• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Life as a Kokiri

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
living in the same place for an eternity gets boring and outlive every friend who isn't a kokiri

The only person who was in the Forest and wasn't a Kokiri was Link anyway, so you wouldn't "outlive" anyone, unless you count the people that get lost and turn into Stalfos.
But on another note, it'd be a pain in the butt to have a fight with one of your friends because you're both too young and immature. But then you might also easily forget and forgive one another?

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Or I could sit on top of a roof and yell out to people about Z Targeting for a living... Then there's also the fact that I wouldn't ever move from a single spot, except if I was like Mido, then I could spin around at an 80º angle, keeping people from getting to the Deku Tree.

This post was absolutely genious, lol. I love it. Of course, I didn't mean the life of a Kokiri to be as straight forward as the 7-8 Kokiri that we see in the game. I really don't remember the Kokiri and Lost Woods connection.

So if you had a fairy, you would be able to travel into the Lost Woods? I think if the Kokiri Forest blueprint was possible in a real life world, that was a bit larger, than it would be my own personal utopia. Hakuna Matata!

No worries, no obligations, no parents to tell you what to do, and a ginormous tree to protect you from the outside world. You can run around and play with your friends all day. It would have to be slightly larger than just like 8 Kokiri Kids that are in the game. If it was a larger community of say 40-50, that would be great. Enough personalites to last a life time. The land space would also need to be a bit bigger, but ya... Does it really get any better than that?

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
So if you had a fairy, you would be able to travel into the Lost Woods?

No, because some of the Kokiri state that they would die if they were to leave the forest, but that others get lost in the Lost Woods. I think it has something to do with them being "fairy children", a part of the forest in a way. That's why they don't get lost and why they can interact with the Deku Tree. (He was protecting Link, so that's why he didn't... become stalfotized?)

Edit:
Wait, I just had a thought. "Fairy children", that means that maybe Tingle always wanted to be a Kokiri? He is dressed like one, (of sorts,) after all.

M

MiniMeMilo

I don't think being a Kokiri would be that great at all. You would eventually get bored of hanging around the same people in the same forest for years. Not to mention if you even wanted to leave the forest you couldn't, you would die. Going into the Lost Woods would be dangerous, unless you have a map or something so you wouldn't get lost and turn into a Skull Kid.

P

Peregrine

The Kokiri might be forest sprites, like brownies, dryads, or gnomes. If that's the case, then they might have some mystical connection with their little forest glen, and for some "magical" reason, they might not want to leave. They're somehow, just magically content there, and somehow, magically, never get bored (with a few exceptions), or at least, don't get bored as often. The whole "don't leave the forest or you'll die" thing might just be their explanation for it.

The only other explanation that I can think of is that there's other pockets of Kokiri elsewhere in the world that we just don't hear about in the course of the game. Infrequent forays into the Lost Woods might allow them to meet up occasionally, but otherwise they keep themselves occupied with their own little village.

Kybyrian

as far as i know, if you have a fairy and you are in lost woods, you will be able to find your way back(don 't know but someone said that in the game) and if somebody gets lost they become a stalfos, well the blond kokiri girl said that if you gave the odd potion in exchange for poachers saw.

anyway i think it would be cool, but are kokiri even humans? maybe they are made of wood with a human appearance? i don 't want to end op to be a korok like in windwaker. ow yeah thats due hyrule was flooded. lol if link was really a kokiri and would cross the haunted wasteland to reach spirit temple, maybe he would change to a walking cactus or something.

That's part of the quest for getting Biggoron's Sword.

And hell, for all we know, just like you said, Peregrine, the Kokiri's could be some forest sprite. It never really made sense, that how the Kokiri's could never grow up. And the Lost Woods, part of the Kokiri forest, is interesting too. Because if you lurk in it too long(doesn't effect Link), then you turn into a Skull Kid. The Forest and the Kokiri's themselves are very interesting. That and the Great Deku tree.

I really wouldn't like to live like a Kokiri. Pretty much is that you live forever and never grow up. Live a life in the same place all of the time would get boring. The Kokiri don't have the blessing of the forest when they leave. They would still never grow up, but they could die and without the protection of the Great Deku's tree magic most likely die by an attack out on Hyrule Field from the Skeleton's and Poes. I wouldn't like to live as a Kokiri at all.

I wouldn't want to be a Kokiri.
They never age, and they can't leave the Forest.
And then in TWW they turn into the Korok. Theres no way I'd want to be a Korok...

Kybyrian

Koroks are little pieces of wood. I wouldn't want to be a little piece of wood. Sure you can fly with those leaves, well, not really fly but glide. That could get boring though. And I'd be so small ;-;

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I wouldn't want to be a Kokiri.
They never age, and they can't leave the Forest.
And then in TWW they turn into the Korok. Theres no way I'd want to be a Korok...

i don 't know that for sure about leaving the forest. at the ending of oot the dance at lon lon ranch. my theory is that kokiri adjust their form in drastic envoirments, well its just a theory i can't prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom