• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Link is NOT Looking for Navi?

D

Dante Darkmane

It seems to be common knowledge to any Zelda fan that Link is searching for Navi in the prologue to Majora's Mask. But lately I' have realized that Link may actually be searching for Saria. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Am I crazy or do you think I may actually be on to something here?

I think that would make a little more sense for sure if he was, but it seems that it is actually meant to be Navi he's looking for. That would've been awesome though if Saria made an appearance in Majora's Mask as a major character aha, think about it.

D

Dante Darkmane

I was hoping to see Saria in some form during Majora's Mask... but sadly not even a single Kokiri appeared... ):

Well I am by no means a MM expert like some other people are, I don't even like the game that much, but here's my opinion because I too have though this before.

In the end of OoT it shows Navi leaving Link when he's returning the Master Sword. In the beggining of MM he sais he's looking for a "lost friend." Sounds pretty convincing to me that Navi is the one Link is looking for.

So that right there proves why he's looking for Navi. Here's why I don't think he's looking for Saria.

Saria is a sage and even though Saria in the child timeline is not a sage because she doesn't get recognized as a sage until Link turns into an adult, there is a perfectly logical explanation as to why she would recognize herself as a sage when Link is a child. Link goes back as a child to worn Princess Zelda of what's to come in the future with Ganon and such. Well, I propose that Link also whent back to the Kokiri Forest to search for Navi and then ended up getting lost in the Lost Woods (that is where Link started off MM right? I don't actually know just assuming because of this post.) But, before getting lost in the Lost Woods he also warned Saria of what was to come in the future and her role as a sage. So since Link warned her he knows where she is and therefore there is no reason for him to go looking for her. The most logical explanation is Navi.

Please don't get discouraged with your theory though! The beauty of Zelda is finding new ways to explain things and different ideas popping up around every corner! I am by no means a Zelda theorist and I don't even think there is an actual timeline but that's not going to stop me from making little theorys like this. Hopefully an intelligent Zelda fanatic will come along this thread and better explain to you why it's Navi Link is seraching for and not Saria. (or maybe it is Saria o_O)

D

Dante Darkmane

Well, one of the reasons I don't think it is Navi is from the very beginning of the game it is understood that Navi will be helping Link on his adventure. The fact that Link learns he is Hylian also signifies that he SHOULDN'T have a fairy companion so the fact that she leaves at the end of the game shouldn't have been surprising to Link OR the player. Also, Saria would not become a sage in the child timeline as seem in Ganondorf's execution by the sages in Twilight Princess.

Also, if Link WERE looking for Saria wouldn't it make it that much more ironic that of all the people he meets in Termina, Saria is the only character without a counterpart?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
It couldn't have been Saria. As a kid, he was still at the time Saria was around. he knew how to get to the secret place, and knew he could keep his friend.

Actually, it is clearly stated in the game that you can only find your way in the lost woods if you have a fairy. And since Navi left, Link could have been lost.

Well I am by no means a MM expert like some other people are, I don't even like the game that much, but here's my opinion because I too have though this before.

In the end of OoT it shows Navi leaving Link when he's returning the Master Sword. In the beggining of MM he sais he's looking for a "lost friend." Sounds pretty convincing to me that Navi is the one Link is looking for.

So that right there proves why he's looking for Navi. Here's why I don't think he's looking for Saria.

Saria is a sage and even though Saria in the child timeline is not a sage because she doesn't get recognized as a sage until Link turns into an adult, there is a perfectly logical explanation as to why she would recognize herself as a sage when Link is a child. Link goes back as a child to worn Princess Zelda of what's to come in the future with Ganon and such. Well, I propose that Link also whent back to the Kokiri Forest to search for Navi and then ended up getting lost in the Lost Woods (that is where Link started off MM right? I don't actually know just assuming because of this post.) But, before getting lost in the Lost Woods he also warned Saria of what was to come in the future and her role as a sage. So since Link warned her he knows where she is and therefore there is no reason for him to go looking for her. The most logical explanation is Navi.

Please don't get discouraged with your theory though! The beauty of Zelda is finding new ways to explain things and different ideas popping up around every corner! I am by no means a Zelda theorist and I don't even think there is an actual timeline but that's not going to stop me from making little theorys like this. Hopefully an intelligent Zelda fanatic will come along this thread and better explain to you why it's Navi Link is seraching for and not Saria. (or maybe it is Saria o_O)

Huh? I don't know where you get that idea from but, Saria simply never awakens as a Sage in the child timeline. Now why would Link "need" to tell Saria about her rol as a Sage (which never happens) if the events of the upcoming 7 years is being prevented? Or else it would not be a split timeline.

Reason to visit?
gpU2

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto has said it was Navi he was looking for
This i didnt know, proof please.

-----

The reason why most people believe its Navi is simply because of the fairy sound in the beginning that may imply Navi.
But there possibilty of Saria still remains.

Last edited:

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I think that he's looking for Navi in MM, just as the prologue tells, 'cause he's kid again during MM, so he and Saria are still friends. (I suppose, if there's nothing to do with the fact, that Saria awakened as a sage, so I don't know did it afect it anyways, at least I don't suppose, but anyways...) And he knows, how to get to the Sacred Forest Meadow, and Saria was even shown along with all the other sages on top of the Death Mointain (well, Rauru wasn't in there, but why, it's a whole another theory...), in the end of OoT, so I think, what happened after OoT was that things returned to normal (To agree with my theories about this), and Saria wasn't never shown to actually disappear, 'cause just as I said, in the of OoT, she was there with the other sages (Well, not Rauru, but I've said that already about a million times...), but Navi really flew away from window within the Temple of Time, so she did disappear really.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That would totally make more sense!
At the ending of Majora's Mask you can hear Saria song!

The Skull Kid in MM is the one that Link plays Saria's Song for to get a Piece of Heart in Ocarina of Time. He drew a picture of him, Link, Tatl, Tael, and the Four Giants on a stump, and Saria's Song was played after that was seen. It's referencing that moment from OoT with the Skull Kid, not Saria.

Well think of it.Saria is a sage and so she would be learning about being a sage and stuff during Majors Mask.If not yes I think he is searching for Saria why else would he be in forest searching?

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I think it's obvious that it's Navi. In MM when it says he's looking for his friend, in the background we hear Navi's "sound." Her fluttering fairy sound. That's Navi, not Saria or anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom