• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Battle Royal. Who Wins?

All the "Links" from all Zelda games face off against each other with the items, skills & abilities native to their game.

Who do you think comes out on top?

Purely subjective to your opinions, I know there have been video's & theory's about this before.

All links.jpg

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I've done a blog on this a while back that went in depth into this subject. Found here
And from it we have a few contenders

Firstly the Hero of Time with his fierce deity mask. Plus he has Chateau Romani giving him infinite magic for 72 hours not to mention depending on what time period you pull him from he may or may not have already invented the hidden skills

The hero of Twilight has the magic armor which makes him impervious to damage at the cost of 2 rupees per second, or 12 when taking damage. Link's rupee capacity in TP is 1000r, but in the HD remake it's 9999r. This means Link's maximum time before the armor fails 8 minutes 20 seconds in TP or in TPHD 1 hour 23 minutes and 19.5 seconds.

The hero of Winds also has magic armor but his version consumes magic over time but still eats rupees in place of damage. He also has the Phantom Sword which can stop time for a brief moment if combined with a phantom sphere for fuel.

The hero of Legend comes in with his SWOLE MUSCLES
his Golden Sword does a whopping 120 attack. For reference The master sword in BotW does 30 normally which gets doubled to 60 when near malice. Plus he has the red mail which reduces all damage to 1/4

The hero of Hyrule has by far some of the best defense. The red ring reduces all damage to 1/4 AND he knows the Shield Spell which reduces all damage to 1/2 so for a time all damage done to him is only 1/8

Last but not least is the hero of the wild has some DEEP pockets. Like he can carry so many meals that heal damage, increase strength, increase defense, etc...Then there's Link's ability to slow time for a moment allowing him to dodge or go in for a flurry rush, and the skill to deflect an actual laser beam with nothing more than a pot lid. This Link also has the highest HP of any hero at 120 where usually the Links cap out at 80hp

So I'm going with hero of the Wild or maybe Hero of Time

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m gonna have to agree with everyone here that the hero of time is the winner, plus if we’re allowing cross-game abilities here he has chateau Romani which gives him infinite magic, and Nauru’s love which makes him impervious to damage are the cost of magic, making him effectively invincible.

The hero of Winds also has magic armor but his version consumes magic over time but still eats rupees in place of damage. He also has the Phantom Sword which can stop time for a brief moment if combined with a phantom sphere for fuel.

If we’re taking remakes into consideration the magic armor doesn’t take magic in WWHD, only rupees if you get hit. I’d argue that makes it better than the TP armor despite less rupees.

Also I think we’re overlooking a huge factor: the hero of winds can stop time. Sure he needs the phantom orbs to do it but if we’re allowing max wallets I don’t think it’s too out of the question to say he came to the fight with a few orbs.

I still don’t think it’s enough to beat the hero of time but I think winds is easily a runner up.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
If it's a fully decked out Link operating at their prime, then I see only two real contenders.

BotW Link can use the upgraded stasis to stop living beings in their tracks, walk up, and stab them. Every Link is effectively dead before they can react in any meaningful way. Even if the Hero of Time were to put on the Fierce Deity Mask in time, I don't see any reason that stasis+ would do the exact same thing. The Fierce Deity is still capable of being damaged, and we don't see anything in MM to indicate that it's more physically durable than Link himself.

The Hero of Time is the only other contender. Assuming an adult Link with all the gear he acquired throughout his time in Hyrule, his biggest advantage is probably the the Golden Gauntlets. We've seen Link use them to perform numerous (if repetitive) feats of superhuman strength, but we've never actually seen them used on a living being. If they offered any level of striking power comparable to their lifting power, one hit would probably be enough to pulverize BotW Link's insides.

Assuming, of course, that the Hero of Time is even given the opportunity to strike.

EDIT: I neglected to bring up the killing power of Ancient Arrows. Ancient Arrows kill almost every enemy in a single hit, Lynels included. They destroy Guardians with a single direct hit to the eyeball, and deal significant damage to bosses. The Hero of Time isn't exactly a Hinox or a Ganon, so I don't see him surviving more than one direct hit.

Last edited:
It really depends on how the battle plays out; if it's some free for all as opposed to an organized tournament, anything could happen. For example, a lot of people think HoT would win because he has the best abilities at his disposal, but that might not be the case if a few Links decide to gang up on him and take him out first.

Now for me, I can see WW Link being the initial victor, only to get punked by BoTW Link who avoided the entire battle thanks to his Gerudo disguise.

EDIT: Okay, here's how I see this going...

SS Link dies first
OoT and TP Link team up because they're family and all
AoL Link kills FSA Link
WW Link kills ST Link, unaware of their connection
OoT Link kills ALBW FS and FSA Links in three huge swings
It takes the OoX MC and ALttP Links to finally bring down OoT Link
TP Link is erased from existence as a result
OoX Link kills MC and AlttP Links
WW Link kills OoX Link
WW Link and AoL Links battle it out with WW Link winning thanks to the latter's limited sword skills.
As WW Link takes the belt, BotW Link makes a surprise entrance and finishes him off
This entire event is being announced by Groose

Last edited:

thePlinko

ZD Legend
If it's a fully decked out Link operating at their prime, then I see only two real contenders.

BotW Link can use the upgraded stasis to stop living beings in their tracks, walk up, and stab them. Every Link is effectively dead before they can react in any meaningful way. Even if the Hero of Time were to put on the Fierce Deity Mask in time, I don't see any reason that stasis+ would do the exact same thing. The Fierce Deity is still capable of being damaged, and we don't see anything in MM to indicate that it's more physically durable than Link himself.

The Hero of Time is the only other contender. Assuming an adult Link with all the gear he acquired throughout his time in Hyrule, his biggest advantage is probably the the Golden Gauntlets. We've seen Link use them to perform numerous (if repetitive) feats of superhuman strength, but we've never actually seen them used on a living being. If they offered any level of striking power comparable to their lifting power, one hit would probably be enough to pulverize BotW Link's insides.

Assuming, of course, that the Hero of Time is even given the opportunity to strike.

EDIT: I neglected to bring up the killing power of Ancient Arrows. Ancient Arrows kill almost every enemy in a single hit, Lynels included. They destroy Guardians with a single direct hit to the eyeball, and deal significant damage to bosses. The Hero of Time isn't exactly a Hinox or a Ganon, so I don't see him surviving more than one direct hit.

eh, remember that even stasis+ only works on smaller enemies, and even then only for an incredibly brief amount of time. Not only do I think that HoT would be immune to it, but even if it did work wild wouldn’t have enough time to really do anything with it. It’s not like wind who can freeze literally everything for around 7-10 seconds.

you have a point with the ancient arrows, but these aren’t the first epic power arrows ever, multiple links have access to light arrows, and others have access to silver arrows. Also remember that most links have methods to block these arrows, be it a magic shield, armor, or entire force field.

Wild is a strong contender, for sure, but that’s mainly due to his sheer strength and toughness. I think his best bet in winning a fight with the other links is trying to out-last them with his superior armor and survival skills. I don’t think that’s enough to last against time, wind, and legend.

I might come back with a tier list eventually

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
eh, remember that even stasis+ only works on smaller enemies, and even then only for an incredibly brief amount of time. Not only do I think that HoT would be immune to it, but even if it did work wild wouldn’t have enough time to really do anything with it. It’s not like wind who can freeze literally everything for around 7-10 seconds.

you have a point with the ancient arrows, but these aren’t the first epic power arrows ever, multiple links have access to light arrows, and others have access to silver arrows. Also remember that most links have methods to block these arrows, be it a magic shield, armor, or entire force field.

Wild is a strong contender, for sure, but that’s mainly due to his sheer strength and toughness. I think his best bet in winning a fight with the other links is trying to out-last them with his superior armor and survival skills. I don’t think that’s enough to last against time, wind, and legend.

I might come back with a tier list eventually

Stasis+ actually works on every enemy, including Ganon's first form. If it works on him, I see no reason it wouldn't work on the other Links. And since smaller enemies are affected the most by stasis+, the average size of the different Links suggests it would probably work on them about as long as it does a bokoblin. That's more than enough time for BotW Link to close the distance and deliver a fatal blow. And while magic armor is definitely a threat, all Link needs to do is stall and wait it out until it drains either the other Link's magic or his wallet.

Light Arrows are definitely a big threat, but I think a a prepared Link could safely deflect them, since he already shown himself capable of deflecting other suck projectiles. Given that BotW Link is very capable of deflecting blows from the likes of Ganon (a skill the other Links have not yet demonstrated), I think it gives him a key advantage when dealing with their projectiles.

Last edited:

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Stasis+ actually works on every enemy, including Ganon's first form. If it works on him, I see no reason it wouldn't work on the other Links. And since smaller enemies are affected the most by stasis+, the average size of the different Links suggests it would probably work on them about as long as it does a bokoblin. That's more than enough time for BotW Link to close the distance and deliver a fatal blow. And while magic armor is definitely a threat, all Link needs to do is stall and wait it out until it drains either the other Link's magic or his wallet.

Light Arrows are definitely a big threat, but I think a a prepared Link could safely deflect them, since he already shown himself capable of deflecting other suck projectiles. Given that BotW Link is very capable of deflecting blows from the likes of Ganon (a skill the other Links have not yet demonstrated), I think it gives him a key advantage when dealing with their projectiles.

I don’t think the size determines the amount of time stasis can hold a target, but rather the strength of the target. Remember that stasis will freeze any inanimate object for the same amount of time no matter the size, and since any creature is stronger than an inanimate object it automatically freezes for a shorter amount of time. I believe that the links will be frozen for much shorter than a mere bokoblin.

another point I forgot to mention: stasis only works on one enemy at a time. If this were a one-on-one fight then stasis would be fine, but since most of us seem to agree that this is a free for all then stasis isn’t going to be much help, especially since it has a 10 second recharge time. I definitely think that winds has the better time stop ability here.

It is true that wild can block just about any projectile, but once again only one at a time. If any of the links tried to gang up on him he’s through. Sure Nauru’s love and the magic shields can run out, but so can wilds shields. Granted the amount of shields he can carry is pretty high, but theyre not impervious. Any electric or fire based attack and all of his protection is gone. If we’re equating light arrows to ancient arrows, I’m pretty sure wind, time, minish, and legend can block them with mirror shields. Also SS link can deflect attacks that strong as well.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don’t think the size determines the amount of time stasis can hold a target, but rather the strength of the target. Remember that stasis will freeze any inanimate object for the same amount of time no matter the size, and since any creature is stronger than an inanimate object it automatically freezes for a shorter amount of time. I believe that the links will be frozen for much shorter than a mere bokoblin.

another point I forgot to mention: stasis only works on one enemy at a time. If this were a one-on-one fight then stasis would be fine, but since most of us seem to agree that this is a free for all then stasis isn’t going to be much help, especially since it has a 10 second recharge time. I definitely think that winds has the better time stop ability here.

It is true that wild can block just about any projectile, but once again only one at a time. If any of the links tried to gang up on him he’s through. Sure Nauru’s love and the magic shields can run out, but so can wilds shields. Granted the amount of shields he can carry is pretty high, but theyre not impervious. Any electric or fire based attack and all of his protection is gone. If we’re equating light arrows to ancient arrows, I’m pretty sure wind, time, minish, and legend can block them with mirror shields. Also SS link can deflect attacks that strong as well.

I think that a battle royale scenario with all the Links effectively randomizes a possible victor. Any Link could take advantage of any other moment to eliminate a more powerful version. And while I think the Mirror Shield would very much help the Link deflect energy projectiles, I don't think it would do much beyond block arrows. That might mitigate its usefulness. While it would certainly deflect BotW Link's Light Arrows, it wouldn't do as well against those used by OoT Link, whose Light Arrows are still solid projectiles.

I do think the fights work better if they're one on one brawls. Those lend themselves better to each Link's strengths.

Additionally, I do think it's hard to factor in how long stasis+ would hold Link based on strength. I'd probably equate a Link to being about as strong as a blue or grey bokoblin, and they're capable of dealing significantly more damage than (gameplay-wise) anything the other Links have fought. I'd guess stasis+ would probably stop Link for about as long as it stops a bokoblin or a moblin.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Okay, so here’s my full list.

as of right now there are 12 different links on n the Zelda canon, while these aren’t all their official names I’m going to refer to them as such:

Hyrule (Loz, AoL)
Legend (LttP, LA, OoX)
Time (OoT, MM)
Wind (WW, PH)
Four Sword (FS)
Minish (MC)
Light (FSA)
Twilight (TP)
Spirit (ST)
Sky (SS)
New Legend (LBW, TFH)
Wild (BotW)

Now as for the rankings:

12.Four Sword.
At first you’d think that the one who can split into 4 would do really well, but they all have one MASSIVE flaw, they can only hold one item at a time, as in they have to drop whatever they currently have if they want to pick something else up. Items and special abilities are easily the most important factors here, so when you’re limited that much on items you’re not going to do so well.

11.light
Same reason as before, can only hold one item. The reason I give them the edge over four sword is that lights item selection is slightly better than theirs. They also can fight in formations so that’s helps a tiny bit I guess.

10.Hyrule
Hyrule actually has a rather vast array of items and spells to choose from, the problem is that almost none of them are useful in combat. Aside from the usual bow, bombs, and boomerang all he has is a wand, a few spells, and some easily avoidable fire. The wand can shoot the same beams as wizrobes, and assuming these beams are the same in AoL, they can be blocked by a regular shield or even reflected. His spells are a little better, but aside from fairy most of the links can do the same thing without using a very limited resource. Hyrule definitely can put up a fight, but he won’t last long in most situations.

9. Sky
These next four were all very close, as they suffer from the same problems, they all have abilities that make them excel in very niche situations, but not much else. Sky, for instance, is pretty decent with a sword, has a drone, and a whip, but not much else. Not bad, but doesn’t really have much going for him.

8.Spirit
Same reason as sky, only this link has the hurricane spin and readily available sword beams, which puts him slightly above sky.

7.Twilight
If we were going solely on sword and shield combat, Twilight would easily be a contender for the winner, but his equipment is severely lacking, more so than the previous two imo. The reason he’s above them however is his sword skills, and his ability to output a massive amount of damage with the ball and chain. He’s not a guy I’d want to get in a bar fight with, but he’s not exactly special Ops either.

6.Minish
it feels weird putting Minish this high, as he still suffers the same problems as the last few, albeit to a lesser extent. He has Pegasus boots, remote bombs, light arrows, and a few other bits that can help. He’s also pretty good with a sword, seeing as he has his own hidden sword skills. He also has his shrinking ability, but that’s really not that useful in a fight. These aren’t antman rules.

5.New Legend
New legend was this close to being a strong contender. He has the abilities and equipment to easily win against the previous links, but not quite enough to face up against the big leagues.

4.Wild
Unlike the previous 8, the rest of the links all have a good chance at winning. Out of a hundred battles I’d say about 12 of them would be won by wild. The reason he’s so good is his ability to continuously heal and block, however he’s not able to do that forever. A fight with him is a matter of who can last the longest.

3.Legend
The sheer amount of things legend can pull out to give him the advantage is astounding. He has four games worth of heart containers, red mail, rings that give him a variety of abilities, 7 bottles, 2 invincibility items, 3 screen clearing medallions, he’s got it all. Sure a lot of his stuff is quantity over quality but he can counter just about anything you throw at him.

2. Wind
If it weren’t for his ability to stop time wind would probably be around the same place as new legend. One of the better links, for sure, but his items alone don’t stand a chance against the others. But his real power comes from his ability to stop time. He freezes everything around him for about ten seconds, and there’s no cool down. His only limitation is that he has to have the phantom orbs for it to work, but its not too big of a stretch to say that he can come prepared.

1.time
I almost put wind above time, but I think that as long as time has Nayrus love active he’s in the clear. Sure nayrus love only lasts a limited amount of time, but time can easily reapply it and immediately heal any damages done. Magic isn’t an issue because of chateau Romani, so the fight effectively becomes the final boss of phantom hourglass, with time becoming vulnerable for a short period of time, and wind freezing time during that period. The difference is that time is a lot more capable than bellumbeck, so he’d have no problem beating wind (remember, without the time stop wind is fairly weak). Wind would surely win a fair amount of times out of 100, but more often than not time would be the victor.
I think that a battle royale scenario with all the Links effectively randomizes a possible victor. Any Link could take advantage of any other moment to eliminate a more powerful version. And while I think the Mirror Shield would very much help the Link deflect energy projectiles, I don't think it would do much beyond block arrows. That might mitigate its usefulness. While it would certainly deflect BotW Link's Light Arrows, it wouldn't do as well against those used by OoT Link, whose Light Arrows are still solid projectiles.

I do think the fights work better if they're one on one brawls. Those lend themselves better to each Link's strengths.

Additionally, I do think it's hard to factor in how long stasis+ would hold Link based on strength. I'd probably equate a Link to being about as strong as a blue or grey bokoblin, and they're capable of dealing significantly more damage than (gameplay-wise) anything the other Links have fought. I'd guess stasis+ would probably stop Link for about as long as it stops a bokoblin or a moblin.

But one-on-one fights aren’t exactly fair either. There are links that are overall less powerful that can still beat a clearly stronger link due to a single weakness. I think having a free for all is better as every link has to deal with their own weaknesses and strengths against all of them. I think the best way to deal with any randomness is to say that the best of 100 wins.

remember the mirror shield in WW can reflect light arrows, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the other mirror shields can too.

freezing for the same amount of time as a grey boloblin still isn’t that long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom