• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link in Super Smash Bros 4

I like his current moveset, but one thing I do want changed is his jump height. I know he doesn't jump that high in the Zelda games, but his jump height has gotten smaller with each Smash Bros game. I think it should be back to how it was in Melee. I do think his final smash should be different though. More like something from a Zelda game, such as becoming Fierce Deity, or getting the ability to use some of the magic spells from Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
The SSB4 will have different colour schemes for all the characters. Wouldn't it be cool to have costume changes (like Wario in Brawl) instead of just different colours? Maybe Twilight Princess Link could be a costume change of Skyward Sword Link. The same could also happen with Young Link/Toon Link, keeping all the same moves and only changing their appearance and voice

That would an awesome idea! But it would also be nice to have new smash attacks to go with their costume.
Zelda can have her goddess costume with a smash attack of sealing enemies into amber, making them unable to move & making her free to beat up enemies while there stunned her taunt could be her strumming the harp & the begining of Ballad of the Goddess (if you cant choose it as a background music). Zelda's princess costume can have her use light arrows like in SSBB & her taunt could be to hold up her hand with the Triforce. Zelda in her skyloft costume could have her call her loftwing to attack enemies as a smash attack & her taunt could be to pose like she did when she overheard Groose bully Link.

The SSB4 will have different colour schemes for all the characters. Wouldn't it be cool to have costume changes (like Wario in Brawl) instead of just different colours? Maybe Twilight Princess Link could be a costume change of Skyward Sword Link. The same could also happen with Young Link/Toon Link, keeping all the same moves and only changing their appearance and voice.

One thing that would be awesome in SSB4 would be customisable move-sets, so that you can choose what each of the special moves are and assign them to your name.

What I want to know is if Link and Zelda are updated to Skyward Sword incarnations, what happens to Ganondorf and Sheik? Would they we left out all together or replaced by Ghirahim and Demise? I would like to see Ghirahim be playable, but Demise? Maybe as a stage hazard.

Also, it would be cool to be able to roll bombs with Down-B be an option as opposed to only throwing them.

↑This is exactly what I've had in mind. Each character could have a set of costumes, like Wario. Each set could come with its own perks. This ties into your idea of customizable movesets. For example: Link could have the boomerang from Melee and the Gale Boomerang from Brawl set to Smash-B, depending on which costume he's wearing; Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, respectively. Your bomb rolling idea would be perfect for Link's SS costume. Ah, the possibilities. Hopefully, this wouldn't be hard to implement [if it's included].

If the aforementioned ideas are not implemented, I hope that Hal Labs and others will be able to find a middle ground in Link's moveset; there's only so many buttons to which moves can be assigned. Hopefully, they'll find a way to include Link's SS incarnation, without taking away his popular character traits from past SSB titles.

I know this is a thread about Link, but you bring up a very interesting point about the inclusion of Zelda and Ganondorf. SS Zelda was hardly a fighter. She appeared to be frail and would appear out of place in a Super Smash Bros. game. Her past incarnations fit perfectly, as they sported a kind of "warrior princess" appeal about them. Sheik also helped, seeing as how he(?) was essentially a fully "controllable [Down-B] move." The only means I can think of to remedy this, would be either to include SS Zelda, and have SS Impa appear somehow as a Sheik replacement. SS Impa has been shown to be more than capable as a fighter, and would likely have a variety of acrobatic moves at her disposal. I have no idea how this would work in-game, though; but then again, I said the same thing when Sheik was announced to appear in Melee. I'm sure they'll think of something. If that doesn't work, I guess Sheik could always be adapted to fit a more SS-based appearance.

It's a really tough decision or whether or not to include Ganondorf on their part. Sure, he didn't appear in Skyward Sword, but is the main villain in the Zelda series - one of the wielders of the Triforce that bind him, Link, and Zelda together. Perhaps Demise could be a replacement for him, but I honestly can't imagine Demise on a SSB stage. Then again, Bowser was incorporated quite well into the series, despite many perceivable limitations such as his sheer size and other factors. It'll be quite an interesting sight to see if Ganondorf adapts an SS-based look this time around.

Wow, Hal Labs and others really have their work cut out for them. :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure he's gonna be just like he is in SS, maybe with his whip for his grab attacks. What I'm mostly wondering about his how Zelda's character will change. I'd like it best if they just keep TP Zelda in SSB4 because:

1) I DOMINATE with Zelda.
2) In SS, Zelda really doesn't do anything combat-wise. It would be hard to make a moveset unless they copy it from Brawl

And maybe they'll replace Sheik with Impa? I hope not but I think they will.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'd change the final smash to something involving the Skyward Strike. Plus I definitely want him to appear the way he does in SS. Maybe they could change the side B move to something involving the whip

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
One thing that I just thought of. All incarnations of Link in Smash Bros. so far have had their shields that block all projectiles that hit it. When he does his idle animation, the shield moves and he is vulnerable. This needs to be changed. His idle animations shouldn't affect the gameplay at all! Why does it leave him open for attack from projectiles? It shouldn't.

The Skyward Sword Link, it must be possible that he can do a Skyward Strike and a Shield Bash. Maybe there will be one attack with motion controls such as shake with the Wii Remote, they can do the whip with it.

Link will proberly have his Skyward Sword look, Or mabye the Skyward Sword Model and Twilight Princess textures. As far as general fighting, Link's moveset will be the same. But for his special moves, I'd say the Boomerang would be replaced with the Beetle. And mabye his final smash ( If they will be in the next installment) could be the Skyward Strike that's over powered, I don't know.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
They need to change Link's and Toon Link's Final Smashes. If nothing else, at least Toon Link. Make him Young Link again, and make him go Fierce Deity as his FS, and make Link go Wolf Link or something. Their FSes were not that great. Limited range, predictable, able to be Countered by Marth and Ike.

Also, Mario needs to change his. The fireball was good, but I want to see something from Galaxy. Like, Mario fights on his own for a while, during which you point a wiimote/touch a stylus to the screen, where Star Bits will fly at enemies and hit them to deal damage little by little, but it can't kill them.

Skyward Sword's Link with Skyward strike, maybe a loftwing in his final smash, using the beetle as an attack, wipe instead of hookshot.

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
I've been thinking about this a lot and i've got movesets for link, girahim, demise and midna all planned out. I'll give you my link one and if you want i'll post the others later.

Firstly, my one is ased off of SS.
He has the same stats, A attacks and up/down smashes as TP link (SSB:cool:
side smash - skyward strike
B - sacred bow (fully upgraded)
B up - calls his loftwing and does a medium-length upward dash on it. He can use the sailcloth to come down slowly, or press down on the nunchuck to put it away (like peach's umbrella)
B side - unleashes the beetle (fully upgraded) in direction specified and returns automatically (link Toon Link's boomerang)
B down - uses digging mitts to burrow under the earth and performs a short-range automatic attack
+ side - clawshot grab (lanayru design), but the throws make better use of the dual clawshot
Taunts: Fi comes out of sword; Plays harp; 1+2: Skyward strike charges (increases power of side smash, but can still use them without taunting)
Final Smash: Triforce Wish - skyloft keep falls from the sky and does massive damage to all players on the field.

If you want to know my girahim, demise or midna movesets, post here.

I think they would keep zelda/sheik just make a skyward sword sheik like they made a twilight princess sheik. I think demise will replace ganandorf. Anyway as far as link goes It will definitly be based on skyward sword link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom