• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link and The Portal of Doom

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
20220506_192105 (1) (1).jpg20220506_192115 (1) (1).jpg20220506_192200 (1) (1).jpg20220506_192344 (1) (1).jpg

This book is horrible but it's part of Zelda history so I read it to my oldest son. I don't suggest anybody else buy it but I'm glad I've got it anyway. Mine even had the wholesticker page intact! Now that page is a gem! Anyway, fun thing I figured somebody could correct me on because I couldn't find any direct references to it with a quick search but this book may have possibly had a legacy.

The book makes mention of Ancient Hylian in 2006. Pretty possible this was mentioned before 2006 somewhere but it would be fun if such a horrendous book was the first piece of official media to make mention of it.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Oh hey, I actually own this book! I found it (with all of its stickers) in a thrift store last year. I find the stickers hilarious because they're just official artworks from completely different games stuck in there. I can't remember if the story takes place in the unified or child timeline, but it follows child Link from OoT. For a kids book it was actually kind of good, I should read I again.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I love the book because it's got the Nintendo Seal of Quality on it which makes it official but I can't say it's a good story. The writing is pretty lame (not because it's a book for children but because nothing of worth is made for kids anymore), I honestly believe 90% of members here could write a better book for kids.

The author bounces around a few story hooks that go absolutely nowhere and the entire conceit of the narrative is. I will say that the author seems to have played Ocarina of Time once so that's a plus. Deus ex machina and a truncated ending annoyed me, the encounter with the frogs at least evoked nostalgia.

The Oracle Choose Your Own Adventure books where at least full of references to the games and felt coherent, I wish they could have pulled that off with this one. Still, it's officially Zelda so I'm happy to have the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom