• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Life with Background Music

Beeker

Wild Card
I've actually thought about this before, and I think it would be amazing. Music for every situation and emotion. Imagine going to a new place and some bright, cheerful music as you look around in awe. I even said to my buddies that I wanted an orchestra following me around, playing the music that narrates my life:lol:

Din Akera

Sniper
lol. I made a thread related to this topic. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?12411-Music-Explanation-Theory

Bsically, I made a fairly pointless theory as to why there is background music in Zleda.

As Zelda fans and theorist, we do not except the "because it is a video game" or "It's game logic" answer to questions posed about the zelda world. So, the question i received was: What about the music that is playing?

Answer: I believe the music that you hear through game play is the music Link is humming to himself in his head for the 'in the moment' experiences that he is having.

For example, in OoT sneaking through the Castle Courtyard to meet Princess Zelda. The theme song playing is Link ninja-ing his way past all the guards. I would be thinking spy style too!

Another example would be boss battles and any enemy fight. The music changes form the usual 'running around to my next destination' to 'alright let's go!' or depending on the boss, 'oh god...'

But, i'd love to have my own background music. It would certainly help in some situations, but be not so great while I was writing my midterms....

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
:lol: This is an interesting thought! Now that I think it through it would make life quite amusing. Just think, as something bad neared the music would turn all sinister! I can just think of it, it would motivate people! Know I understand why Link is so brave, the music would make him feel braver! :lol: Well, yes life with background music would be funny.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Well, it would depend on the background music, and also if it relied on you were able to choice what kind of background music it was or you had to be the observer to someone else's. For an example, I'm not sure if I'd want sad, swelling music in the background during a break-up, or worse, having some kind of revenge song like this play in the background. On the other hand, if it were something only you could hear, and it matched your life well, that would be kind of cool. Because even though it seems like it would be weird - if it's something we got used to our whole life, we wouldn't notice it. It would be something that was...well...in the background. :P

That being said, if there were a device that could give you background music after you've gotten used to life without it? I think it's called an iPod...kidding, they're not that smart yet. It would have to have some kind of artificial intelligence to match the setting and your mood and it would probably be weird to get used to. Though it does remind me of when I'm writing - if I'm writing a fanfic set in Twilight Princess, I'll go to that game's background music and find something that matches the mood. Again, not exactly the same, but the music does help match the mindset.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I would love it but to be honest I would also get annoyed after a while. So there must be a sound button to pump up the volume and to turn it off :P But it would be funny. And very helpful in situations when danger is approaching

Jedizora

:right:
It would be awesome. of corse, the ability to make the song of the video game would be nice, so you don't have to listen to LoZ ganon music while playing CoD or halo. And if other people could hear it, the world be to loud.

M

Malkavitch

Background Music to life would be none-other than EPIC!! Imagine if you were like running away from someone and there was that suspenseful music playing?!?! Or like when you're preparing to do something big and there would be a drumroll. awesomesocks.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Just imagine in class: " Da da da daaa! You got an A! It has been a while since you got one!"

Well... I seem to have background music in my life... It is called my iPod and it has all of my Video Game soundtracks on it right now. And for some reason, even though it is on shuffle, as I near my house "Molgera Battle" begins playing... So, perhaps the shuffle option knows which place in my life gets which song. But, I guess having it too much might get annoying, depending on your background music. :P
Near someone you hate, have a Zelda battle theme play; and when you get your report card, play an item-get tune. It would be interesting if you could do it without the iPod, though.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I would love that! Background music would make life so much more fun...
I am currently in the process of downloading all the ZREO music one bit at a time, and thats ALL I listen to on my laptop. Let's just say I'm... weird.

But I am planning on putting it onto my MP3, and well, let's see if what happened to Mandy will happen to me.

I could actually imagine background music to life. I mean, I have a few ideas of perfect Zelda songs... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom