• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII -- TGS 2013 TRAILER!!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;O-wfRZuv_cY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-wfRZuv_cY[/video]

This trailer looks to be very beta-ish; the game doesn't look to have the graphical polish that FFXIII nor FFXIII-2 had. In spite of the lack of polish, we do get to see a bit of the real time battle system. The UI in battle looks heavily reminiscent of of the gauges used in XIII and XIII-2, and it appears that you can do a paradigm shift of sorts in order to switch bewtween commands (seen at 0:59). We get a little tiny bit of the setting for the game, as well as a runner up for plot. How does it look?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I'll buy it, because I can't help myself. I didn't hate FF XIII (a C+ effort), I just wish the Grand Pulse open world had come within the first ten hours of play. I'll probably get this next summer when it drops to $40.

Kirino

Tatakae
First of all, I love Lightning's new outfit. The game seems pretty good. I'm a bit worried about playing as only one character, but the story looks good, and the setting looks great. I'm also willing to wager that their god is Bhunivelze. I like that this game is completely focused on Lightning, as she's my favorite character from the XIII saga, which I actually like.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Final Fantasy XIII has been a mess to start with and it's only gotten messier the longer they've dragged this dead horse through the muck. I was willing to forgive the first XIII its faults and XIII-2 was the game the first one should have been (not exactly a point in its favor) but enough is enough!

Granted, it's early yet. I don't think SE has any business releasing a trailer now. I think they just felt the need to remind everyone that it's still there. But look! Lightning can climb, and jump... and swing a sword... and stuff. This trailer shows absolutely nothing. XIII's ATB system looks standard, and there's no way this game can be anything other than poor if Claire is the only playable character.

Who was the dude doing the VO? Was that Noel? I'm not holding out hope of XIII-3 making XIII-2's ending make any more or less sense than it did, but from the looks of it whatever Ciaus did with the black goo of doom didn't turn the world into purgatory... though I'm guessing it's a distopian future now???

What about Sera? What about Yuel? What about Fang and Vanille? What about... ya know what, who cares? I don't.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pacey uploaded another trailer:
[video=youtube;Az29cescHP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az29cescHP8[/video]

It's really nothing but an extended trailer, but it has a few clips that are still somewhat interesting! ^^

Light's line "you should know who I am, or should I say, WHAT I am..." is a bit intriguing!

Kirino

Tatakae
Who was the dude doing the VO? Was that Noel?

It was almost cartainly Hope.

Anyways, I think it's neat how Lightning can climb ladders, grab ledges, and swing down poles. I'm also starting to like her outfit the more I see it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Hope, right that would make sense too. Wonder if Noel's around this time. I actually liked him fwiw. Hope's better in XIII-2. I never really thought he was as bad as people made him out to be in the first one. Were I in that situation I'd probably be more like Hope.

Anyways, I think it's neat how Lightning can climb ladders, grab ledges, and swing down poles.

You mean the sort of stuff video games have been capable of since... IDK, forever? Maybe it's just me but SquareEnix and Final Fantasy need to get with it.

Outfit's alright. Still liked her first one better. Shades are pretty sweet though.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I haven't been overjoyed with the series since FF VI or VII. X was a turd (mostly the voice acting), I liked XII well enough, and I got along with XIII well enough to finish it out. I have a feeling I'm never going to love the series again.

Kirino

Tatakae
You mean the sort of stuff video games have been capable of since... IDK, forever? Maybe it's just me but SquareEnix and Final Fantasy need to get with it.

True, but it's never been possible in XIII or XIII-2.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I know this is only the first trailer, but I sort of dislike her new outfit and Luxerion. It looks a bit boring in some parts and it doesn't look lively like some of the previous locations. As to her outfit, I prefer her goddess armor over this. I don't hate it or anything, but why is she a dark knight? Two things that I noticed from watching this trailer is that Noel seems to be confirmed at 0:40, and her outfit changes each time you execute a paradigm shift.

I need MOAR footage, Square! D:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
[Luxerion] looks a bit boring in some parts and it doesn't look lively like some of the previous locations.

Given the ending of XIII-2 I think there is a reason for that. I notice a lot of black and white used in the color scheme both throughout Luxerion and Claire's outfit.

This game looks amazing, I hope they're not playing with my mind about playing as just Lightning through the entire game. The first two sucked for me because of less Lightning playability.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
This game looks amazing, I hope they're not playing with my mind about playing as just Lightning through the entire game. The first two sucked for me because of less Lightning playability.

Hopefully there is more than just Lightning, though. I cannot take the game seriously enough as it is, to have lightning as the only playable character is just... dumb. XIII-2 got by well enough with just 2. XIII's six was a bit too much even though each character was used to great effect in the story, gamewise half of them were simply useless (never used Sazh). I always prefer quality over quantity.

Besides, having only one character would break the paradigm system. But who else? Will Noel or Sera return? Will Hope become playable again? Snow (God let's hope not >.<) Heck, maybe even Yuel this time. Someone new, perhaps? If this is the last one then I think it's too late to start adding new major players (James Vega *cough*)

Personally I would love to see the pink haired sisters fighting side by side. And somehow adding Yuel would just be freaking awesome. Of course, I would like to see Noel return as well. Getting to play as adult Hope would be a pretty sweet opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom