• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link As a Girl?

I'm not sure that this has ever been specified anywhere (so correct me if I'm wrong), but could the "legendary hero" ever be a girl?

How about a new Zelda game, where Link's character is a female? What kind of new items could they make? Where on the timeline(s) could it fit?

Technically it's possible. All the Link's possess the Spirit of the Hero, and there isnt any reason why a female can't possess that same spirit. Even so though I don't think it's that good of an idea. I think Nintendo should stick with Link being a man.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Yeah it would be weird now that I think about it...besides, Nintendo already did the girl power thing with Metroid. So a female Link would be strange, just like a male Samus.

I'd like to see more female warriors though. Have you ever thought about the Knight Academy in SS's ridiculously uneven gender ratio? One bathroom too...that's just asking for trouble...

Last edited:

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
How about another game consisting of Zelda saving Link? I think the first one consisting of this was a PC game, or maybe I'm mistaken.

i don't think Link himself could be turned into a girl. Maybe a new character with a different name that somehow takes on Link's role. It would be weird for a girl to save Zelda though, so it would need a different plot.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to choose between male and female Link. Nothing else would have to change. I'd like this option personally, but I'm not terribly bothered by it either way.

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I think it may be a good idea, but I would only want it as a spin-off game. It would be cool to be able to choose your gender in the spin-off version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom