• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Linearity in This Game

geek4887

The Unknown
It's pretty straightforward. Anyways, how linear do you think this game will be? Would you want it to be an open world like Ocarina of Time, or closed like Twilight Princess, or a bit in between like Majora's Mask?
Of course, I would want it to be open, because that would allow some nice touch to the game, as the sense of exploration that the previous games have executed, will be preserved greatly on this new installment.

On a sidenote, I apologize if it's been confirmed.-.-

geek4887

The Unknown
I think it'll be like Link's Awakening. Linear in story, but open in overworld.
I've never played Link's Awakening yet, but of what I've seen and heard of it, that should satisfy my adventurous needs.

I think it'll be like Link's Awakening. Linear in story, but open in overworld.

Really? I thought LA had a pretty linear overworld, at least at times. You couldnt go wherever you wanted, like in the original LoZ. You could go in places that you didnt need to be in yet, but even then, you couldnt completely explore them, either. Hmm..

JuiceJ pretty much summed it up nicely. However, we should keep in mind that Skyloft and the sky overworld feature certain events that will take place in different points in the game's progression, and we don't yet know whether or not they are needed for the advance of the main story... and these events are merely a tiny part of all the side-quests Skyward Sword has to offer.

The overworld's been praised by Nintendo for its massive amount of content and huge yet dense structures, which - for me - marks a significant step into free overworld exploration (although we likely won't have access to every areas in the beginning).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think there will be a set order in which things have to be done, however I think there will be lots of exploration in the ''self contained hubs''.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
I believe each area will have it's own overworld, and each individual province will connect to the other areas in the province.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Really? I thought LA had a pretty linear overworld, at least at times. You couldnt go wherever you wanted, like in the original LoZ. You could go in places that you didnt need to be in yet, but even then, you couldnt completely explore them, either. Hmm..

I meant that there are areas we could explore but not get all the way to. Couldn't do that in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom