• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Link is So OP by the End of OoT...

Twilit Archon

We Burn... Burn With Us.
I'm watching the video walkthrough of OoT right now and I had just never realized how ridiculously over powered Link is by the end of the game. With all 20 hearts, the final great fairy power, and 4 fairys in bottles, Link has the equivalent of 200 hearts with which to tackle Ganon's castle. On top of that, he has Nayru's love, which makes him invincible. Sorry if this seems pointless and boring. It's just something that had yet to dawn on me until I started watching somebody else play the game.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Why yes, yes he is rather "beast" if you know what I'm saying. This always happens in Zelda games if you do 100%. Just goes to show that hard work always pays off in the end!

Twilit Archon

We Burn... Burn With Us.
That's true, but I don't think it's ever to this scale. Even in Majora's Mask when you have 6 bottles, the fairys only heal 10 rather than full health and there is no nayrus love which means Link only has 160 equivalent hearts... Of course he also can have an infinite magic potion and the fierce deity mask. I suppose it's just the N64 in general that Nintendo went a little overboard on the end game.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
That's true, but I don't think it's ever to this scale. Even in Majora's Mask when you have 6 bottles, the fairys only heal 10 rather than full health and there is no nayrus love which means Link only has 160 equivalent hearts... Of course he also can have an infinite magic potion and the fierce deity mask. I suppose it's just the N64 in general that Nintendo went a little overboard on the end game.

Yes, that DOES seem to fit! Although it might be overboard, the game felt "complete". I almost wish more Zelda titles did this because of how fun it was to obtain all of those power ups and them being able to just defeat the final boss with a blink of an eye! But, I'm always up for a challenge too!

Strangelove

Somewhere
True...but most people I know don't manage to get all the power ups before battling Ganondorf.

Only once have I gotten 100% of every thing and then I realized why even bother with Ganon. Making link as weak as possible is way more fun. Also You cant use nayrus love and light arrows at the same time so it is pretty much worthless. The only time I ever used it was on the shifting wall in the spirit temple.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Yeah Link maybe over powered, but to those who put the work in to make him that way it's worth it. I Love doing 100% runs because I'm a completionist, yet, sometimes I have trouble with the final boss the first time through.

Btw the shifty wall is easy if you have your longshot. you just hook shot to each of the rupees then to the top, it makes it really easy.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I never really thought about that, but it's a good point. Those fairies really make him over-powered. But isn't that the point of getting everything 100%? Not everyone does that.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
I always enjoyed getting all of the power-ups and such at the end. It made me feel so...mighty! And they're right, not everybody does it 100%. For those of us that do, we experience the challenge in getting all of the stuff, not that final battle.

I agree with all the people here, it's the actual act of obtaining the heart pieces and other items that's actually fun. However, I've only ever done one 100% playthrough of OoT, the rest have all been regular and restricted. Right now I'm doing a no shield three heart challenge, and it is awesome. The funny thing is, even that it too easy, so I think next I'll do that on the OoT 3D Master Quest, just because I'm crazy.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
All this overpowered-ness is still nothing compared to how op-ed Link was by the end of MM. Think about it, he could get unlimited magic and the freakin Fierce Deity's mask, let alone the two of these combined, which gave the last boss virtually no challenge.

M

Matthew

That's why when I battle Ganon nowadays, I make sure I've got no Fairies in Bottles. I love through the barrier, up the castle, everything in between, and then Ganondorf and Ganon. It's just such a fun battle. The only time I'm worried in the fights is if something terrible happens, like I jump to the platform Ganondorf's on from a corner, and fall to the ground below. :/
Other than that, I love these fights, and I hate being over powered.

Twilit Archon

We Burn... Burn With Us.
You all make a good point. Maybe Nintendo is just doing it right with the Zelda games. If you prepare properly and do as much before an event as you possibly can to get ready for it, of course it's going to be easier. If you just run in flying by the seat of your pants, it's gonna be harder and you are much more likely to get Ganon's boot up yo' ***.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom