• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Life as a Kokiri

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
don 't think so, the deku tree in WW told you that the koroks were once in human form, but after the flood occurd they had to adjust their form to life on.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
According to the logic that the Kokiri Children live forever, and if the Deku Tree is correct that they had to change their form in order to survive. If those are both true and the Wind Waker takes place in the same Hyrule, then, theoretically, are the Koroks actually the exact same Kokirir kids? Like, do you think some of the Koroks are the Know-It-All Brothers or Mido, or any of the other Kokiri children?

One thing I don't get, why change to wood for Koroks. I mean, wood gets damaged by Water. Although maybe it is like how trees turn to wood. Say vines. They start off as just green branched, but over the winter time, have to harden into wood to keep themselves safe over the cold. I guess that logic could make sense.

Shadow Goris

The Stalker
Kokiri

I would love to be a kokiri. I could just play all day with the others and yeah. Beside, what's so bad about koroks? I think they're cute....Any way, I was wondering, Were Do Kokiri Come From? This really baffles me. If they never age, then if they were born, wouldn't they stay as babies for ever? Or maybe they come from seeds of the deku tree (that sounded wrong). Any ideas?

K

kris94

kokiri

this kinda creep me out... how does the kokiri gets childrens when they are just 7-8 years old, and if it`s true they never grow up, how did they be 7 years old.

It`s a while since i`ve played OoT so it may happen I forgot the reason, if it was one.

Oh, come one, do honestly think there's a straight answer to that? It's a video game, don't try to apply logic to it.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
(Merged with the Life as a Kokiri Thread)

I think this is one of the big mysteries with the Kokiri Race. There are a few things that I could imagine...

1) They were never born as a human is born. Rather, they just were placed into existence at the age of 7-8.

2) They were kids from another place in Hyrule or the rest of the world. At the age of 7 they were chosen for one reason or another and brought over to the Forest by the Great Deku Tree.

3) They are actually kids that were born IN THE FOREST. However, because of the forest, babies will only be able to grow to the age of 7 and that's it. This would explain Link since he was NOT born in the forest, so he is able to age into a teenager.

linkman8

True and Noble
3) They are actually kids that were born IN THE FOREST. However, because of the forest, babies will only be able to grow to the age of 7 and that's it. This would explain Link since he was NOT born in the forest, so he is able to age into a teenager.

That makes sense. So that would mean that the Kokiri are just humans or hylians that were born in the forest?

P

proctorFFVII

The lifestyle I want is that of the Kokiria, an expanded universe race created by some guy on newgrounds. Basically they stop aging later, around 16. Now I want that. I'd be able to do so much more than if i were a kid.

The lifestyle I want is that of the Kokiria, an expanded universe race created by some guy on newgrounds. Basically they stop aging later, around 16. Now I want that. I'd be able to do so much more than if i were a kid.

Well, that would be totally awesome, because you'd be able to go to almost the physical limit of your body, instead of being a little 7 year old all the time.

I'm pretty sure that in OoT it said somewhere that the Kokiri are like forest spirits who have been given the shape of the Kokiri by the Deku tree.

If me and all my friends were kokiri that would be sooooo awesome!

me and my friends don't wanna grow up and part ways. We wouldn't have to if we were all kokiri living in the forest! ^_^ :clap:

Leix

Error
...However, it would be kind of boring staying a kid forever, while seeing the race of men grow up and all.
Exceeeeept the Kokiri didn't see anyone outside the forest. In fact, they probably didn't have much knowledge of the world outside the forest.

It's weird isn't it? Most kids just want to grow up, and most adults want their youth back.
I don't think i'd want to be a Kokiri. There wouldn't be a whole lot to do, and I couldn't meet new people or anything. I could learn an instrument, become the best, and never become famous. I could master the art of the sword, but never fight any real battles. But hey, it's trading immortality for excitement. If you just want a peacful, happy, lazy life then there's nothing wrong with being a Kokiri (other than the fact that Kokiri are all little excited children who like to run around and play)

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I found those last week.

People usually want what they can't have. So the idea of eternal youth appeals more to adults because they have already experienced growing up and maturing. But when your a kid, you want the adult experience because you don't know what it's like and so you imagine it to be cool. But adults have gotten the experience that they wanted as a kid, so the adult life is nothing special now.

So while the Kokiri lifestyle might appeal to an adult because it's a carefree, Hakuna Matata lifestyle as Mases said. If you put yourself in the shoes of a Kokiri, they might desire the thrill of growing up and having an adventurous and active lifestyle. Depending on their knowledge of the world outside of the forest. So you might be unhappy either way. My life is so hectic right now, some Hakuna Matata Kokiri time would be nice.

I don't think I would mind it. Now I don't really have too much of a life outside of school during the summer, so I basically do the same thing every day. And I love it. I mean the same thing for the 3 months, and it doesn't really get that boring. Now granted that's forever, and it might get boring eventually, but I would be fine with it. Maybe I'm happy with the fact that you wouldn't die over staying a kid forever, but I would still love it either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom