• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Like-Likes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
So, I was thinking this morning while playing Twilight Princess and the thought occurred to me, "are there any Like-Likes in this game?" I couldn't think of any that I could remember seeing.

For some odd reason, the question confounded me and I spent about half an hour thinking of where I might possibly see them. Then I thought, "I'll ask on the Zelda Dungeon forums!" So any insight or answers that anyone gives will be greatly appreciated.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I don't think that they do show up in the game. I don't recall ever seeing them in there.

Tom

Like-Likes have made appearances in the following games:
-A Link to the Past
-Link's Awakening
-Ocarina of Time
-Majora's Mask
-Oracle of Ages
-Oracle of Seasons
-Four Swords Adventures
-The Minish Cap
-Phantom Hourglass
-Spirit Tracks
Curiously, no, they do not show up in TP, which feels weird to me as well. I never really realized they weren't there.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think it's quite a curious thing.

It might be easy enough to say that they weren't included because of the graphical style that the developers were going for, but I think there's more to it. Part of my questioning is that like likes aren't in Wind Waker. For me it seem like a great game to include like likes, the graphical style, in my opinion would be flattering to such an enemy. Also, I think that like likes looked quite nice in oot and mm, and I think that i could have been easily adapted to twilight princess.

One reason I can think to leave out like likes is the bother of having to design a store in the game where you might frequently travel to get a shield back. I think this is a great reason not of have like likes in wind waker because you would have to sail all over creation to get to the right store, but in twilight princess it would be quite easy to call Epona and get to the nearest store for a shield.

Another problem, and I think this is a difficulty for all games, is what happens to the dead enemy? In a lower resolution world (oot) I can see it sort of melting away, but in twilight princess with its realistic graphics, it would be hard to show it slumping over and dying.

Actually, there is. Well, sort of like a type of Like Like, if that's possible. It's called the Deku Like. They're found in the Forest Temple. It's that enemy where you have to use bombs or the bomblings provided to defeat it.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
Actually, there is. Well, sort of like a type of Like Like, if that's possible. It's called the Deku Like. They're found in the Forest Temple. It's that enemy where you have to use bombs or the bomblings provided to defeat it.

those aren't as annoying though, because they don't digest your shield

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
-A Link to the Past
-Link's Awakening
-Ocarina of Time
-Majora's Mask
-Oracle of Ages
-Oracle of Seasons
-Four Swords Adventures
-The Minish Cap
-Phantom Hourglass
-Spirit Tracks
Curiously, no, they do not show up in TP, which feels weird to me as well. I never really realized they weren't there.

I do not recall seeing them in Spirit Tracks. Remind me where they are again?

David

But you called me here...
Ok. Good. I'm not the only one that noticed that there weren't any in TP. Thanks guys!

Thunder-ocarina

It's a secret to everyone
-A Link to the Past
-Link's Awakening
-Ocarina of Time
-Majora's Mask
-Oracle of Ages
-Oracle of Seasons
-Four Swords Adventures
-The Minish Cap
-Phantom Hourglass
-Spirit Tracks
Like-Likes have also appeared in The Original Legend of Zelda.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I noticed TP tried to make Zelda as realistic as it possibly could even for a fantasy game. This explains why they left out things like the magic bar and why more scientifical items like the spinner were put in.. Like likes are monsters that don't really make sense. The way they are built and what they do seems a little out there. Plus I just plain don't like them.
BOO LIKE LIKES AND ALL THAT THEY STAND FOR!

I don't believe they do appear in Twilight Princess. Like-Likes are pobably the only enemy that still scares/annoys me in Ocarina of Time, because for some reason, they can get really lucky with when I try to get near enough to attack, and they end up engulfing Link. As this usually occurs in the Fire Temple, I usually lose my shield and Goron Tunic because each time it never dies fast enough, it's like you have to instantly kill it once you are spat out again. =\

I hope they make an appearance in Skyward Sword though, and that they still are as annoying as ever.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I think the only 3D titles Like-Likes appear in are Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass. I could be wrong and have missed Spirit Tracks, but oh well. It could be because they were trying to make Twilight Princess more realistic by excluding these creatures that eat your clothing, shields, and money. However, I could see why they took them out, for you can only purchase the Hylian Shield once, and no tunic is ever purchasable (Unless you want to call magic armor a tunic, but you can only purchase it once).

Maybe they wanted to make the items and such feel more exclusive because of how the game goes, whereas in Ocarina of Time, you could buy them for the (not) low price of 200 rupees. Then, there's also the theory of how they didn't want the more magical things in Twilight Princess, such as the Like Likes.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I do not recall seeing them in Spirit Tracks. Remind me where they are again?

As Cel-Shaded Deku said, they are at the trading post. They're also in the cave from the Goron Villiage to the fire sanctuary. I'm certain they're in more places, but I'm not so sure at the moment. Anyone else want to add to our ongoing list?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom