• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Link and the Skyward Sword

Spoilers! The Skyward Sword is actually a female purple thing! And the Skyward Sword turns into the Master Sword! Haha, I love how we know spoilers already and the game's not even out :D

Anyway, onto my post, which relates my thoughts on why Link and the Skyward Sword girl will probably not be romantically attached to each other in any way [Yes, I know, I know; the game isn't even out yet and people are already starting to talk about pairing characters together. It's fun, ok?] :

In Twilight Princess, the 3D Zelda just before Skyward Sword, Link already had a possibly-more-than-just-friends relationship with a little helper character. It would be strange if the very next game did the exact same thing; people would accuse Nintendo of re-using old ideas (Also, Midna was tough and quirky. Purple Girl looks all frilly and delicate. Unless actually playing the game convinces me otherwise, I wouldn't want her to end up with Link even if it did make sense ):< )

The Skyward Sword turns into the Master Sword, an artefact that all [or is it most?] Links use on their quests. If SS Link was a more-than-just-friend to Purple Girl, then not only would their relationship be doomed, but that would also mean that all future Links are forced to tote SS Link's ex girlfriend around Hyrule. That would be WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD.

Thoughts? Comments? If not a "girlfriend", what will Purple Girl be? a motherly or grandmotherly figure, Link's half-sister, somebody else's girlfriend, too inhuman to relate, evil, terminally ill, insane, Link's pet, Link's daughter [joking... I hope], a figment of Link's imagination, a hologram, none of the above, or all of the above?

I guess you made a point by implying that SS-Link and "Purple Girl" (how did you come up with purple? looks somewhat white-blueish to me :P) won't have any kind of romantic relationship. Unlike Midna, Purple Girl can't be seen as a female figure, as said by Aonuma once, but rather as a humanoid thing. While I certainly would like the idea of Nintendo implementing a sort of Link's-sister-personality into it, I don't think that's gonna happen. What I do think is that there will be some kind of relationship like TP-Link had with the great fairy, meaning on some sort of meta-level, beyond feelings.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
When will Link and Zelda actually be paired together? But it seems that all the Links and Zeldas over the timelines and generations end up together so that would be incest. Which is the best, as long as you keep it in the family!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, we can't jump to conclusions just yet, so for now hold your thoughts. Also you make it sound like Link and the spirit have a close relationship by saying "ex-girlfriend" and what not. I can only assume from my own thinking, based on the other Zelda games with female partners, that Link will grow a friendly connection like Navi and Midna.

S

Sage

I know, sorry, but where do you get purple from? :P
I think this sword girl will not be "more than friends". I think she will be a Navi.
Someone that Link cares about, almost as best friends.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Purple? She looks more like a gray or light blue to me.
And yeah, all these people, Ilia, Midna, Navi, the sword girl, they're all just partners. And most of them are a different species anyway, so that'd be weird if they got together. o_O I'm just a regular LinkxZelda fan, anyway. :3 I hope they get together at the end of one of the games. Who agrees? C:

A

An Hero of Time

Personally, I was hoping for some sort parental relationship between Link and the girl (not by blood of course, but something unique in which Link becomes the girl's father figure or older brother figure over time,) but knowing Nintendo, I doubt this'll happen. It's probably going to be another companionship/friendship relationship, like the one Link had with Navi in OoT.)

Skyward Sword/Master Sword have feelings with Link? That would be great. It can explain why the Master Sword will accept all the diffrent Links as their Master. Right now I so want to know what will be the relationship of Skyward Sword and Link will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom