• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link and Love

If Link found love, who would you want it to be with? I want to hear your opinions on Link and love.

(I'm sorry if there is or has been multiple threads on this but I couldn't find any and I want to talk about it)

For me, it would have to be Malon. I've had a crush on her since OoT.

In most Zelda games, he seems to go for Zelda over the others.
(here are my thoughts)
LoZ: Zelda's his goal.
AoL: He goes for a new Zelda.
ALttP: Exception1: He doesn't seem too interested in Zelda, but actually wants to rescue Hyrule.
OoT: He even returns to her after he gets sent back to childhood.
MM: She's not really in the game. He's just trying to get back home.
WW: He goes for Tetra, but that's sort of a loop-hole.
TP: Exception2: He's more interested in what's-her-face (yeah, I forgot her name).
SS: Zelda from the get go.
----Portable----
LA: She's not in it, but he thinks about her and mistakes Marin for Zelda.
Oo?: [never beat, barely played]
MC: Zelda from the get go.
PH: Tetra again.
ST: [never played]
----Other----
CDi: Who cares?
FS: I don't remember much.
FSA: [never beat, barely played]

S

SellUDekuNuts?

It's been pretty inconsistent with the nature of their "relationship" (Zelda/Link I mean). I remember beating AoL as a kid and being pretty stoked that Link appeared to be getting some action when the curtain went down, after how difficult that game was, the guy deserved it! Since the first few games in the series though, he seems to have different potential "love interests" each time out. My vote would go to either Midna or Nabooru, I like my ladies with a little attitude.

It's been pretty inconsistent with the nature of their "relationship" (Zelda/Link I mean). I remember beating AoL as a kid and being pretty stoked that Link appeared to be getting some action when the curtain went down, after how difficult that game was, the guy deserved it! Since the first few games in the series though, he seems to have different potential "love interests" each time out. My vote would go to either Midna or Nabooru, I like my ladies with a little attitude.

Haha yes! I forgot about Nabooru. Remember in OoT, after you beat the Spirit Temple and reveal her as the Sage, she says something like "If only I had known what a handsome man you would become.... I should've kept that promise I made seven years ago...." She obviously wanted some. If I was Link, I would've let her have it right there in the Seal of Sages in front of Saria and everybody. LOL, I crack myself up...

I guess I ship Link + Zelda in all the games except TP, OoT/MM and OoX. In TP, Zelda is rather uninvolved, Link's favorite girl is probably Midna but that can't work for many reasons, so I guess I ship him with Ilia. He likes her, she likes him, there ya go. In OoT/MM I can't even picture Link with a girl because he's like 10. When he grows up (for real) I could see him with either Malon or Zelda, but right now he's too young. OoX, I can't really see this Link with anyone. Nayru's taken, Din is a maybe but still unlikely, Zelda is a maybe but she's not really in the games much so we can't see her and Link's relationship. I may just have to ship him with the cute tree in this one. Or Rosa, he could wear the Subrosian Ring and they could go on dates.

LA is generally accepted to star the same Link as ALttP, right? If yes than I guess I will still say Zelda, but if not then I have no idea. I liked Marin >.>

S

SellUDekuNuts?

Remember in OoT, after you beat the Spirit Temple and reveal her as the Sage, she says something like "If only I had known what a handsome man you would become.... I should've kept that promise I made seven years ago...."

Oh, I remember. I remember it made me mad. "Wait, what was the promise?!? Why are you such a tease Nabooru? He's got enough on his mind already!" It would have been hilarious if they cut to Link's face when she said that and he reacted with that same look of shock/surprise he gives when an unexpected enemy appears during a cutscene. D:

Seriously, when you think about it OOT had so many potential love interests (Zelda, Saria, Ruto, Malon, Nabooru) it's amazing the guy was able to focus.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
LoZ: Zelda, she's the only female in sight.
AoL: Zelda again.
ALttP: Zelda.
LA: Marin. Marin 100 percent of the way. When you get to a certain point in the game, it was TOTALLY Link's chance. LinkxMarin romance works all the way.
OoT: Saria or Malon. I love Saria – she's cute and makes me happy. Malon is waiting for her knight in shining armor. I can't weigh between the two. My heart tells me that Saria is the better choice. I don't factor in Ruto, Zelda, or anyone else. Ruto is...leagues away from Link in my opinion. Zelda has no personality, and just like she was in SS, is a plot device. Anyone else I don't know their names of. So, Saria.
MM: Tatl (jk), I don't know anyone. Perhaps Romani, because she affectionately called him Grasshopper?
OoX: Most definitely Zelda, otherwise Nayru because she's amazing.
TWW: Tetra, it's implied.
TMC: Zelda, most obvious.
TP: Ilia is too much of a [bad word]. I don't like her at all. Midna is a jerk and frankly, I don't see how Link could begin to bond with her. Zelda is too Queenly in that she cares nothing for Link...like at all. Zelda wasn't even the main focus of TP, now that I think of it. So I can't say, I don't much like any of the females of TP because of their personalities.
PH: Tetra again, it's implied.
ST: Zelda, again implied.
SS: Zelda ONCE AGAIN.

Last edited:
Oot: SariaxLink this has to be the cutest couple ever, also, this is the pairing with the most hints in the game (expect RutoxLink?)
WW: there is some MedlixLink in this game but still mostly Tetra, I kinda like MedLink better though because Tetra looses all traces of a personality when she becomes Zelda
TP: there was definetely something between Link and Midna, but it couldn't work out, and it was kinda obvious that Link would get Ilia eventually, Hena was the cutest girl in this game though
SwS: LinkxPeatrice is CANON! (or partially canon? since you had a choice and all? well, I liked Peatrice anyway so, yeah)

Last edited:

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I dont that in OOT: linkxSaria would make a good couple, since link is actually a Hylain and Saria is a korkaro?( I completely forgot that name and how to spell it:P) anyways, lwhen link is like 20 Saria would be too but with a 8 year old body.

~SS- zelda.
~WW-Tetra
~ST-Zelda
~PH-Tetra
~Oot- Malon
~TP- Ilia (she is the only girl that would kinda go with him in that game....):mellow:

I'm going to say Zelda. It makes sense since she is the character the series is named after and is the reason Link goes on his quests most of the time.
In the NES games, primarily AoL, he gets a kiss from her. (And spawned the unfunny running gag in the cartoon)
In A Link to The Past, while is saving Hyrule, I sort of thought it could work because of how she connects with him through dream and psychic link.
In Link's Awakening, I kind of think Marin was a creation of Link's memory of Zelda, hence why she resembled her to him and that maybe her being more active with Link could be how he "dreams" of spending more time with Zelda.
In Ocarina of Time, like said earlier, after returning to the past he goes to her. Sure, you could argue it was to warn her of Ganondorf's plans, but I still feel something else there, especially with his remembering her in Majora's Mask and keeping the Ocarina of Time with him.
In Oracle games, he gets a kiss from her at the end of the linked game, he swoons while she blushes.
In Wind Waker, while he goes off for his sister at first, his friendship with Tetra, later revealed to be Zelda, sort of suggests it and goes on Phantom Hourglass.
In Spirit Tracks, they spend the entire game together and their holding hands is pretty good indication of it.
In Skyward Sword...
It ends with them living on the surface together after spending the game looking for her, the valuable person who is dear to him, implying they start the royal family

OoX: Zelda or Din, mostly Din if it focuses enough to knock Zelda kissing him. Wait which girl for OoX, you never said it.
OoT: Ruto Princess or Malon, mostly Ruto because she had more personality. Seeing her naked can gives more fun. (jk there)
TP: Telma because she paid him to do her (jk) Midna because she made Link realize not to go for Lila and left the village.
WW: PERVERTED LINK! I am not sure how he can go to just save his sister, so weird and unfitting. Tetra for this and PH.
ST: Zelda obviously.
Loz and AoL: Zelda
ALttP: Zelda
Zelda and Midna are my favorites of all the group.

Oh, I remember. I remember it made me mad. "Wait, what was the promise?!? Why are you such a tease Nabooru? He's got enough on his mind already!" It would have been hilarious if they cut to Link's face when she said that and he reacted with that same look of shock/surprise he gives when an unexpected enemy appears during a cutscene. D:

Seriously, when you think about it OOT had so many potential love interests (Zelda, Saria, Ruto, Malon, Nabooru) it's amazing the guy was able to focus.

Hahahaha.... ahh. Link could've been such a player in OoT lol, its ashame he had to go back to his own time.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
If Link was to be in love with any of the characters in the series, I would want it to be either Saria or Marin/Malon. I know Link and Saria were really just friends, but I still think they would be really good together. And Malon/Marin would work really well too.
As for LinkxZelda, I never really saw that being a thing. I always thought of Zelda as somebody Link is constantly forced to save but doesn't really have feelings for. Then again, I hear SS is an exception to this, but I have yet to even play the game so I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom