• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Light-hearted and goofy moments in BotW2

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
After the announcement trailer last year, many people believe that Breath of the Wild 2 will have a darker tone to it. However, you could say that every kind of game always benefits to have some degree of contrast and nuance to it. The creepy, dark moments of Breath of the Wild 2 might not be all there is to it.

The humor in Zelda has always been it's own kind of quirky goofiness, especially prominent in games like The Wind Waker. Breath of the Wild had plenty of those moments too - the hue store, for example, or the seal puns. Would you want more or less of these light-hearted moments in BotW2? And how would they be like?

I'd be fine with some humour in the game, mostly limited to some quest giving NPCs.

Otherwise I'd actually like them to tone the humour down for BotW2 because BotW was just not funny when it tried to be.

I think Yunobo was supposed to be funny but he was insufferable.

And I think the Yiga could have been a really interesting and dark concept but they used them as a joke and Kohga as a punchline, which ruined them.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
And I think the Yiga could have been a really interesting and dark concept but they used them as a joke and Kohga as a punchline, which ruined them.

Oh yeah, I agree. Going into the Yiga hideout was so tense and filled me with trepidation and I still consider it one of the better stealth experiences I've ever had, but the whole banana thing took the edge off the suspense IMO. And Kohga could have been so much better as a boss battle if it was a bit more serious.

I really like the contrast with humor and seriousness. If BOTW2 is darker I think it would make funny moments even better. Sometimes when things come out of the blue they are funnier. I think it would be neat to have humor that references the other games a bit. It's always fun to have "I understood that reference" moments.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I think botw 2 should be darker than than botw, but also have some scenes with humor in it. I agree with @Spirit with the yiga clan. They should’ve been more serious and darker. I think if they put some humor in the game along with darker scenes it would work out really well.

Honestly? I've always found the humor in Zelda unfunny and juvenile, especially when it comes from cartoony over the top characters like Linebeck or Kohga. It's even worse when the humor ruins potentially interesting characters, like Zant or the Yiga. I hope BotW2 tones down the humor, or gets some writers who can write less cheap, actually funny humor.

More. While Zelda games have never made me actually laugh, they are always much better off when they're not trying to make me care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom