to see what you thought about it. The comics were written by the writter of the game and comics so it should be accurate. This could be why Link seemed upset when Volvagia's skull landed in front of him. It is also the only boss who left something behind. that is an assumption I don't knowbut thoughts?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Zelda manga is not canon, that is widely known.
Even the writers say in the mangas that it's loosely based on the games

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
As far as I remember, the Manga should NOT be considered Canon.
Like the movie, its just a slight variation to the actual story of the game, as a movie or manga that stuck straight to the plot in OOT would or otherwise been somewhat boring. Specially with a mute for a main character.

Thanks, I wasn't quite sure i just heard from someone that it was the same maker.
I've never heard that it was the same writer, so that would be news to me. Regardless, whether it is or not, the mangas are officially considered non-canonical. The Volvagia thing was an especially radical change.

It also wouldn't make sense following the game's dialogue. The Gorons have to explain to Link who Volvagia is, and that it's a dragon defeated by some old Goron hero, revived by Ganondorf. It couldn't have been defeated by some hero if Link raised it. That wouldn't make much sense.

For the manga, though, it was a unique idea, and I thought it was a neat addition. :)

Yeah, whilst it definitely isn't canon, I personally liked Volvagia's story in the manga a heck of a lot more. Poor Link...he had to kill his own pet...:kawaii:

Z

Zeldafanatic

Yeah, whilst it definitely isn't canon, I personally liked Volvagia's story in the manga a heck of a lot more. Poor Link...he had to kill his own pet...:kawaii:

Agreed, that would make things alot harder, Also add more emotion to the boss battle.

I personally hated the Link raises Volvagia story. During the Young Link parts of the manga we never see him with Volvagia. I found it hard to care about what happened to Volvagia when most of there relationship is only shown in one chapter of the manga.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
manga is only attached to the game by a very thin thread, and he probably studderrd when volvagias skull landed in front of him, because A GIANT FRIGGIN DRAGON HEAD JUST LANDED IN FRONT OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
really, the manga needed a thicker storyline, they really beefed up the game to make it more interesting to read. if it didnt happen in the game, its just for your entertainment

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
What the heck people.

Navi's Description of Volvagia

It's the Boss of the Fire Temple,
revived by the Evil King. I don't
know its weak point...

Din Akera

Sniper
Okay, I know it isn't cannon, but Mikenike said that at the very beginning. So, to answer the discussion,

I thought it was quite an interesting twist and it added a lot more character to Volvagia. I did like it because Volvagia didn't get a whole lot of background story. Twinrova and Phantom Ganon got quite a bit in comparisson to the other bosses. So, for me I liked to be able to add this to the boss battle story.

About the skull landing at Link's feet, I think (in the game) that Link is disturbed just because it is a skull that almost landed on him, and he just killed it. Also, the skull isn't actually left behind. It burns up too after a minute.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
According to Aonuma, OoT manga = canon (doesn't anybody do their research anymore?). Doesn't mean we have to like the changes and additions in it, though.

Anyway, Link didn't raise Volvagia in the manga, just pretty much saved and befriended it. Doesn't mean that it wasn't revived by Ganon like the game says. Both instances are possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom