• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Light Vs Dark Worlds

A Link to the Past: Light World and Dark World
Ocarina of Time: Young Link and Adult Link (Present and Future Respectively, Future being Dark)
Oracle of Ages: Present and Past (Past being Dark)
Minish Cap: Big and Small worlds (Not sure if this counts)
Twilight Princess: Light and Twiight (Most Recent)

This seems to be a theme Nintendo Relies on too much.

Im hoping this doesnt happen to Skyward Sword, (With Skyloft being Light, and Hyrule being Evil)

Its been used and reused, do you think this is the path that SS is taking?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
You might as well add Holodrum and Subrossia from OoS on your list, Subrossia being the dark one. But the two world idea is an idea that they repeat a lot, and I actually think it works pretty well with Zelda games.
Another addition might be the Great Sea and Underwater Hyrule from WW.
And SS seems to be heading in the direction of using it: we all know that there are two worlds in SS, Skyloft and Hyrule (most probably). But in all, I don't really have a problem with Nintendo reusing this concept.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Yea, it seems like a recurring theme, but it kind of suits the Zelda games well. I really didn't notice how much they use the two worlds theme, but it seems to be quite nice. I think we'll see something similar in SS, but probably not quite the same because they both would contain similar elements.

EDIT: Is this troll, because I was deReped for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom