• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Link Doesn't Even Lift Bro

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
Why would Link lift weights as light as those?

This is his kind of lifting:
maxresdefault.jpg

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
PAGING VANESSA

Quit riding :)

Ehm the problem here is that most of the things that were "interactive" like sitting on stumps/the toilet were just there for comedic effect. Link couldn't lift weights even if he wanted to, because he is INCREDIBLY scrawny when put up against even Cawlin.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Eh, that's too bad, I guess? I'm sure Link would be able to lift them, but I guess that mechanic just wasn't implemented? I honestly couldn't tell ya.

Hah, riiiight. Let's take a looksy at the character arts of Groose vs Link.
Groose.png
vs
Link_SS_4.png

Like, Groose's arms are just bigger than Link's. No contest. I don't think could lift even if he wanted to. He couldn't lift even grass from its roots in OoT as a child, and he only did those feats of lifting the moon blocks as an adult because of the golden gauntlets. He could lift meaningful rocks in TP but he was a rancher. What is he in SS? He ain't **** but a lazy boy. He could lift. He doesn't lift. He ain't even a bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, he saved the world. That accomplishment in itself already makes him well above people who do lift, in terms of strength.

He didn't save the world on his lonesome. He had a magical blade and so many other aides to help him. Furthermore, he didn't do it of his own will but because he was told to. I wouldn't call Link strong at all, except that he had the courage to do what he was told rather than do things of his own accord.

He didn't save the world on his lonesome. He had a magical blade and so many other aides to help him. Furthermore, he didn't do it of his own will but because he was told to. I wouldn't call Link strong at all, except that he had the courage to do what he was told rather than do things of his own accord.
The only person in the game to call Link strong would be Fledge.

Kirino

Tatakae
He didn't save the world on his lonesome. He had a magical blade and so many other aides to help him

Same thing with, like, 90% of video game protagonists. Doesn't make his feats any less heroic/courageous.

Furthermore, he didn't do it of his own will but because he was told to. I wouldn't call Link strong at all, except that he had the courage to do what he was told rather than do things of his own accord.

Maybe in previous games, but in SS he pretty much did it of his own will. He was self-motivated to find Zelda in the beginning, and kept fighting for that throughout the entire game. Yeah, he was kind of pushed into saving the world, but he still had his own motivations and goals.

Last edited:

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud

Okay, what about the Koloktos fight? In that fight, Link wields a sword twice his size. Not to mention all the giant logs he pushes by himself. He doesn't have any special gauntlets nor goddess-induced powers, he simply has his own physical strength.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Not to mention, competently wielding a sword and shield takes a hell of a lot of body strength. Tell me, how many people here can fight with full body armor, shield, and broadsword? And then swing around a sword twice your height and width?

I didn't think so. I think even if he could interact with the weights on Groose's bench they'd still be useless to him; compared to Koloktos' giant sword those weights would be like ants to him.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Same thing with, like, 90% of video game protagonists. Doesn't make his feats any less heroic/courageous.

Never said he "wasn't much of a hero" or anything along those lines. Just that he can't lift and isn't a bro. :I

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom