• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link, Hylian, or Ordonian?

A

Almo SSBB

link is hylian cause he lives in hyrule, gorons are hylian cause they live n hyrule, at least i think so. its kind of confusing but i know for sure that link is always hylian cause of the pinted ears, which resembles true hylians like zelda. in each game link came from a different place cause his family (does he have a family?) always settles somewhere else in hyrule or link just ends up somewhere. in OoT he ends up in the kokiri forest cause his mom sent him there before she died, but he is still in hyrule, wind waker he is in outset island but he is still in hyrule, and in tp he is in ordon woods which is kind of like kokiri woods (not really but you get the idea) but he is still in hyrule. i noticed that link susually ends up living or coming from the woods/forest inevery game almost. anyway confusing topic andimnot one to care too much for topics like these, link is the hero of hyrule and thats all i need to know.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Considering that all Links have been Hylian, I think it's safe to assume he's Hylian. I go along with him being both, but the other Ordonians are human. Link is the only one who has pointed ears and he has the Triforce of Courage at the beginning of the game (I'm just guessing that only Hylians can get it or the otehrs), meaning he's different. In what way, most likely, him being a Hylian would offer the best explanation.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Link is most definitely Hylian. He has the Hylian ears that his ancestors were blessed with so they could hear the voices of the gods (and utilize telepathy, but it seems only nobility and wise men have that ability...)

With TP!Link, it's a very similar situation to OoT!Link. OoT!Link grew up in Kokiri Forest, but he was not Kokiri. TP!Link lives just outside of Ordon Village on the edge of the Ordon Woods. Though the area that he lives is Ordona Province and not actually part of "Hyrule proper" according to Shad, it doesn't mean that he isn't of Hylian blood. It's likely that he was moved there sometime during his younger years... I don't think he was actually born there. If he was, I imagine he'd be living inside the village. Still, you can tell the difference between an Ordonian and a Hylian by simply looking at their ears... you might even take into consideration their noggins, which are a bit bulbous in comparison to other characters, but that's probably just the artists' way of making them stand out. In any case, the ears are the giveaway. Some other races had the ears (like the Kokiri), but they were created, not born.

Since the various Links are descendents of various Knights of Hyrule, that pretty much tells us that each Link is a Hylian, regardless of where he may be living when we start up the game.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I tend to think Link was born in Ordon - mostly because at the beginning of the game, Rusl makes mention of how Link has never left the village/surrounding woods - hasn't seen the outside world. Of course, that could mean a similiar situation to OoT, wherein the Link of that game was born outside and brought to the village, but in my own little personal Twilight Princess mythology, he was born in Ordon / in that tree house at the edge of the village to Hylian parents who came from Hyrule proper to settle into a quietier life than Castle Town, Kakariko, etc. could afford them. That's just my own little origin-story-in-my-head that I use as a basis for fanfiction dealing with Link's origins in TP. I don't expect anyone else to subscribe to it.

lilwilly

Swordless Link
link is in the town of ordon but his main race is hylian. Hylians have pointed ears. that lantern guy is probably a little cookoo.he lives in hyrule with humans/hylians while other races (like zora) are different. Get it? he is basically hylian

Ordonians are people who LIVE in Ordon, while Hylians are a race. Hyruleans are ones that live in Hyrule (not a race). Since Ordon is a province of Hyrule, Link is an Ordonian, Hyrulean, and Hylian, similar to the way I am an Idahoan, American, and Caucasian. Just as there are Ordonian Hyrulean Hylians, there are Faronian, Lanyrian(probably a different name), etc.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, since Ordon is technically a part of Hyrule (Ordon is in the same geographical area as the Kokiri Forest?), I guess Link is a Hylian. Wouldn't make sense otherwise, because he has those ears.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
, Link is basicly Hylian race in all of the games (forgive me if i am wrong) eg. In Ocarina of Time, Link's mother was dying and was forced to leave Link in the Lost Woods. The Great Deku Tree raised him as a Kokiri Child, although he was actually Hylian in race.

...in my own little personal Twilight Princess mythology, he was born in Ordon / in that tree house at the edge of the village to Hylian parents who came from Hyrule proper to settle into a quietier life than Castle Town, Kakariko, etc. could afford them. That's just my own little origin-story-in-my-head that I use as a basis for fanfiction dealing with Link's origins in TP. I don't expect anyone else to subscribe to it.
I've often thought about that. Link is obviously the only "proper" Hylian in Ordon (which, as we've concluded, makes him Hylian-Ordonian) but where did he come from? And why does this kid have his own house?

Sorry, side comment :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom