• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Didn't Leave Hyrule Through the Lost Woods

It's a theory because it is widely accepted as fact with some people not agreeing with it.
The theory is in the title, and evidence to that is the Mask salesman was seen in a cut scene being ambushed in the same forest Link was in before he fell into the hole.

If that hole was indeed in the Lost Woods, Salesman man would have been stalfoed (coined). Another thing to take into consideration is that he seems to be pretty deep in the woods, suggesting he had been without a fairy for some time while wandering (or walking to). Link too, was without a fairy. And from what some say he was to be turned into a skull kid. Some of the same people who believe that the woods Link was in at the time was the Lost Woods also believe link returned though there, becoming stalfo and then again becomes Hero's Shade (I'm not for the Hero's Shade theory, just worth mentioning).

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
In the opening cutscene of MM doesn't it say that Link was in the Lost Woods looking for an invaluable friend? This would disprove your theory because it's stated in the game. I'm trying to find the quote, but I'm almost positive that the Lost Woods are specified.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
In the opening cutscene of MM doesn't it say that Link was in the Lost Woods looking for an invaluable friend? This would disprove your theory because it's stated in the game. I'm trying to find the quote, but I'm almost positive that the Lost Woods are specified.

No it never specifically says the Lost Woods:

"Done with the battles he once waged across time, he embarked on a journey. A secret and personal journey ...

A journey in search of a beloved and invaluable friend ..

A friend with whom he parted ways when he finally fulfilled his heroic destiny and took his place among legends ..."

A

An Hero of Time

From what I remember, if you press pause and look at the map menu while you're chasing Skull Kid through the forest, I'm pretty sure it says "The Lost Woods" or at least shows that your in a similar location.

So yes, he is in The Lost Woods at the beginning and end of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I remember, if you press pause and look at the map menu while you're chasing Skull Kid through the forest, I'm pretty sure it says "The Lost Woods" or at least shows that your in a similar location.

So yes, he is in The Lost Woods at the beginning and end of the game.
Can you post a screenshot? Because while I believe that the game starts in the lost woods, the fact that the Happy mask salesman wasn't stalfoed is odd. it might just be that he's magic though. after all, he can go between Termina and Hyrule with ease.;)

A

An Hero of Time

Can you post a screenshot? Because while I believe that the game starts in the lost woods, the fact that the Happy mask salesman wasn't stalfoed is odd. it might just be that he's magic though. after all, he can go between Termina and Hyrule with ease.;)

I was wrong. Just started a new file to double-check, and it doesn't say anything on the map while he's chasing Skull Kid at the beginning of the game. My bad.

As for the Mask Salesman not turning into a monster/Stalfos - yea, it probably does have to do something with magic or supernatural powers. After all, he can disappear at will and is capable of materializing himself or other objects in certain areas with ease.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I think that you have to be in the lost woods for a VERY long time to be a skull kid, which is nothing but a state of mind. After years of being alone, they become reclusive, and they wish to hide themselves from others. They learn to stick together with others of thir kind, shunning the outside world that shuns them. They like it when you play Saria's song because Saria sees through their illusions and acts like they are equals.
Besides, if just staying in the woods for a few days turns you into a Stalfos, then why isn't Saria? She's probabaly camped out there a few times.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well.... it was only the Kokiri that claimed that everyone that entered the woods became Stalfos. Remember that they also thought that any Kokiri that left the woods would instantly die, and that was wrong. Perhaps the whole Stalfos thing was just another false belief meant to "protect them" from the outside world. They said any non-Kokiri that entered the woulds would become a Stalfos. But Link wasn't one, and he didn't.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I think the whole point of becoming something in the lost woods is that you become lost for so long that it changes you. Link, growing up as a kokiri, knew his way around the lost woods and thus would not become part of it. If a kokiri ever got lost, they would wind up back at their village (for who knows what reason) You can't suggest that turning into a skull kid or stalfoe has to do with a fairy because Saria tells you to meet her at a place you are familiar with. I believe she says "the usual spot." This place is in the lost woods, and to say this would mean Link has been in the lost woods before. Since he never had a fairy before Navi, turning into skull kid cannot be connected to fairies. If you want to suggest that the HMS should become a stalfoe, I agree with Deku Nut. The poacher's son was in the lost woods but didn't become "lost" for quite some time. It's not like in TP where when you step into Twilight, you immediately turn into a wolf. It takes time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom