• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Can Talk Its Just Hard to Notice

What about the CD-i games he talks all the time in them. :)

Anyway this is from Wikipedia:

"Link does not usually speak, and only produces grunts, yells or similar sounds. One exception is The Wind Waker in which he says "Come on!" to make people or objects follow him. When Link is asked questions, the player answers by choosing options from a list; Link usually does not give any aural or visual indication that he has answered, however he sometimes nods his head in The Wind Waker. Link does speak in the cartoon series and the CD-i games produced by Philips, though these are not canon materials in the series. However, he does "speak" two lines in The Adventure of Link; when he locates a mirror under a table, the text, "I found a mirror under the table" appears on screen, and later on, if he examines a fireplace that he can enter, "Looks like I can get in the fireplace" is displayed."
Yeah, but as that quote states, that isn't canonical.

It and other noncanonical media is arguably "not Zelda". I mean, it's obvious it is, because it has the character. But it's not official and not part of the world, so it kind of isn't. Know what I mean?

zants follower

underling of the dark god
all the time link talks. he was supposed to talk completely in tp and they were gunna have voice actors but they where scared people wouldnt like his voice. also there is a pause alot when someone asks a question then they get an answer and are always talking like people do to schnitzel on chowder. "rada rada rada" "whats that? you want to smell my feet?" or sumthin like that.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Yeah, Link talks, though it isn't to difficult to notice when.
The only reason we do think Link doesn't talk is because we never hear its voice...
Probably because Ninteno wants the player to think he is Link.

There are two moments in which Link can talk...

The first one is when we choose what to say, for example 'Yes' or 'No', thus the character who was talking with you will answer you something according to the option you chose.

As for the second one, we don't choose an option, we talk to them with our 'minds'. For the ones who don't understand this, I've some examples:

- At OOT, in the Goron City, you can talk to a Goron and, in the middle of the conversation, he will tell you he doesn't know what the trees (and some other forest things) are.
- At MM, when you talk to Kotake after finding Koume, she'll first say some things about her potions, then you "tell" her Koume is hurted, and she'll give you a red potion for her.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
This is a time where text appears on the screen where Link can talk. After Alfonzo tells him to leave. Link says "See you later Niko" or something along those lines.

CZG

I can handle some screams and grunts, even short shout outs like Navi always did...
But when Link starts talking, I'm out.

In that case, I'm glad to witness the old games and leave it at that.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
So when you are deciding like that, that is Link basically talking? Wow, so Nintendo did let Link talk after all. That's amazing. Better tell that to everyone at Link is Sociopath thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom