• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link and Zelda's Relationship in Skyward Sword

T

tosino

I second that. I mean, they really do look at each other for quite a while... It would be kinda weird if I just suddenly began staring at my best friend (who is of the opposite gender; he's a guy) for long periods of time. ^^

Exactly! haha, we don't go around staring at our best friends like that :P

Will There Be a Link/Zelda Relationship in Skyward Sword?

This is one of the big questions. Link/Zelda shippers have wanted to see a game that gets the two together. Will they finally get what they want?

I hope not, teasing it is fine but I hope ultimately that it doesnt happen and they decide their responsibilities are more important

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm hoping that Nintendo will at least TRY to show a relationship between LinkxZelda. I mean, they good friends in this game so taking it a small step forward wouldn't hurt anyone, would it? I'm more of a LinkxSaria fan but since she's tied to one game and Nintendo killed her off as being a potential Link lover, I really would like to see Zelda and Link show more than just friendship, hero-princess, fated ones, or those other generic bonds they've had since LoZ.

L

Linkmeister

I hope not, teasing it is fine but I hope ultimately that it doesnt happen and they decide their responsibilities are more important
im gonna say this because i dont know if id like to see it happen

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I swore they were brother and sister in SS. o_O Anyway, if they're not brother and sister, it would be nice to see a Zelinky couple for once! But still, I think nintendo will avoid going into that territory. They never have been the lovey dovey game corporation.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
as that would make Link become royalty at the end of the game

When did Nintendo ever say that Zelda would be royalty? A relationship doesn't directly mean marriage, they could still be closer-than-close friends without any form of dating, proposals or anything like that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
When did Nintendo ever say that Zelda would be royalty? A relationship doesn't directly mean marriage, they could still be closer-than-close friends without any form of dating, proposals or anything like that.

Well, surely the Royal Family will be founded at the end of the game. I mean, why wouldn't it? Anyway, I guess the second thing you said is legit, but I'm saying I don't think there will be any kind of real sense of romance between them.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
if a short fat plumber can get a princess by jumping on mushrooms, than link should get zelda by being awesome with a sword :mastersword: and saving her from giant pig monsters :ganondorf: , killing evil knights, being a great archer, destroying the undead :stalfos: , annihilating the creatures 4+ times as big as him

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
if a short fat plumber can get a princess by jumping on mushrooms, than link should get zelda by being awesome with a sword :mastersword: and saving her from giant pig monsters :ganondorf: , killing evil knights, being a great archer, destroying the undead :stalfos: , annihilating the creatures 4+ times as big as him

But that's not what The Legend of Zelda is about. It's not the typical "knight in shining armor slays the fire-breathing dragon and gets the princess in the castle" story. And that's been made clear ever since ALttP.

I would hope not, as that would make Link become royalty at the end of the game, and we all know that's not Link's thing. If you ask me, they're just really close friends. It doesn't seem like the Link and Ilia thing to me.

What's wrong with royalty for this Link? Majority of the Links are never related by blood and he's been many things: swordman, knight, an islander, a rancher and even a train engineer. Why stop him from being royalty? And I don't see this Link going back to a quiet life, not when the Skyloft residents are moving towards Hyrule. Much like the WW Link.
Since when is Link a knight? He's always a solo guy that goes on and does his own thing. He didn't become a knight after the original game. He didn't after TP. Or ALttP. I'm just saying, Link's not one of those guys that joins the royal stuff. He's a normal guy who is called to be a hero, and then lives his own life.

Well, he is a desecendant of the royal knights in AttP. And after the original game had Link staying in Hyrule, protecting the land and the last we saw him, he was kissing Zelda under a curtain. Nothing suggest that he went back to his old life.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, don't you think it's not the First time they did this? I mean wasn't there "something" between Link and Zelda in Spirit Tracks? They did hold hands in the end. I mean it was more than we usually get when it comes to their relationship.

Since when is Link a knight? He's always a solo guy that goes on and does his own thing. He didn't become a knight after the original game. He didn't after TP. Or ALttP. I'm just saying, Link's not one of those guys that joins the royal stuff. He's a normal guy who is called to be a hero, and then lives his own life.
Come on dude, I know it's not really official, but if you chose right, then Link was sort of a knight in Spirit Tracks. Am I the only one who didn't ignore the DS games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom