• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 Link Actually Talks.

So Beedle saying "Thank You" and "Bye" is simply just a mishearing we English speakers make from jibberish as well?
He's saying "Come on"

Mystery Re-Solved

exactly, and navi saying "hey, hello, listen, watch out, look" is all just in our minds -_- Link clearly says come on, oh no, etc

linktroll.png

He has also been known to say "Well Excuse Me Princess" ..... and "Kiss me" (Irishmile will now dodge items thrown at him)

Starleap

Canadian Girl
Uh guys? The reason Link doesn't "Talk" is because Nintendo wanted the players to find the connection with themselves and Link as they played. It's quite remarkable though isn't it? We've all become "linked" through this one franchise, and the main character doesn't "talk" yet it's a universal thing.

Yeah.. that's what I said in my first post kind of... its also probably why we can relate to Link... because we subconsciously project our own voice and emotions as his... its sort of vain if you really think about it too much.

A

Antigenius

Most other characters dont actually talk either, its all just subtitles. many NPCs just make grunts and squeaks in response to whatever Link COULD have said to them.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Sorry to inform you but, that's completely wrong. The Japanese LOVE putting random English phrases into things whether a casual conversation, a game, a song, anything. They do it all the time, so this isn't far-fetched at all. It isn't gibberish.

Link's "Come on" not sounding like a clear phrase doesn't mean anything, as most Japanese voice actors can't speak clear English, so it sounds a bit off. However, Beedle's "Bye!" is completely clear because it's pronounced as "bai", which is something completely pronounceable to the Japanese.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. Even so, Link never holds a conversation with anyone (besides people saying what he says to them for him).

E

Elder Sheik

The building-guys in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask say something I'm pretty sure...?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
You can Clearly See Link talking on SS about what happened to Zelda with the Headmaster.

Wait, so you mean my theory that Link is able to explain detailed stories through simple hand motions is false? XD

Well, the way I see it, every once in awhile Link will say one or two words, and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom