• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Life or Choice? The Abortion Discussion

Life or choice?

• Total voters

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
(ok one more post)

I understand that there are many side affects of having a child. it's very painful too and I'm not saying that a woman is wrong in not wanting to experience that. but at the same time, sex is part of our human reproductive cycle. so if someone really felt strongly about not having a child, they wouldn't have had sex in the first place. killing a child because a mistake you made is wrong. when I make a mistake, I have to live with the consequences. its not like I can just go to the doctor and get rid of the consequence of my mistake, it doesn't work like that in real life. you make a mistake, you own up to it and accept the consequences. in the case of sex, the consequence is often a child. so why is it that women and men who take part in that act shouldn't have to pay for the consequences of their mistake? is the consequence more severe? yes! Very much so! but it was their choice to have sex, so they should be ready to accept everything that comes with that.

the only exception I would ever give is the case of rape. but I would strongly suggest finding an alternate method. like adoption for example.
I don't mean to be or sound patronizing here, but you sound very young and I have a feeling you will come to at least somewhat understand sex better when you get older.

Sex is more to humans than just a means to procreate, we along with Dolphins have sex because it feels good. To expect adults who don't want to have children to refrain from having sex is beyond unrealistic. And not all unwanted pregnancies are a result of mistakes (and I'm not even talking about rape). All kinds of birth control can fail, even condoms. You can do everything right and still find yourself in that position.

And to say that a woman who terminates a pregnancy escapes without consequences is rather naive. It is a terrible choice to have to make, and many have to jump through so many hoops and face so much condemnation for it. In the US they often have to go past vicious protesters, in Ireland they had to travel out of the country to even have it in the first place (thankfully those archaic laws have been voted down), in some parts of the world they can be jailed for it (there are women who've been jailed for suffering miscarriages), and in other parts where there are no safe options, they could get permanently damaged or die from the procedure - yet some will still seek it (which illustrates how desperate the situation can get).

Kirino

leslie/draco
It's incredibly costly and removes the consequences of being a whore which results in the society we have now, a deranged clown without his slippers... I have no problems with women being whores as that's their nature
It's one thing to disagree with abortion on moral grounds involving concern for the life of the fetus, but the idea that we should make abortion illegal to punish women for having sex is genuinely really gross and controlling; it's comparable to forcing women to wear chastity belts to prevent intercourse and practicing female genital mutilation to reduce pleasure. There's also the obvious point that this is a blatant double standard, as nobody expects men to face consequences for being "whores," regardless of how promiscuous they are. The second part about women being natural whores is honestly just incel-tier misogyny.

(ok one more post)

I understand that there are many side affects of having a child. it's very painful too and I'm not saying that a woman is wrong in not wanting to experience that. but at the same time, sex is part of our human reproductive cycle. so if someone really felt strongly about not having a child, they wouldn't have had sex in the first place. killing a child because a mistake you made is wrong. when I make a mistake, I have to live with the consequences. its not like I can just go to the doctor and get rid of the consequence of my mistake, it doesn't work like that in real life. you make a mistake, you own up to it and accept the consequences. in the case of sex, the consequence is often a child. so why is it that women and men who take part in that act shouldn't have to pay for the consequences of their mistake? is the consequence more severe? yes! Very much so! but it was their choice to have sex, so they should be ready to accept everything that comes with that.

the only exception I would ever give is the case of rape. but I would strongly suggest finding an alternate method. like adoption for example.

It's one thing to disagree with abortion on moral grounds involving concern for the life of the fetus, but the idea that we should make abortion illegal to punish women for having sex is genuinely really gross and controlling; it's comparable to forcing women to wear chastity belts to prevent intercourse and practicing female genital mutilation to reduce pleasure. There's also the obvious point that this is a blatant double standard, as nobody expects men to face consequences for being "whores," regardless of how promiscuous they are. The second part about women being natural whores is honestly just incel-tier misogyny.
Also using the term 'whore' unironically while referring to women fulfilling their own sexual desires in some way or another. Can we stop that ****.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Forum Volunteer
So many kids abandoned in McDonald's Restrooms and at horrible foster homes and places.

If the baby was going to someone who doesn't want it, they would be miserable. They would grow up sad and make poor choices.

Yes, there are consequences, but sometimes you take all the right steps and it still doesn't work.

Too many kids who were given life to unwanted parents grow up to be horrible people or cut their lives short. They will most likely be forever alone. Yes, some babies are given loving homes, but there are ones who aren't given any home at all

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
You mentioned that your exception would be rape except how would you ever know that someone that's getting an abortion was raped. That's what I'm getting at with that post. You're by default assuming otherwise
Plus that great parallel between that comment underneath that post insinuating that her choice to go to that party like a normal college student made the outcome "her fault" - and the arguments in here that a woman has to carry out a pregnancy because she dared to actually have sex like a normal human being... that was an added bonus

Dan

It's not a punishment, It's intended for those that try to pregnant for the sole purpose of keeping a man. It happens so many ****ing times, my best friend was a result of it. I'm fine with women sleeping around and whoring it up(believe me :bubsy:) but you can't have this fetus = trash mentality. All I'm asking for is a little responsibility so society doesn't have to pay for your womb trash. Again, give men a pill of some kind and abortion will go down.

t's comparable to forcing women to wear chastity belts to prevent intercourse and practicing female genital mutilation to reduce pleasure.
One is asking women to be a little more responsible by not getting pregnant(there's a whole range of tools) the other is mutilating their holes, I think you've been up past your bedtime reading incel-tears(brilliant reddit by the way, everyone should check it out) again haven't you mister? I'll teach you the difference physically one day. :bubsy:

The second part is what we truly are without societies teachings built onto us. If it makes you feel better I can even out my vile incel-tier misogyny(lightning strikes) with some singewomenwithtonsofcatspleasemarryme misandry to even it out. Seriously though humans in their natural state men included (because criticizing women is a shameful act)posses many behaviors that are frowned upon by modern society. All men are naturally rapists, we punish men for doing that and it works fine most of the time.

To conclude once again. I'm fine with abortion as long as it's for these reasons:

The women gets pregnant but doesn't want it due to the father being ugly, or effeminate, or weak.
The baby dies inside her
The father has a disability
The women was actually raped(police have rape test kits that's how you find out)

A few people in the past have asked me what if the baby can be born but it will kill the women, my response to that is children first(providing the baby isn't ugly or has any other genetic defect) so the mother will have to die to bring a new life into this world.

If it were up to me I wouldn't allow ugly men/effeminate men to have sex to begin with which would solve so many problems in our society.

Last edited:

Kirino

leslie/draco
It's not a punishment, It's intended for those that try to pregnant for the sole purpose of keeping a man. It happens so many ****ing times, my best friend was a result of it. I'm fine with women sleeping around and whoring it up(believe me :bubsy:) but you can't have this fetus = trash mentality. All I'm asking for is a little responsibility so society doesn't have to pay for your womb trash. Again, give men a pill of some kind and abortion will go down.
So you think that it’s a common occurrence for women to become pregnant in order to force their partners to stay with them, and that this epidemic is somehow widespread and serious enough that the government should prohibit abortion in order to deter it? That’s still pretty ****ed, as you’re using the government to force all women to undergo pregnancy and give birth so that a few people can’t manipulate their partners. It doesn’t even make sense, as by getting abortions these women lose their leverage; your friend, which you used as an example, wasn’t aborted.

I’m also not sure how “society pays” for abortions.

One is asking women to be a little more responsible by not getting pregnant(there's a whole range of tools) the other is mutilating their holes,
The proposal is that women be forced to give birth against their will in order to punish them for (or at least deter them from) having sex, so it seems comparable to me, and in fact much worse. For the record, I don’t believe that chastity belts necessarily involved mutilation, although I’m hardly an expert.

I'll teach you the difference physically one day. :bubsy:
:bubsy:

The second part is what we truly are without societies teachings built onto us. If it makes you feel better I can even out my vile incel-tier misogyny(lightning strikes) with some singewomenwithtonsofcatspleasemarryme misandry to even it out. Seriously though humans in their natural state men included (because criticizing women is a shameful act)posses many behaviors that are frowned upon by modern society. All men are naturally rapists, we punish men for doing that and it works fine most of the time.
Not really, since I think that’d be equally retarded, and your incredibly essentialist and reductive notion of gender as a whole just strikes me as bizarre honestly, frankly I think you’re taking this alt-right **** too seriously and it’s made you go kind of nuts lol. But if you do believe that men are naturally “whores” or rapists as well and that my accusation of misogyny is therefore illegitimate, then your previous post gave no indication of that, so it’s hardly my fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Since Abortion isn't murder, does that mean I can kill someone and call it a post-pregnency Abortion? does that justify it? I mean it's an Abortion, right there in the name.

Abortion is murder and should only be carried out if the mother AND the baby will both die no matter what. Here's a link to my favorite political youtuber Hunter Avallone's video on Abortion, he makes some really good points.

Dan

So you think that it’s a common occurrence for women to become pregnant in order to force their partners to stay with them, and that this epidemic is somehow widespread and serious enough that the government should prohibit abortion in order to deter it? That’s still pretty ****ed, as you’re using the government to force all women to undergo pregnancy and give birth so that a few people can’t manipulate their partners. It doesn’t even make sense, as by getting abortions these women lose their leverage; your friend, which you used as an example, wasn’t aborted.

I’m also not sure how “society pays” for abortions.
It certainly is, not only that but we have a single parent epidemic, I think if you're going to have a child both parties must truly know one another and be willing to sacrifice their own happiness for their child if it comes down to it. People need to realise love isn't the magical land of rainbows and pixels, it can be a bumpy ride from hell and back. More often than not these children don't do as well as those we two parents.

The proposal is that women be forced to give birth against their will in order to punish them for (or at least deter them from) having sex, so it seems comparable to me, and in fact much worse. For the record, I don’t believe that chastity belts necessarily involved mutilation, although I’m hardly an expert.
No one wants stupid chastity belts you're the one that's bringing it up. If life in the womb has started it should continue to grow.

Not really, since I think that’d be equally retarded, and your incredibly essentialist and reductive notion of gender as a whole just strikes me as bizarre honestly, frankly I think you’re taking this alt-right **** too seriously and it’s made you go kind of nuts lol. But if you do believe that men are naturally “whores” or rapists as well and that my accusation of misogyny is therefore illegitimate, then your previous post gave no indication of that, so it’s hardly my fault.
Whoa there! Hold on m8, lemme just peel off some of these sticky labels you've been putting on my back to simplify this rather deep complex topic with clear sexual overtones. Firstly, my beliefs are far closer to that of the far left, I think you're attempting to ruffle my feathers by comparing me to those guys(losers). I also follow some branches of feminism, not all, but certainly some. I'm an individual, I've formed many different beliefs that don't follow one set of rules, all I ask is for you to converse with me like a neighbour so we can discuss these beliefs in full.

I don't see how my views on gender are essentialist, I believe there's a core to each but what's built on top can be just as complex as the universe itself. Is that an okay belief in your book or is that still a little craaaaaaaaaazy?

then your previous post gave no indication of that, so it’s hardly my fault.
Do I have to make everything equal when I bring up a negative trait regarding women to avoid accusation of misogyny? I **** on men all the ****ing time and you know it, 80% of my MD threads hold fragments of my rage towards men.

Putting my two cents in the matter. I believe that a woman should have the right to abortion as it is her body after all. Not all women are heartless sex crazed machines like most men and other women seem to think. As someone else posted earlier, they will have to face their own personal issues (judgement, scarring, possible permanent inability to have kids again, possible death, etc).

In the end both genders are equally to blame, and we need to work together to find a solution. Heavily encouraging birth control sounds like a decent start.

Last edited:

Deus

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
ZD Champion
Since Abortion isn't murder, does that mean I can kill someone and call it a post-pregnency Abortion? does that justify it? I mean it's an Abortion, right there in the name.

Abortion is murder and should only be carried out if the mother AND the baby will both die no matter what. Here's a link to my favorite political youtuber Hunter Avallone's video on Abortion, he makes some really good points.

Abortion isn't murder because a fetus is not a human being, it is a pre-human and therefore does not have human rights. It's living yes but so are other types of cells and organs. It is unable to survive indipendently without that one person it is effectively leaching off. Therefore if the mother decides she does not want her body used in that way an abortion is the way to go.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Forum Volunteer
You mentioned that your exception would be rape except how would you ever know that someone that's getting an abortion was raped. That's what I'm getting at with that post. You're by default assuming otherwise
in your post, it said that she had been raped. now those christians in the post don't speak for me! I never said anything about assuming that people were whores. I would never call someone that. what I did say, was that in my opinion, the only acceptable occasion for an abortion is in the case of rape. now I can't stop a person from having an abortion. it's their choice. it's a purely hypothetical situation so I don't really understand what your post is trying to say. if you are just pointing out how hypocritical some christians are, i'm sure theres another place for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom