• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Light Brand

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Here goes nothing. A story for this new era. I will be posting two versions, the original and also in ZD fanfic format. They will both be the same story, just that the names of characters and places might differ. I feel a little hesitant posting it because work is gonna pick up for me these next four months. I will be coming here and update when I can, so if I seem to delay, don't think that I have given up, just that I will be super busy with stuff. I will be posting the chapters as short as I can, for I really need to leave the past behind. In the past I was well known for writing looooooong intros and chapters. Haha, but no more. I will be as brief as I can. I also made a small banner for the story; Sux, I know, but I was just having fun with it. :P I wanted to have a better-looking sword, one radiating light, but that'll do; I love the sword as it is.

10rlrg2.jpg

Rated PG-13

Original Version
Light Brand
Intro

My name is Vael. I was born a heavenly creature, a being of the purest of lights. An angel, to be exact. I had the privilege of being born as a member of a high-ranking royal House in Celestia known as House Vägnari, ranked 3rd among Houses in all the realm. As a default servant to my creator, the god AO, [Alpha Omega] creator of everything that is and is not, I was raised at an early age in the ways of a meicah, a heavenly warrior. For our realm, despite being the most powerful and most beautiful realm in existence, is threatened on a daily basis. That is why warriors of light like myself are trained to become protectors of all that is good.

At an early age I came to understand of many disturbing things that happened in the ancient past, but the most important thing that I learned about was how it was that one of the Great Father's most powerful daughters betrayed him, ruining all his magnificent plans. Not only did she betray him, but in doing so, many of my kin also did the same thing, following her example. Many firstborns, as those that were created directly by the All-Father's hand are known as, followed their sister in her iniquity, and as consequence, many other angels followed their lead. Following their dreams and ambitions they spat on everything that he stood for, on all that is good. Together they went against him, but the All-Father proved to be too much for them. After a long war that ended in defeat for the dark forces, the Great All-Loving Father, not wanting to destroy them, chose to banish them entirely from Heaven. It is said that these wrongdoers, these betrayers, having no official place to dwell in, went to reside on Earth, a beautiful world teeming with life that the Sinning Daughter corrupted during her betraying period. Our history says that after all this happened, AO chose to remain secluded in an unknown place. He simply vanished, leaving the realm of the heavens unofficially in the care of one of his sons, who took over when the Father went missing. AO's voice has not been heard for ages. His appearance has not been seen, neither has his presence been felt by the most powerful gods that our realm possesses, perhaps not even by other gods that exist out there.

Accepting all that was not easy for me back then, and it still isn't. I just can't come to fathom that all those things took place in the past, ruining something that could have been great--nay, perfect. All I know now is that I am a meicah, a warrior who has reached the title of Archangel through excellent service and dedication throughout the passing of the years. I am a son of the All-Father AO, a servant to no one else but him, who my eyes have not had the privilege of seeing. But I have heard plenty about him and have even shared word with some of his sons and daughters. And judging from what I have seen with my very own eyes, he must be a magnificent being if he created all that exists. His greatness and love shows in all of his creation.

As warrior that I am to Celestia, I fight on to protect my God's realm, hoping that in doing so, I am not disappointing him, rather doing what is correct. Like my fellow warriors, I must do everything I can to survive on, to keep the heavenly realm and its many inhabitants from falling to the enemy.

*****​

ZD Version
Light Brand
Intro

My name is Eclipse. I was born a heavenly creature, a being of the purest of lights. An angel, to be exact. I had the privilege of being born as a member of a high-ranking royal House in Celestia known as House Vägnari, ranked 3rd among Houses in all the realm. As a default servant to my creator, the god Mases, creator of everything that is and is not, I was raised at an early age in the ways of a meicah, a heavenly warrior. For our realm, despite being the most powerful and most beautiful realm in existence, is threatened on a daily basis. That is why warriors of light like myself are trained to become protectors of all that is good.

At an early age I came to understand of many disturbing things that happened in the ancient past, but the most important thing that I learned about was how it was that one of the Great Father's most powerful daughters betrayed him, ruining all his magnificent plans. Not only did she betray him, but in doing so, many of my kin also did the same thing, following her example. Many firstborns, as those that were created directly by the All-Father's hand are known as, followed their sister in her iniquity, and as consequence, many other angels followed their lead. Following their dreams and ambitions they spat on everything that he stood for, on all that is good. Together they went against him, but the All-Father proved to be too much for them. After a long war that ended in defeat for the dark forces, the Great All-Loving Father, not wanting to destroy them, chose to banish them entirely from Heaven. It is said that these wrongdoers, these betrayers, having no official place to dwell in, went to reside on Earth, a beautiful world teeming with life that the Sinning Daughter corrupted during her betraying period. Our history says that after all this happened, Mases chose to remain secluded in an unknown place. He simply vanished, leaving the realm of the heavens unofficially in the care of one of his sons, who took over when the Father went missing. Mases's voice has not been heard for ages. His appearance has not been seen, neither has his presence been felt by the most powerful gods that our realm possesses, perhaps not even by other gods that exist out there.

Accepting all that was not easy for me back then, and it still isn't. I just can't come to fathom that all those things took place in the past, ruining something that could have been great--nay, perfect. All I know now is that I am a meicah, a warrior who has reached the title of Archangel through excellent service and dedication throughout the passing of the years. I am a son of the All-Father Mases, a servant to no one else but him, who my eyes have not had the privilege of seeing. But I have heard plenty about him and have even shared word with some of his sons and daughters. And judging from what I have seen with my very own eyes, he must be a magnificent being if he created all that exists. His greatness and love shows in all of his creation.

As warrior that I am to Celestia, I fight on to protect my God's realm, hoping that in doing so, I am not disappointing him, rather doing what is correct. Like my fellow warriors, I must do everything I can to survive on, to keep the heavenly realm and its many inhabitants from falling to the enemy.

Advances and other info
Chapter 1 @ a Glance.
Huge, dark portals have appeared in Celestia. It'll be up to Vael/Eclipse [and others] to close them.

As to ZD members that will appear during the story, here is what you need to know. Mostly I will be using old ZD members who are most likely not active anymore. They could be, but I haven't seen them. I wish they come back, though, I sure missed them all. These members go from old friendships to others who just signed up for past stories of mine. As to any new ones, we shall see. If by any chance you read this crap and want to be in, lemme know. I'll try to work something out.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Update 1: Chapter 1

Original Version

Chapter 1: The Fourth Archangel

Wuul Mines, Celestia, Univeral Era: 14025, Earth Time 5/12/2578

The battle had been raging on for four hours non-stop. The Celestian forces had been able to keep up easily with the invading enemy hordes, who had been pouring out from two large dark portals that had appeared hours ago.

Three Archangels and their legions were rendering service in that far-most western area of Wuul, a mining site, but a fourth one suddenly appeared mightily in the sky, robbing stares from foes and friends alike, for his mighty aura made his presence be known to the battlers below.

"That's..." an angel said with a grand smile as he noticed how the mighty four-winged archangel came swooping down fast from above, a huge, shiny sword already in his right hand.

"Vael!" a female angel finished for him, the creature also feeling happy to know that more backup had arrived.

"Yes! The lone archangel is here!" some other female angel shouted in glee behind them, her sense of fear diminishing greatly.

"Oh these creatures are going to get it now!" the male angel said, knowing fully well what Vael was capable of.

He was right.

Vael flew over the many combatants, using his mighty sword to cut down many foes. But there were many, and of different looks and sizes. He landed on the battle field soon after and began cutting down foes with his sword and his magic, particularly fireballs, which shot right from his own left hand.

Once he cleaned that small area of the foes, [many had fled in fear after seeing how he handled himself] from the looks of the monsters he'd fought, Vael thought that it was an attack from the Realm of Shekktol, ranked 3rd in the Demon Realms and 4th overall in the universe.

Now Vael was tall at six-two. He had a lean, strong body, all of it mostly protected by dark, light-weight armor. He had long, dark hair that fell to the back of his waist. His handsome face showed a few odd symbols on the cheeks and forehead, symbols that portrayed his rank. His eyes were an icy blue hue. Though he radiated a strong aura, he was not a spirit, rather he was a being of flesh and blood. He could take the form of a spirit had he wanted to, and he often did, but not at that moment in that battle field.

Shekktol hasn't attacked us before, Vael thought suspiciously, his long hair dancing wildly at his back thanks to the wind that blew lightly that day. If it's them, has there been a unification of sorts down in the demon realms?

Not knowing the answer to that, he scanned the battlefield to the southern area, and eyes noticed the mightiest foe present. It was a demon orko, a foul creature of Realm Abyss known mostly for its gigantic size and the ability to wither away the land thanks to its many tentacles at its back, which ended in spikes and usually stuck to the ground, corrupting it bit by bit. That kind of monster towered above the rest of the battlers at about forty feet in length when standing, though it usually sat on the battlefield to wither the land and protected itself using only his bare hands and his fire breath, which was like that of an earthly dragon. That's in the position Vael found him when he'd laid eyes on it: sitting and corrupting the land, morphing it to give the dark hordes an advantage. The monster had been crushing foes all around him near one of the portals as if they were nothing but pesky ants.

The sight of the monster had made Vael wonder even more as to which realm was really attacking them this time. Demon orkos were originally from Realm Abyss, ranked 2nd in the Demon Realms, but there were instances where trades were made to other realms in return for something, particularly objects of great power, or great numbers of demon and monster fodder, sometimes even large portions of territory.

Soon enough, by looking some more around the battle field, Vael found the closest leader of the Celestian forces. She was battling many of the fodder with her own weapon, which was a long golden rod with the head of a dragon. The dragon's mouth opened and shot out magical attacks, such as fireballs, electric balls, pointy ice missiles, etc. With that weapon she'd down many opponents.

Perhaps she had some answers.

Vael made good use of his four feathered wings at his back and got to her in a few seconds. He cut down some basics when he landed next to her. Basics were demon and monster fodder, and although they were generally weak, in great numbers they did pose a threat even to archangels.

The blonde haired, thin-bodied archangel smiled at her kin when she spun around and found him standing there, his large sword, which was dripping purplish goo, [monster blood] propped over his shoulder.

"Thank you, Vael," she said, catching her breath, for she'd been battling foes from the get-go. "I really needed that help."

"Don't mention it, Taezel," the archangel replied. "But tell me why that orko is still standing...er, sitting? If left unattended, you know this whole area will turn like the hells below and it will give them the advantage."

"There were two of them, actually," Taezel replied with her soft voice. "But Umiel and Ra handled the other one. I was going to go confront that one, but I got surrounded by these weaklings here, and you know how that can be."

By scanning the battlefield, Vael easily found the other two archangels, their auras very perceivable to him. They appeared to be fighting off hordes of monsters near where they had dispatched the demon orko.

"Looks like those two have their hands full," Vael said. "But don't worry, Taezel. I'll go take care of that other orko."

Taezel looked in the direction of the sitting demon, who had just sent many foes, and even his own allies, flying through the air as he'd swiped his huge right arm. Behind him from the portal more fodder kept coming out, as well as from the other portal on the other side.

"Those monsters just keep pouring in," Taezel noted.

With a grimace on his face, Vael knew he had to do something about those portals, too.

"I'll see what I can do about that too," he told her. "You keep lessening those fodder numbers."

"Do be careful," Taezel said, though with no worry, she also knew what Vael could do.

Vael nodded at her, then took off flying upwards. First he'd deal with the demon orko and then the portals.

*****​

ZD Version

Chapter 1: The Fourth Archangel

Wuul Mines, Celestia, Univeral Era: 14025, Earth Time 5/12/2578

The battle had been raging on for four hours non-stop. The Celestian forces had been able to keep up easily with the invading enemy hordes, who had been pouring out from two large dark portals that had appeared hours ago.

Three Archangels and their legions were rendering service in that far-most western area of Wuul, a mining site, but a fourth one suddenly appeared mightily in the sky, robbing stares from foes and friends alike, for his mighty aura made his presence be known to the battlers below.

"That's..." an angel said with a grand smile as he noticed how the mighty four-winged archangel came swooping down fast from above, a huge, shiny sword already in his right hand.

"Eclipse!" a female angel finished for him, the creature also feeling happy to know that more backup had arrived.

"Yes! The lone archangel is here!" some other female angel shouted in glee behind them, her sense of fear diminishing greatly.

"Oh these creatures are going to get it now!" the male angel said, knowing fully well what Eclipse was capable of.

He was right.

Eclipse flew over the many combatants, using his mighty sword to cut down many foes. But there were many, and of different looks and sizes. He landed on the battle field soon after and began cutting down foes with his sword and his magic, particularly fireballs, which shot right from his own left hand.

Once he cleaned that small area of the foes, [many had fled in fear after seeing how he handled himself] from the looks of the monsters he'd fought, Eclipse thought that it was an attack from the Realm of Shekktol, ranked 3rd in the Demon Realms and 4th overall in the universe.

Now Eclipse was tall at six-two. He had a lean, strong body, all of it mostly protected by dark, light-weight armor. He had long, dark hair that fell to the back of his waist. His handsome face showed a few odd symbols on the cheeks and forehead, symbols that portrayed his rank. His eyes were an icy blue hue. Though he radiated a strong aura, he was not a spirit, rather he was a being of flesh and blood. He could take the form of a spirit had he wanted to, and he often did, but not at that moment in that battle field.

Shekktol hasn't attacked us before, Eclipse thought suspiciously, his long hair dancing wildly at his back thanks to the wind that blew lightly that day. If it's them, has there been a unification of sorts down in the demon realms?

Not knowing the answer to that, he scanned the battlefield to the southern area, and eyes noticed the mightiest foe present. It was a demon orko, a foul creature of Realm Abyss known mostly for its gigantic size and the ability to wither away the land thanks to its many tentacles at its back, which ended in spikes and usually stuck to the ground, corrupting it bit by bit. That kind of monster towered above the rest of the battlers at about forty feet in length when standing, though it usually sat on the battlefield to wither the land and protected itself using only his bare hands and his fire breath, which was like that of an earthly dragon. That's in the position Eclipse found him when he'd laid eyes on it: sitting and corrupting the land, morphing it to give the dark hordes an advantage. The monster had been crushing foes all around him near one of the portals as if they were nothing but pesky ants.

The sight of the monster had made Eclipse wonder even more as to which realm was really attacking them this time. Demon orkos were originally from Realm Abyss, ranked 2nd in the Demon Realms, but there were instances where trades were made to other realms in return for something, particularly objects of great power, or great numbers of demon and monster fodder, sometimes even large portions of territory.

Soon enough, by looking some more around the battle field, Eclipse found the closest leader of the Celestian forces. She was battling many of the fodder with her own weapon, which was a long golden rod with the head of a dragon. The dragon's mouth opened and shot out magical attacks, such as fireballs, electric balls, pointy ice missiles, etc. With that weapon she'd down many opponents.

Perhaps she had some answers.

Eclipse made good use of his four feathered wings at his back and got to her in a few seconds. He cut down some basics when he landed next to her. Basics were demon and monster fodder, and although they were generally weak, in great numbers they did pose a threat even to archangels.

The blonde haired, thin-bodied archangel smiled at her kin when she spun around and found him standing there, his large sword, which was dripping purplish goo, [monster blood] propped over his shoulder.

"Thank you, Eclipse," she said, catching her breath, for she'd been battling foes from the get-go. "I really needed that help."

"Don't mention it, Hazel," the archangel replied. "But tell me why that orko is still standing...er, sitting? If left unattended, you know this whole area will turn like the hells below and it will give them the advantage."

"There were two of them, actually," Hazel replied with her soft voice. "But Lukémon and Caeda handled the other one. I was going to go confront that one, but I got surrounded by these weaklings here, and you know how that can be."

By scanning the battlefield, Eclipse easily found the other two archangels, their auras very perceivable to him. They appeared to be fighting off hordes of monsters near where they had dispatched the demon orko.

"Looks like those two have their hands full," Eclipse said. "But don't worry, Hazel. I'll go take care of that other orko."

Hazel looked in the direction of the sitting demon, who had just sent many foes, and even his own allies, flying through the air as he'd swiped his huge right arm. Behind him from the portal more fodder kept coming out, as well as from the other portal on the other side.

"Those monsters just keep pouring in," Hazel noted.

With a grimace on his face, Eclipse knew he had to do something about those portals, too.

"I'll see what I can do about that too," he told her. "You keep lessening those fodder numbers."

"Do be careful," Hazel said, though with no worry, she also knew what Eclipse could do.

Eclipse nodded at her, then took off flying upwards. First he'd deal with the demon orko and then the portals.

*****​

Chapter 2 @ a Glance
Things take a turn for the worst for Vael/Eclipse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom